Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #61
CreepyUncleLee
CreepyUncleLee

I've already decided to put Dan dreiberg's Nite Owl on my my list for the movie premeire if fox doesnt get WB into court,personally I hope fox drops the rights feud and wont try to pay off ppl in WB to leak the movie b4 it comes out

I finished the series today like 35 minutes ago

my friend wants to sear latex together and fill it with ink so it moves just like they explained in the comic
CreepyUncleLee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2008, 06:44 PM   #62
prototype138
Big Fan of Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyUncleLee View Post
my friend wants to sear latex together and fill it with ink so it moves just like they explained in the comic
I've contemplated this at length, but I can't see how it would be feasible. Even if you could work out the logistics of keeping two layers of latex parallel with liquid between them (considering gravity's action on the liquid), there is also the human needs to see and breathe that must be accounted for.
That being said, I hope to demonstrate something fun in my fiance's Rorschach costume pretty soon.

MANSpolymer

Simian Angel World Betterment
prototype138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #63
CreepyUncleLee
CreepyUncleLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype138 View Post
I've contemplated this at length, but I can't see how it would be feasible. Even if you could work out the logistics of keeping two layers of latex parallel with liquid between them (considering gravity's action on the liquid), there is also the human needs to see and breathe that must be accounted for.
I remember there being sneakers that had the same effect and just cuz its latex doesnt mean that completely leaves the wearer blind and airless,and besides like I said I finished reading the book like a day ago so have yet to finish pondering the idea

I still wanna try and see if its possible and i mean its still feasible,its called imagination.

so has Night Owl been accused of being batman yet in this thread? He's just nice batman and Rorshach is just the goddamn in the goddamn batman,but I am rather enjoying that smiley face picture of rorshach
CreepyUncleLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #64
prototype138
Big Fan of Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyUncleLee View Post
so has Night Owl been accused of being batman yet in this thread? He's just nice batman and Rorshach is just the goddamn in the goddamn batman,but I am rather enjoying that smiley face picture of rorshach
I believe Nite Owl is actually based on Blue Beetle, and Rorschach is The Question. I think I read that Alan Moore was originally going to use the Charleston Comics heroes for this story, but DC didn't want them used for this type of adult story. I'm glad, as I think it forced better characterization out of him, in Rorschach in particular.
Side note, Dr Manhattan would have been Captain Atom.

MANSpolymer

Simian Angel World Betterment
prototype138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #65
gov3nator

Juego, you are the man. I've been in the process of making my Rorschach costume and have randomly stumbled upon this. I was in the process of experimenting with two different masks, one of nylon and one from the material from a toga costume. The toga wasn't form fitting but all I had needed was one layer and would be very easy to sharpie in whatever inkblot design I had wanted.

I'm going to a party on friday and am going to make a prototype mask following your design. For halloween I may go all out depending on how much time I have with school and such. I'll try to get some pictures.

Right now I'm just having a hell of a time finding a fedora to simply match my trench coat color. I'm thinking if I dye the trenchcoat I may experiment with dying a fedora. Anyways, thank you for all your help. I have to say your Rorschach has blown away every other Rorschach costume I've seen done online. Your idea for using RIT dye was absolutely brilliant.
gov3nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #66
Perfect Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightstar View Post
What no Comedian? Someone has to be planning the Comedian?? I don't have the look to pull him off or I would do it. I mean sure the guy is A morale, but you still need a good Comedian out there. That and an Ozymandias.

comedian here... finally i`ve got most of the stuff together. it could use some more work on the belt and i`m thinking of doing another fetish mask, on that is closer to the form of my head, but other than that i`m almost finished and already i`m starting to think about doing a rorschach especially after seeing juego`s perfect rorschach.
i think the hardest thing there will be the suit. where can i get a purple suit with stripes???
Unread 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #67
Kung_Fu_Candy
Chaos in a small frame

I'm planning on doing Silk Spectre (II, movie version) for the midnight showing of the movie (whenever that may be now, with all the awful studio dramu T___T) and the summer con season! I'm really nervous about making the leotard thing (I guess that's what you'd call it), but I'm pretty excited too!
Kung_Fu_Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 12:06 PM   #68
Juego
Do you want a 2nd opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov3nator View Post
Juego, you are the man. I've been in the process of making my Rorschach costume and have randomly stumbled upon this. I was in the process of experimenting with two different masks, one of nylon and one from the material from a toga costume. The toga wasn't form fitting but all I had needed was one layer and would be very easy to sharpie in whatever inkblot design I had wanted.

I'm going to a party on friday and am going to make a prototype mask following your design. For halloween I may go all out depending on how much time I have with school and such. I'll try to get some pictures.
:awesome: Thanks, man! Make sure you're using my updated tutorial (in my Rorschach costume diary) with the double-layer of white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gov3nator View Post
Right now I'm just having a hell of a time finding a fedora to simply match my trench coat color.
Ditto. My hat is too dark. If I find one in that tan shade, I'll post a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy View Post
comedian here... finally i`ve got most of the stuff together.
Dude, major props for doing the gimp mask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy View Post
i think the hardest thing there will be the suit. where can i get a purple suit with stripes???
Oof, that's tough. Off the top of my head, only zoot suit like places would probably carry the shade, but the cut would be way too baggy. I'd be curious if one could end up tinting a thrift-store find and keep the pinstripes looking ok.

