Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 12-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
gman14608

Lightbulb Hi all!!! =^-^=

Hey Everyone! My names Ryan and im new to this site, and to crossplay. An by new i mean completely new. I was wondering if any of you could give me beginning advice for crossplay? For my next cosplay I'm going to be Lissandra Day 1 and Ashe Day 2 from League of Legends. And honestly, even though i know i can make the outfits, idk anything about making myself look more feminine. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: I'm 20, 6 feet tall, have a bit of a gut to me. If you need more information to help me, let me know!

Last edited by gman14608 : 12-10-2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: more info
gman14608 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Pretty much the only advice we can give you in terms of general crossplay advice, you can easily find on this forum by yourself. I'm not gonna sit here and look through everything and link you to specific parts, and I doubt anyone else will either, so just take a little time and look through the sticky threads on this same forum. Obviously not the binding and other female to male threads, but yea. Everything is already right here in this forum.

Now as far as the other part of this, the actual character part, have you EVER made anything clothing whise? If not LoL will be very hard for you. I don't know these specific versions either..I never knew there was a "day 1" of anything..I thought they had names to their skins..Idk..I don't play..lol
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
gman14608

By days I meant two days of the cosplay. I've done a few cosplay from scratch. But appearing like a female is the hard part. It's a challenge I would like to accept. But Idk how to make myself look more feminine
gman14608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Ah ok that makes more sense now haha
And like i said, just look around this forum, there are answers to all general advice questions already here for you to find.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Emmejo

As far as trying to make yourself look more feminine, my suggestion would be to poke around this forum, give it your best go with what you have on hand, and show us a few pictures. Once we have a starting place to work from, it will be a lot easier to help guide you to the areas you are having trouble with, whether that's girly posing or faking hips. It's a lot easier (IMO) to give feedback than list a whole dictionary of things that might help and that you might already know.
Emmejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
thelonelycloud

As for looking more feminine, with lissandra you're in luck. Her body/costume is very angular so its much easier to create than the smooth curves of most female characters (like Ashe.)
thelonelycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2014, 11:49 PM   #7
thelonelycloud

I have very little personal experience, but I have quite a bit of research done so if you want to ask anything feel free to send me a private message.
thelonelycloud is offline   Reply With Quote