Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 12-23-2014, 02:25 AM   #1
44r0n0wnz

Buying women's shoes (loafers)

Hello. I'm crossplaying as a lolita with some friends of mine for a convention, and I'm having a hard time finding shoes that fit. I'm a size 12 (US), and my feet are wide. I've been looking online for women's shoes, but they don't make any in any sizes I need, and if they do they aren't in the lolita style I want. I'm basically looking for black loafers (since I want comfort while walking around for hours), preferably with a buckle or something that isn't completely plain, but the only alternative I can think of is buying male loafers. The only problem with this is that the shoes are a bit thicker and they aren't flat like you'd find with women's loafers. Any thoughts as to what I can do to find loafers that'll work for me at a preferably relatively low price?
44r0n0wnz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-23-2014, 02:36 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

For lolita you don't want Loafers. Loafers are school and work shoes. YDo you have a pic of the style you want (so we can properly identify them if they aren't Loafers)
You more than likely will want to have tea party shoes. They are the typical ones you see on other Lolitas.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about loafers though, but if you get tea party shoes you can get support stuff. I have heal and toe gel thingies, and they don't hurt me at all to walk in. The heel LOOKS big, but with how the front is platformed, they really aren't that big at all.

However, for price, you'll be kinda screwed..You ned to buy online, and it's annoyingly pricy..Lowest for me was mylolitadress.com or something like that, and they were like 40 something bucks including shipping..

If you are not going to change from buying loafers, you can find them at payless. I've seen them in high sizes..Mine (for my Stocking Anarchy cosplay) are 12 and I saw 13s at another one in the same style. I normally wear 11 mens so if 12 womens fits me, 13 should fit you fine (unless you mean that you wear female 12, then yea, get that haha)..But yea, they just don't really go with Lolita is the thing..But no one's forcing you so..lol
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2014, 02:56 AM   #3
44r0n0wnz

Thank you for the website you gave me. I would prefer something like what you suggested, but I don't want to spend so much as I am already paying quite a bit for the dress and wig. It'll depend on what I decide in the end though. I'll definitely give this information to my buddies so they can decide what they want to do

Edit: The main reason I did opt for loafers though is because I want my feet to be comfortable while walking around, and I prefer not having to wear heels because I've never walked in them.

Last edited by 44r0n0wnz : 12-23-2014 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to include detail.
44r0n0wnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44r0n0wnz View Post
Thank you for the website you gave me. I would prefer something like what you suggested, but I don't want to spend so much as I am already paying quite a bit for the dress and wig. It'll depend on what I decide in the end though. I'll definitely give this information to my buddies so they can decide what they want to do

Edit: The main reason I did opt for loafers though is because I want my feet to be comfortable while walking around, and I prefer not having to wear heels because I've never walked in them.
Well the good thing is you are in luck with the walking in heels thing..It's hard to understand what I was saying, but when you look at those shoe types I mentioned, you will notice the heel looks quite tall..If you get the right ones, you barely have a 1'in neel at all. The platform on the front of the shoe make the heel part not as tall as they look..If you get a 3in heel and the front platform is 1.5in tall, then you're heel is only 1.5in and not actually 3..Understand? So I have 2 pairs with 2 inch hels, but the platforms are 1inch, making the heel 2inches and not 3. It's confusing until you look at them in person..So walkint in 3in heels SUCKS, but when you get ones with that 1.5 inch front platform you aren't actually walking in that tall of a heel. And men's and women's loafers normally have a 1 - 1.5 inch heel anyway, so it'll be about the same on your feet regardless. And like I said, I use toe and heel gels, but you can totally just get any insoles you want to solve that problem..
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 12-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
LaserBrain
Design Studio

Jei-Cos... You wear Women's shoes?!

Now I understand why you got all dramatic with me.
LaserBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserBrain View Post
Jei-Cos... You wear Women's shoes?!

Now I understand why you got all dramatic with me.
Te hell is that suppose to mean? What I wear has nothing to do with that. That was about somethig you said. See, it's shit like this that made me mad. You are talking down to others. What gives you the right to come in here and start more shit? This is why you need to leave.

I seriously want to know how what I wear has anything to do with what happened in that thread..
Are you insinuating that because I happen to wear women's shoes in Cosplay, that I must be a horrible person? Because I have to tell you, nothing you can say will make any bit of sense. The only reason I can see you having is that you just wanna talk down to me. Which is exactly what you were doing to Penelope in te other thread. By the way, this is only proving my point. So thanks.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 12-31-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
LaserBrain
Design Studio

It means... You wear women's shoes. ��

You being a horrible person has nothing to do with gender bending. I work with gay people all the time and guess what? They're not intimidated by my experience like you obviously are.