When it boils down to it, though, technically, you only really need the pants. As long as you keep the trench buttoned, you can get away with a normal jacket. (And I do advocate wearing a jacket under the trench even if it isn't seen -- it keeps your shoulders looking broad.)

In this case, look around to see what Joker cosplayers use (try ebay). You can also try Hot Topic or Urban Outfitters, as they are likely to carry pants in this unusual color.
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #69
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi_Misa View Post
I'm planning on doing Silk Spectre (II, movie version) for the midnight showing of the movie (whenever that may be now, with all the awful studio dramu T___T) and the summer con season! I'm really nervous about making the leotard thing (I guess that's what you'd call it), but I'm pretty excited too!
YAY! Another Silk Spectre II costumer. I hope to start mine in December. I dont know if i'm "brave" enough to wear the costume to the midnight showing just because there isnt a big comic following in city [although there is a first year comic/anime convention happening next weekend...we'll see how that goes]. Since there isnt a lot of people that probably KNOW Watchmen around here, i'm sure no one would get why i was dressed that way. OR prehaps they've all seen the awesome new trailer and will recognize it. Idk. It would be better to wear it if i was in a group, but i wont be...I'm the only cosplayer in MILES around here. The closest cosplayers are like 2-3 hours away o.o

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #70
Shichi

W00t W00t for you Silk Spectre II gals. I'm thinking of doing it for the midnight show also, not sure if I'd do the comic or movie version. D: From what I hear though, I'll have some time to decide...
Shichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2008, 03:05 AM   #71
gov3nator

My attempt at Rorschach.

http://www.mine-dog.net/files/ror1.jpg

http://www.mine-dog.net/files/ror3.jpg

Other person is a friend of mine going as a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's not the finished product, but the general look I'll have. Will attempt to dye a different trench coat and the fedora. Still looking for purple pants, have to try local hot topics.
gov3nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 05:06 AM   #72
Technoir
Scaley Manfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi_Misa View Post
Oo, another Texas Watchmen cosplayer. D8 We need to plan for some kind of gathering for next summer, as it looks like there's quite a few people around here planning on doing Watchmen cosplay for next year. I really wish that guy who's been talking about working out to do Dr. Manhattan would post here or something, so we can see/hear about his progress. As far as I know, he's the first to do it.

Also, speaking of which. This costume really kicked me into gear as far as working out and getting more toned up. I figure if I'm going to walk around mostly naked (comic version) and/or in tight latex (movie), I probably shouldn't be assaulting people's eyes with my stomach chub and stick legs. Haha.

Though, really, more and more I'm considering doing different characters from the comic. Not quite sure who, though I've thought about doing Silhouette. Also thought about doing Walter with his The End Is Nigh sign, but for once, I don't think I'm ugly enough for it. LOL.

/ramble

Unrelated, but. Juego, I know I pester you all the time, but seriously. Thank you for being so helpful around various communities. You always answer, with great suggestions, and like... within hours, and I'm sure people appreciate it. I sure do! (I promise I'm not just kissing ass, I just know that people very rarely get thanked around here.)
Technoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #73
Sooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far Cry View Post
I really wish that guy who's been talking about working out to do Dr. Manhattan would post here or something, so we can see/hear about his progress. As far as I know, he's the first to do it.
Wish granted. Things are progressing well so far. From this weekend till Christmas is going to be my biggest weight gain period, then I'll shed the fat I'm sure to gain from New Years till March and reevaluate where I'm at. I may not make it to movie Manhattan levels but I'm confident I can pull off comic Manhattan well in time for Dragon*Con. I found a really nice looking, unfortunately really expensive body paint that should last at least 4 days and supposedly is UV reactive, gonna see if I can't add some stuff to make it glow in the dark as well. (Looked at day glow for awhile but that would be insanely expensive and have to be reapplied every 8 hours) I've started doing monthly progress pictures to track what I'm doing but so far very little change, but like I said, it'll start coming together in the next 2 months.
Personally I love the fact that Rorschachs are popping up left and right, gives me more targets to terrorize, haha.

Side note, I knew you were in Texas, but had no idea you were in Houston too, awesome.
Sooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #74
Same-nin
RED Team FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightstar View Post
What no Comedian? Someone has to be planning the Comedian??
*raises her hand* I am, but it's a different version. ^_^; I'm still keeping it true to his morales by having the mass amounts of weapons and body armor and hopefully to get some kind of cigar thing. The only change will be that he is well... female. Yes, I'm going to cross that line and make the most manly character in Watchmen a woman. *dodges the flaming and rocks*

Next Planned Cosplay(s):
Connor McManus from Boondock Saints (hopefully with Murphy)
Red Medic from TF2(with medigun)
Regal Bernstein from King of Fighters
Hunter from Left 4 Dead 2
Same-nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #75
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

*waves at Same-nin* Hi, it's the Silk Spectre II from the Katsu Watchmen thread! Whoot!

Anyone know where to buy latex? And what is the difficulty scale of working with it? ALSO, bodysuit patterns...anyone know one by chance?

Randomly, i'm doing a research paper on Watchmen. I hope that i also expand that paper into my Senior Thesis. It's EXCITING

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote