Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Geek Fairy

Female Joker costume ideas?

PICTURES SO FAR: http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...airy/FemJoker/

I've been thinking about what I could wear for Halloween this year, and it hit me - female Joker. I'm positively thrilled by the thought, and I've got some ideas. I'm gonna keep the main details the same. Green wig, makeup, purple suit jacket, green vest, etc etc.

Any other ideas, tips, and reference pics you could throw out there would be wonderful. :] The more I get into this costume, the more I lean towards an older, comic book Joker. I will be including orange in my costume as well, something TDK Joker doesn't have.

Update~! My jacket and skirt are both completely finished. I'm going over to JoAnn's to get some orange ribbon for a necktie, as well as (maybe) trim along the bottom of the sleeves and the skirt. My mom has found some cheap TDK Joker socks [here,] but they're not knee high, so I'll probably still paint the ones I have.

My skirt ended up being a pencil skirt, which I like, as it looks like a women's suit. I'll be turning a green tank top into a front-laced corset, rather than a vest, for some flare. I'm getting a forest green short bob wig with bangs that should be really cute. :3 I also bought some adorable women's dress shoes at the thrift store that are PERFECT.

I've gotten ALL my supplies from either Ross, the thrift store, and the dollar store. I doubt I have more than $20 within this entire costume so far, and it's almost finished.

Last edited by Geek Fairy : 09-28-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Geek Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Strider2418

well im assuming you are going female Dark Knight joker right?

if so make sure those tights look a little off in color (id suggest a real ugly washed out green color) probably with some random holes ripped into them or something. since the joker was a little bit mental lol i dont think his female counterpart would have nice looking tights and if not holes atleast dirty. The jokers suit never looked very clean throughout the movie except for the bank scene i guess. other than that i dunno.
Strider2418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
xX.KimoraRyuuXx
What's y o u r damage?

For tights, I'd say try to find some striped ones.
Purple & green stripes would look awesome. o3o
Adult!Skull - Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
Pirate!Prussia - Hetalia
Freyjadour, Richard, Gizel - Suikoden V
Okita Souji - Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan
Dark Mousy - D.N.Angel

Complete:
Rhode - D.Gray-man
Belphegor - Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
xX.KimoraRyuuXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
Geek Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2418 View Post
well im assuming you are going female Dark Knight joker right?

if so make sure those tights look a little off in color (id suggest a real ugly washed out green color) probably with some random holes ripped into them or something. since the joker was a little bit mental lol i dont think his female counterpart would have nice looking tights and if not holes atleast dirty. The jokers suit never looked very clean throughout the movie except for the bank scene i guess. other than that i dunno.
Yes yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. I was absolutely in awe with the Dark Knight's Joker, so that's what I was going for~ Thank you! :3
Unread 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Geek Fairy

Am I allowed to bump here? o_o
Unread 08-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Strider2418

uhh sure... i dunno it helped remind to post these pics for you so i guess it ok :P

i dunno if i like all of this costume but she definately did a pretty good job... although i think it would fit in more with the dark knight if you used an ugly light grenn tights instead of the stripes... i think it makes it look to much like a clown or something from a circus. i understand the joker was sort of like a clown but his costume never made me think to myself "CLOWN!" when i saw him lol ya know what i mean??

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

P.S. if you post a pic of yourself like the third pic can you make sure you are in better shape than this chick please? lol first time i saw it i thought it was a weird dude... lol

EDIT: i do think she did an awesome job on her makeup though...
Unread 08-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
Jonesey
Motivationally challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2418 View Post
uhh sure... i dunno it helped remind to post these pics for you so i guess it ok :P

i dunno if i like all of this costume but she definately did a pretty good job... although i think it would fit in more with the dark knight if you used an ugly light grenn tights instead of the stripes... i think it makes it look to much like a clown or something from a circus. i understand the joker was sort of like a clown but his costume never made me think to myself "CLOWN!" when i saw him lol ya know what i mean??

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

P.S. if you post a pic of yourself like the third pic can you make sure you are in better shape than this chick please? lol first time i saw it i thought it was a weird dude... lol

EDIT: i do think she did an awesome job on her makeup though...
WOW! She looks fantastic!
I'm planning to *possibly* make a Joker outfit for halloween, but will probably go for the manly Joker, so sorry can't help you. ^^ Good luck though!
Frodo (Lord of the Rings)~ London Expo '10

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
TagaSeguchi
King of DBZ Castle

Yes please no stripes in the tights. Although doesnt he wear striped trouser sock? Oh well try not to look to circus-y. Dont forget if you are going for a femme style. Emphasize it!
Triss Merigold from The Witcher
TagaSeguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
Strider2418

he wears like a strange checker patern sock but it isnt a main part of the costume... meaning you hardly every see them.

EDIT: actually if you made a pair of tights that looked like his socks and then had a skirt that was the same color (main color and stripes) as his pants that would probably be pretty cool. and then do the same as him up top or female variations of the same stuff w/ same patterns and colors.

PIC OF HIS SOCKS!!

EDIT AGAIN: ok on second thought im not sure if it would look that great to the average person who doesnt know that what his socks look like... but to anyone who knew thats the pattern on his socks, they would atleast think it looked really cool :P lol

Last edited by Strider2418 : 08-07-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Unread 08-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #10
TagaSeguchi
King of DBZ Castle

Nifty picture thanks Strider for finding that.
I have an idea but I cant explain it I'm going to draw it up and post it here by Sunday for you
Triss Merigold from The Witcher
TagaSeguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #11
Valorman
Killer of pigs!!

You should do Harley Quinn instead. She rocks! She shoulda been in the movie...
Valorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #12
Strider2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagaSeguchi View Post
Nifty picture thanks Strider for finding that.
I have an idea but I cant explain it I'm going to draw it up and post it here by Sunday for you
NP if you need references that have anything to do with the joker just ask me ive saved every single pic that has to do with him that i have found lol

Last edited by Strider2418 : 08-08-2008 at 01:32 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Unread 08-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #13
Geek Fairy

Oh wow. I am dying to find socks like that now. Thanks so much for all the pics!! I'm definitely getting inspired, now.

Valorman - Yeah, I love Harley Quinn, but.. I don't quite have the body for a full unitard. xD And besides, the Joker is my one true love. <3

Strider - You should make a thread posting all those ref pics. :] There are gonna be a ton of Joker cosplayers this year, and I'm sure they'd be helpful.

Last edited by Geek Fairy : 08-08-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #14
Geek Fairy

Damn. o___o I found some Joker socks on eBay that are Buy It Now for $125. No frikkin way.. I'll get some knee high black socks and paint the damn squares on. But do you think that would look tacky?
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
Jonesey
Motivationally challenged

If you're good at sewing/knitting maybe you could make them yourself? =) I've no idea how you make socks, but google will know! (By the way, has anyone come across a Joker knife that isn't real? And for sale? Desperately trying to find one, any help appreciated.)
Frodo (Lord of the Rings)~ London Expo '10

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote