Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 08-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
DemyxisMuffins

Favorite Part of CTCon '08?

What was your favorite part of Connecticon 2008? What was your favorite panel? Show? Main Event? Cosplay group?

If you've got a favorite, post them here!

Personally, my favorite part was seeing all of my old friends in new cosplays. I loved seeing the Corpse Bride! And the new group of Organization XIII. They were awesome. (Trufax.)

I also loved the Lolita Panel. I've never actually gone to a Loli panel, and I swear it was like stepping into a whole different world.

Cosplay Chess was amazing, and I LOVED the Chicken Fight in the Masquerade. (And no, I'm not just saying that because they were my friends. I had no idea what was going to happen until it went on! XD)

Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye - FMA
Yagami Light - Death Note

Temari - Naruto (For the Musical, only gaiz)
Demyx - Kingdom Hearts II
'Twin Girl' - CANDYLAND!!!
DemyxisMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
HurricanePandaBear

I think the big thing that has me raving about this con is just the fact that I was able to get the guts to get on stage and sing during the masquerade. O.O I was dying from nervousness while I was waiting backstage but when it was over, I was like, "...I just did that?"

But I really loved some of the skits in the masquerade, particularly the XXXHolic skit. I thought that was just brilliant. Also, some of the cosplays that I had not expected to see at all. Corpse Bride, The Painted Lady from Avatar. That was awesome. =D

And I got to make a new friend, who was absolutely amazing! And that's a big deal for me, since I have so much trouble talking to people. XD

-Shipwreck Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
-Merlin (BBC Merlin)
-Miyu (Vampire Princess Miyu)
HurricanePandaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
DemyxisMuffins

The XXXHolic skit was fabulous! (Seriously: That was one of my top favs in the Masquerade!)

You sang in the Masq. though? You were the winner of Connecticon Idol, right? You sing wonderfully! ^^

Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye - FMA
Yagami Light - Death Note

Temari - Naruto (For the Musical, only gaiz)
Demyx - Kingdom Hearts II
'Twin Girl' - CANDYLAND!!!
DemyxisMuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Xailyn
In ur blog, takin it over

Heh. I'm listening to the song from the xxxHOLIC skit right now. <3 That was amazing. It's the best skit I've EVER seen.

I didn't go to panels this con, aside from the Gaia one on Friday. This con was mostly to see friends, but it was really great. I did have a lot of fun at the Bleach shoots--especially since I was an original concept, and people liked it.

But seriously, CTCon was amazing. <3

Movie Ticket Prussia(APH)-95%
Austrian Succession Prussia(APH)-40%
Character CD Prussia(APH)-100%
Agni (Kuroshitsuji)-20%
Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim)-80%
Makoto (TWEWY)-75%
East Prussia(APH Fanon)-100%
Luxembourg(APH Fanon)-45%
Panzer Prussia (APH)-95%

orz So much Hetalia!!

"Welcome to the APH fandom. Where we all schlick to countries beating the shit out of each other. Except for those few guys who get to fap."[/size]
Xailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
Zaiten

One of the best moments for me was when I first put on my Aerith costume to debut it and as soon as I walked into the dealer's room I ran into the most awesome Cloud right at the entrance and got it give him a hug. ^_^

After that the outfit felt great to wear and I wasn't so nervous about it anymore.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
Mephistophilis
Orange Lightning

my favorite con memory was being able to reenact a mission from TWEWY.. and get a picture of it!!!

I had so many great memories though.. and I'm making new ones after the con. Seeing how much people enjoyed my cosplay makes me really happy, because they were excited to see it ^^ and that I made someone that happy... well, how can you NOT be happy about that??

I made a lot of friends, met a lot of great people, had TONS of fun, and now at the end of it I can say I have the best ending to a con ever ^^
Mephistophilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #7
DS454

simple thing that made me really happy, was the new people i met and the compliments DMG got for her looks and the costume. Those made my weekend

the other hand a 55 min ride home with tears cause it is hard to find people that like you for being you, not to many people around me or my age for that matter like cosplay or anime.

