Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

What no Comedian? Someone has to be planning the Comedian?? I don't have the look to pull him off or I would do it. I mean sure the guy is A morale, but you still need a good Comedian out there. That and an Ozymandias.
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2008, 03:28 PM   #17
aavlee

Haha, these are an idea? Paint the shoe to match?
http://www.popgadget.net/images/bare...0shoes%202.jpg
aavlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #18
Ironekilz

Actually I think those would work great! And I'd definitely go for something like this over body makeup; you wouldn't even need a bald cap, just some face makeup: http://www.amazon.com/Bal-Togs-Compl.../dp/B0002UQIMM
Unread 08-02-2008, 03:18 AM   #19
Juego
Do you want a 2nd opinion

Well, I was pleasantly surprised how good my ghetto mask looks. Only drawback is that it looks silly on the top, so I always need to keep my hat on.

For anyone who wants to make a Rorschach mask on the cheap:

Materials:
*one pair each of white and black tights
* black Sharpie marker
* needle and thread

1) Cut the legs off the tights. Unless they are really large, you'll only be able to get your head through the pelvic area.

2) Your mask will be two layers - black on the inside and white on the outside. Turn the layers inside-out and stitch up and holes you don't need.

3) Sharpie your design on the white layer. You will have an easier time if you stretch the fabric. Note that your final design will look VERY large, so make it smaller than you think.

Remember to test the Sharpie on some scrap, first, so you get a feel for how it bleeds. Also, put some cardboard underneath the white layer you are inking to control bleeding as well.

4) Cut out eye holes in the black layer and finish the edges so things don't fray. Ideally, your mask design has black over the eye holes.

The end result runs about $6 and an hour or so of your time. So, you can conceivably make a few different masks to swap out during the day!

Last edited by Juego : 08-16-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Juego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #20
Syrinx
Love and Peace!!

*feels silly* i totally just posted a seperate thread about getting suggestions on Rorschach's mask... and then found this thread. well anyway, Juego.. your idea is wonderful and your mask turned out perfect. thanks!

Sumia 25%
Link (OoT) 50%
Bowser 100% (repair work)
Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #21
Juego
Do you want a 2nd opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx View Post
*feels silly* i totally just posted a seperate thread about getting suggestions on Rorschach's mask... and then found this thread. well anyway, Juego.. your idea is wonderful and your mask turned out perfect. thanks!

Keep in mine my design is a bit ghetto - you'd do a better job with a proper pattern from scratch (especially if you want to take your hat off). But, 2 pairs of tights work in a pinch!
Unread 08-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #22
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

I'm so glad this thread EXISTS! yay
I finished reading the comic the other day. Mind you i wasnt even born when it was released and just learned about it last year *shame on me* It. was. EPIC. I'm quite hesitant about the movie since the comic was so much win (and i cant wait to reread it. just got to catch up on my manga)

But i will be cosplaying the second Silk Spectre - movie version. Sorry, but the comic version is just not a good design at all. The fact that i only have like 3 decent shots of the movie version will cause some inaccuracies, but i'm always willing to fix it up after the movie release.

Plan to start it after i complete a couple of other projects and it will be for the movie release, Comic Con, and Dragon*Con -all next year- ^_^

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #23
Technoir
Scaley Manfish

Well, apparently I've gone completely crazy. I'm hoping to cosplay Silk Spectre (II), both versions, for a con next Spring. (A con that's like a local D*C.) And I guess I'll wear the movie version for the premiere. I'm not quite sure how I convinced myself to do it, the comic version especially, but we'll see if I have the guts to do it when it comes down to it. That said, I refuse to start making either one until I lose some pudge. >:| I'd rather avoid being laughed at on... certain other websites.

I've got two friends doing Nite Owl as well. One's doing the comic version, and I figure if he can build up the confidence to wear spandex, I can build up the confidence to wear... nothing. And the other's doing the movie version -- he's certainly got his work cut out for him with that. I'm not even sure how he's going to do it, but I told him he'd better start now if he wants to get all of that leather quilted before the Spring. Hahaha.

Anyway, wall of text. XD Just throwing in my name, and I'll be keeping my eye on the thread.

PS: Juego, I already nerded out over your costume elsewhere, but seriously, your Rorschach is the best I have ever seen. You're really going the extra mile with it, and it certainly shows. I'm excited to see it when it's actually finished, since it already looks fantastic.
Technoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #24
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

what about the watchmen's older heroes the 30s heroes masked justice dollar bill
Unread 08-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #25
RaaBee
Dracula called...

Was Dollar Bill ever shown? I was possibly thinking of doing the Silhouette, but I wanted to see the movie version first.
RaaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #26
Technoir
Scaley Manfish

Here's all of the Minutemen era characters in the movie. I have to say, Silhouette and Dollar Bill do look pretty fantastic.

Last edited by Technoir : 08-11-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Technoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #27
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

As far as MinuteMen, they're just so old school looking (haha.noduh) that their designs dont really appeal to me. (and farcry, i think the link is broken). But if Silk Spectre I didnt have that hair, i'd totally look into it.

Been researching my Silk Spectre costume a lot. I'll go with a black wig since it'll go better with my skin tone then trying to find a decent brown. I just used a 2-way stretch vinyl for my Yoko (TTGL)costume and i might use the same fabric for this costume.

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM   #28
The Peregrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironekilz View Post
I don't have time to do it this year for DC, but my boyfriend and I are planning on cosplaying Silk Spectre and NightOwl (comic versions not movie versions) for next DC. He's never cosplayed before and I aim to corrupt him.

I'll be on the lookout for your Rorschach and any other Watchmen costumers though.
Avast! There's going to be a Watchmen meetup at DragonCon this year, Friday, 11am, Marriott Bar. I was the comic version of SS last year, reprising it this year...the more the merrier!
The Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #29
The Peregrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radleia View Post
I fully expect the comic to rule...I'm just afraid of the fact that if the movie is awesome, I'll be too blinded by the bias of how seriously awesome the comic was that the movie would never live up to it.
There's too much material in the comic to fit into a two hour movie, even if you presume it could all be successfully translated. The movie will in no way approach the experience of reading the book. The most likely scenario is that the *movie* will ruin your enjoyment of the *book*, not vice versa. Read it now!!!
Unread 08-14-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
The Peregrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post

But i will be cosplaying the second Silk Spectre - movie version. Sorry, but the comic version is just not a good design at all.

Haha! So true! One of the least attractive costumes in the history of comics. But I'm glad the updated version retained the vulgar V motif, since that was the whole point. No pun intended.