Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Zemen1

Question Death Note (Mikami Teru Cosplay help)

I need some help. I'm going to be cosplaying as Mikami Teru from Death Note. I have the wig, but I have no idea how to get a cheap suit.

I looked at wal-mart. $50 for the jacket! >.<

I also need help with glasses. I have 20/20 vision, but Mikami doesnt. So I need glasses with clear lenses. I looked at claires, but the only glasses they had were too big for Mikami. >.>

Any help is appreciated, thanks. ^.^

Unread 08-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
navigated
Derp.

Look at thrift stores, Goodwill, those are your best bet. You might not be able to find an entire black suit, but if you find a jacket, finding black dress pants isn't hard at all.

As for glasses, you can always get the frames you want and pop out lenses. OR if you'd rather keep the lenses in, you can do what I do, and just keep the glasses a bit farther down your nose and look OVER them while you're walking around the con, and just push them back up if someone asks for a picture (or you can take them off entirely and put them on for pictures and what not). As for finding them, you'll have to just keep your eyes open, I have glasses like his, I got them at Clarie's a long time ago because I needed reading glasses but I didn't like the frames availble. So they probably come and go, based on what's trendy at the time. So just keep looking. Hot Topic sometimes has fashion glasses, check there too.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Zemen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigated View Post
Look at thrift stores, Goodwill, those are your best bet. You might not be able to find an entire black suit, but if you find a jacket, finding black dress pants isn't hard at all.

As for glasses, you can always get the frames you want and pop out lenses. OR if you'd rather keep the lenses in, you can do what I do, and just keep the glasses a bit farther down your nose and look OVER them while you're walking around the con, and just push them back up if someone asks for a picture (or you can take them off entirely and put them on for pictures and what not). As for finding them, you'll have to just keep your eyes open, I have glasses like his, I got them at Clarie's a long time ago because I needed reading glasses but I didn't like the frames availble. So they probably come and go, based on what's trendy at the time. So just keep looking. Hot Topic sometimes has fashion glasses, check there too.

Ok, thanks! ^^
Unread 08-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Lady Saya
Smile?

Reading glasses should work fine. You can also find them for $10 at drug stores. :3 Just remember to get the lowest power they carry.

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
RyunoOhi
Old-school anime fangirl

Wig?

If I may ask, where did you get your wig, & how much did you pay for it?

I've got a Mikami cosplay myself, & I have everything but a proper wig.

I'm near-sighted, & I recently got new glasses, specifically a pair to look like Mikami's. I've also got my own business suits that are perfectly fitted, & I made my death note already. Only thing left is his perfect hair.

蟻が恐竜に勝てると思ったのか? - フリーザ様

Who is John Galt?

Please visit my DeviantArt at: http://ryunoohi.deviantart.com/

RyunoOhi is offline   Reply With Quote