Anime Boston 2010
Duo Maxwell
Dark Magician
Dark Paladin (yugioh Dark Magician Hybred) w/ Dark Paladin Girl

Connecticon 2010
Duo Maxwell
Dark Paladin (yugioh Dark Magician Hybred) w/ Dark Paladin Girl

AnimeNext 2010
Dark Paladin w/ Dark Paladin Girl
Duo Maxwell
Maybe Dark Magician.
DS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
shadowfox3113
~Naru~

Best part for me was meeting loads of new people. Everyone was so friendly!

And I loved how everyone had signs that said free hugs... it was awsome XD

I loved being in the cosplay chess. People had a really good reaction to my Lavi cosplay XD I EVEN GOT TO DO THE HAMMER DANCE! or w/e its called! but still! it was EPIC!

...now if only I could find someone who recorded it >.>
Unread 08-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Volar
The Gambling Pirate

I'm gonna be completely honest here.

My fave part was when the convention itself was over.

-Volar
Unread 08-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #10
trainer_kelly

My favourite part was being part of the masquerade.

I was the Ash doing a parody to "SexyBack". I'm sure you people who saw it know which one I'm talking about. XD

I was sooo happy that I was asked to be Ash by Ryan and Rachel for the masquerade to call out "Combusken" *coughthechickencough*.

I also loved making new friends there and seeing old friends.
Unread 08-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
Opium_Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xailyn View Post
Heh. I'm listening to the song from the xxxHOLIC skit right now. <3 That was amazing. It's the best skit I've EVER seen.

I didn't go to panels this con, aside from the Gaia one on Friday. This con was mostly to see friends, but it was really great. I did have a lot of fun at the Bleach shoots--especially since I was an original concept, and people liked it.

But seriously, CTCon was amazing. <3
Oh man, that was such a BA song. What was the name of it?

I went to the "Anime you should watch" Panel and that was cool, but my favorite part was Sunday when someone recognized my costume without having to double check. I was walking around with a sign that said "Pet 4 Sale." No one knew who I was since Soul Eater is new and not yet in the US and some guy walked up to me and said "Hey, why is Medusa-sama for sale?" I squealed with fan-girl delight.

I also had a lot of fun at the rave. I love dancing and flashing lights, and the rave Saturday was the perfect combination of both.
+Miyavi::.Jibun Kakumei
+Aoi::.Disorder Tour
Opium_Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #12
Xailyn
In ur blog, takin it over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium_Roses View Post
Oh man, that was such a BA song. What was the name of it?

I went to the "Anime you should watch" Panel and that was cool, but my favorite part was Sunday when someone recognized my costume without having to double check. I was walking around with a sign that said "Pet 4 Sale." No one knew who I was since Soul Eater is new and not yet in the US and some guy walked up to me and said "Hey, why is Medusa-sama for sale?" I squealed with fan-girl delight.

I also had a lot of fun at the rave. I love dancing and flashing lights, and the rave Saturday was the perfect combination of both.
It's called Ramalama (bang bang) by Roison Murphy. It's AMAZING.

I actually just started Soul Eater, and I've heard SO many good things, so if I see you again, I might notice you! 8D

Movie Ticket Prussia(APH)-95%
Austrian Succession Prussia(APH)-40%
Character CD Prussia(APH)-100%
Agni (Kuroshitsuji)-20%
Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim)-80%
Makoto (TWEWY)-75%
East Prussia(APH Fanon)-100%
Luxembourg(APH Fanon)-45%
Panzer Prussia (APH)-95%

orz So much Hetalia!!

"Welcome to the APH fandom. Where we all schlick to countries beating the shit out of each other. Except for those few guys who get to fap."[/size]
Xailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #13
Opium_Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xailyn View Post
It's called Ramalama (bang bang) by Roison Murphy. It's AMAZING.

I actually just started Soul Eater, and I've heard SO many good things, so if I see you again, I might notice you! 8D
<3 It's really good. There were a few other cosplayers there with soul eater costumes. My friend went as Blair, the cat. There were two girls as Maka, and another as Shinigami sama (she was SOOOO cute~!), and i heard rumor of their being someone dressed as death the kid there, but i didn't see him.
+Miyavi::.Jibun Kakumei
+Aoi::.Disorder Tour
Opium_Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #14
Mystic Blossom
Herd u leik pokeymans

My favorite parts:

-Meeting Colin Cunningham in an elevator and being apparently the first person to recognize him as Steve from jPod.
-The masquerade, specifically the xxxHolic skit and the chicken fight. Winning a performance award was an added bonus <3
-Seeing some really super cosplays and making plans for next year.