So relax man.. I accept you.
Unread 12-31-2014, 02:48 PM   #8
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
It means... You wear women's shoes. ��

You being a horrible person has nothing to do with gender bending. I work with gay people all the time and guess what? They're not intimidated by my experience like you obviously are.

So relax man.. I accept you.
That doesn't make sense. You said "now I understand why you got all dramatic with me" you are saying that because I wear women's shoes, that is why I got dramatic. Don't sit there and lie to me. I'm not stupid. You are implying that something about wearing women's shoes is what made me get dramatic. What did you mean? You're the one that brought it up. What does wearing women's shoes have to do with me beig dramatic? And what's that last part about experience (Rhetorical question)? Do you see how you wrote that? You are implying that because you have done one thing longer than I have that I am below you. You are saying you are better than me when you have never met me. You know nothing about me yet somehow you are so well above me in status that nothing I say matters and your word is better than mine. This is the shit I'm talking about. Stop acting like you are all knowing and the best. You are not. You are pathetic and insulting and you need to go away.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 12-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #9
LaserBrain
Design Studio

...And now you know how I felt when you made such horrible assumptions about MY character.

Honestly dude... I wish you the best don't take yourself so seriously... You'll live longer. Trust me, I know.
Unread 12-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #10
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
...And now you know how I felt when you made such horrible assumptions about MY character.

Honestly dude... I wish you the best don't take yourself so seriously... You'll live longer. Trust me, I know.
No..That's not even the same thing..I didn't make assumptions about you..I looked at the way you talked to others and used fact. It's not an assumption if you are literally doing it..That makes it fact..You are using your number of years of doing something to tell people you are better than them..It's not assumption, it's fact..You ALREADY did that. You told penlowe your method is better than theirs because of your years. That is not the klind of person we want here..I'm not sitting here acting like I'm better than you at it, because I'm not, I go off what I know..Maybe I know cardboard methods better than you..You have no idea..From the start you began with the assumption that everyone else on here needed your experience and your advice only. This is also fact because you've already shown us this. By talking about how much better or more experienced you are than everyone else, you are already showing us you belive we are beneath you inb skill. All I'm asking is that you stop doing that. There ARE more experienced people on here than you, get over it. Your methods may not always be the best option, get over that too. It's ok to not be the best. I'm not, no one on here is. So stop acting like YOU are.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 12-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
LaserBrain
Design Studio

YAaaWWWWn Dude, you bore me.
Unread 01-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #12
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

Just cause I want to give you some lovely info~
Payless will have random shoes for Lolita time to time~ my fav are shoes that are kinda 1950ish but they fit really well with the dresses~ in terms of walking in heels, always start with a thick heel. Skinny heels are badddddddddddddddd especially for first time walkers~
Since your poor gorgeous thread got commented on by someone who wanted to bring drama from another thread and by someone who just tried to stick up for himself after being bashed for no apparent reason (jei I'm sorry you had to deal w this)(you go glen coco!) feel free to PM me for help~ I may be female but I trained a lot of guys to walk in heels cause of theater~
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #13
spandexzentai

I wear womens shoes for cosplay and I get them at payless add lycra and tada boots. If you want some advice in walking in heels you can PM me.Just ignore the drama, its all over my other thread too.
spandexzentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #14
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
Just cause I want to give you some lovely info~
Payless will have random shoes for Lolita time to time~ my fav are shoes that are kinda 1950ish but they fit really well with the dresses~ in terms of walking in heels, always start with a thick heel. Skinny heels are badddddddddddddddd especially for first time walkers~
Since your poor gorgeous thread got commented on by someone who wanted to bring drama from another thread and by someone who just tried to stick up for himself after being bashed for no apparent reason (jei I'm sorry you had to deal w this)(you go glen coco!) feel free to PM me for help~ I may be female but I trained a lot of guys to walk in heels cause of theater~
OMG YES..Take it from someone who's first time in heels was thinner heels..3Inch or so..Well not counting my Lolita shoes, but they have platforms like I said so they aren't really that high..Anyway, so I had to walk a block and a half to the con from one hotel (con was in 2 hotels and I was in one of them but badge pickup was in the other) and I literally couldn't move my legs without pain the rest of the night..

Also, about being bashed, don't worry, I'm used to it on this site..It's quite normal to get people like him on here..
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 01-01-2015 at 11:39 PM.