This is the year of very little cosplay. How sad.

My Livejournal: It's not angsty. I promise.
Mystic Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #15
Rath Illucer
aka Silvered Fox

My favorite parts? Not having a 5 minute walk across the bridge this year XP Extra cost SOOO worth it >w<

(our friend had the amazingly big 11 foot Sano sword, so we sortof needed to be closer this year lmao XP)

The raves (Sat night was the best: I went with the people who were covered in glow bracelets: You might have seen my friend, the Raver Sano ^.~ (She had on bondage pants absolutely COVERED in glow bracelets, (and that was even AFTER we kept slaughtering her supply for ones that had fell off lol) Santa kept pulling her into the circles XP

The utter, and complete highlight of my weekend, was them Playing Hemisphere and Quon's song from RahXephon honestly: My mate and i were the Kamina Ayato, and Mishima Reika, and honestly thought no one would recognize us (or that a very few people would give us a double glance and maybe remember seeing us from an amv, like Euphoria or something) but someone actually recognized me when i wasn't near my Mishima Reika XP I was sooo excited and jumping up and down stupidly for a while to all my friends because of that lol) But the raaave. They actually remixed it for the rave >w< My Mishima Reika (formerly my Soubi) isn't sure if maybe, someone actually recognized us, and asked? Since Quon's theme isn't... exactly... rave music? lol

And of course, the Main events - the Musical (which we've been loyally going to since it began it's existence - <3 those particular Jesse and James and glad they got more roles for this year ^^)

the amv's... weren't as epic as they could have been, though there were some excellent ones mixed in there (if anyone finds the Sailor Saturn one PLEASE drop me a line, i'd love to see it again)

and of course the masquerade o.o The XXXholic one was so good i couldn't even feel bad cheering for them over my friends XP (who also were almost glad to lose to such an amazing skit - they did the Hellsing/Sweeny Todd parody - SO many -amazing- skits this year! I wish they'd won, but we can all try again next time, and stare in awe once again of the winning skit XP)

Ah - and ever and always, the after-con Duck-Duck-Goose game ^^ Which i only did three rounds in a row, since i friend tagged me, and i couldn't run in the shoes i was in well - if i was in my Ritsuka costume i would've been diving ^.~ But i couldn't in my Ayato - Spent too long on it to chance grass stains on white XP (Ritsuka cosplay = black, and needs redoing so it's perfect for fun like Duck-Duck-Goose ^^) After i couldn't tag anyone i grabbed a friend who was cosplaying Ash, and was like "Ash: I choose you" and ran away and gave him a minute to register what i said XP He was nice though and took my place out of the game lol

Elevator Tetris was interesting in my hotel ^^;;;;; We got stuck on one trip with one of the hostesses for the Cosplay Chess match (the Succubus) who kept sideswiping a friend with her wings by accident XP We didn't mind, and it was an epic elevator ride, but... >w< We kept feeling bad everytime hopeful people looked into the elevator and were like - If only there was room! And we're like: We're sorry >< We can barely fit in here as it is: I got to get REALLY close to some of my friends on those trips XP I'm glad they love me XP

So there were so many amazing moments this con ^^ And the best thing was that i FINALLY got my mother to it ^.^ I've been trying to get her there for -3- YEARS. But she finally made it XP And she raved XP And it was amazing.

I look forward to next year - so look for me there ^.~ I WILL Be Sora, if i have to slaughter a wig myself *determined* and paper mache a keyblade o.o (been wanting to do that one cosplay for TOO MANY YEARS) SO i'll be keeping a display of my progress finally in my sig i think.

^^ Sorry for the long post ^w^ It's like.... 3 in the morning.... hey - seems to be the only time i come on here lol XP

Take care all ^.^
  • Sora KH2 - Chillin' on the Beach version 100%
-in progress-
  • Full KH2 Sora - 30%
  • v2 Ritsuka - 70%
  • Upgrading Tsunayoshi... whenever the mail gets here ^^

Planned Conventions
  • Anime Boston 2010
  • Connecticon 2010

Last edited by Rath Illucer : 08-05-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Rath Illucer is offline   Reply With Quote