Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 236 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 10-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #1531
shattered_song
Shattered_Song

for me, sports tape definitely got me my achieved look.(open chest) strangely, it didnt hurt at all...(unless you count pulling it off!!!)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...g?t=1193356460

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...g?t=1193356517
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...g?t=1193356582
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...g?t=1193356607

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PalacePersu...ef=seller_info
shattered_song is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #1532
jules_yzak_duel

Okay for that Tawainese website. Is it safe to buy from them. This process is making me uneasy. Do I have to change the price to my converted amount in american. Or is there a another breast binder website that uses pay pal?
jules_yzak_duel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #1533
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

I ordered from T-kingdom and did not have any problems. You DO have to make an account with their credit card escrow site (the Taiwanese equivalent of PayPal), but apart from that it's pretty smooth. All of the conversions are done for you, and the transaction is effected in Taiwanese currency.

(It helps to have a general knowledge of kanji, though, in case you have to change your password or anything. The credit card site is not fully translated.) ^_^

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #1534
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
There is a product called "Breast Petals" that is a soft adhesive piece that fits over the nipples to keep them from showing through thin clothing... you might try those. You can get them at most department stores, and some fabric stores.
This worked perfectly for me! I tried putting those on before doing the open-shirt binding for my GioGio costume at Yaoicon last weekend, and it worked miracles. It was the first time I've ever worn that costume without getting a single blister, and I didn't even scream when taking it off! (Normally taking the binding off for that is so bad that my friends loaned me their hotel room to take it off in, since some of the people in my room were sleeping and we didn't want to wake them up with screeches of pain.) Another thing my friend did that helped was to first bind as tight as we could and get it 100% flat, and then cut the tape along my spine. Then we arranged it to where it was as flat as possible while still allowing me to breathe easily, and put tape to repair the back cut. So much nicer!
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #1535
D001
D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery View Post
This worked perfectly for me! I tried putting those on before doing the open-shirt binding for my GioGio costume at Yaoicon last weekend, and it worked miracles. It was the first time I've ever worn that costume without getting a single blister, and I didn't even scream when taking it off! (Normally taking the binding off for that is so bad that my friends loaned me their hotel room to take it off in, since some of the people in my room were sleeping and we didn't want to wake them up with screeches of pain.) Another thing my friend did that helped was to first bind as tight as we could and get it 100% flat, and then cut the tape along my spine. Then we arranged it to where it was as flat as possible while still allowing me to breathe easily, and put tape to repair the back cut. So much nicer!
Ooh!! Good idea for the back area. I might try that next time I bind for a full day (though I don't know if I'll have anyone I am comfy enough with for that...). What kind of tape did you use? I got blisters last time, so I'm curious. All of my blisters were up front.
D001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #1536
Ara-chan
the dangerous pimp

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the compression shirts that can be bought for binding.
I'm about a 40" chest (almost DD cup) and I need some advice on the sizing. Should I go a size smaller than what the chart says to really push them down or would that be too tight? I don't know how much give there is to the shirts.

Thanks
A Super Secret Cosplay
Ara-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #1537
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ara-chan View Post
I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the compression shirts that can be bought for binding.
I'm about a 40" chest (almost DD cup) and I need some advice on the sizing. Should I go a size smaller than what the chart says to really push them down or would that be too tight? I don't know how much give there is to the shirts.

Thanks
Which style shirt are you looking at, and from which site/store?

I found that my T-kingdom binder was a little larger than I had expected; I followed the sizing instructions on the site, and wound up having a *lot* of excess fabric (I actually had to take some of it in so the binder would fit smoothly under my costume.)

"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #1538
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

I'm planning many crossplays in the future, and this thread has been SUPER helpful! ^^ Thank you all!

What I've learned through my own experience is: don't try to use the self-adhesive elastic sports tape for the open-shirt method: when they say self-adhesive they really mean it! It does not stick to skin at all. I also tried using a children's leotard, but it did virtually nothing so don't try it, it was a waste of money!

Last edited by Luther : 02-04-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #1539
FullMetal Tora
Chocolate Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery View Post
Thank you so much for the tips. And your open-chest binding is really amazing, so I'll definitely trust you! ^__~
Just so I can get an idea, since you can get so flat, what size are you?

Next appearance:ALA 2010
~Deviant Art~

If you can't differentiate between "you're" and "your," you deserve to die. The Apostrophe Protection Society Yes. I am a Grammar Nazi.
FullMetal Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #1540
LGS

I'm 5'4, and my chest is 34 D. I'm planning to order a binder from T-Kingdom on the recommendation of an amazingly helpful woman in Saiyuki crossplay from Youmacon (loved the cosplay panel, thank you for your advice!)

Will the Large be a good size for me?
LGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #1541
Lothlin

I haven't put in my two cents before- thought I would now ^^.

I've been using one of the waist cinchers that can be found at walmart. It's fairly comfortable, I can put it on myself, and it manages to bind me fairly flat. Not as flat as I could get, I think, if only because the cincher has a little width to it itsself, so it unfortunately adds a little. It works for cosplay that isn't skin tight though- I'll just have to break down and buy a compression shirt or use ace bandages when I do something that requires something less bulky.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1315258 <--fairly good side shot. To note, I'm about a B cup, unbound.
Lothlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:01 AM   #1542
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGS View Post
I'm 5'4, and my chest is 34 D. I'm planning to order a binder from T-Kingdom on the recommendation of an amazingly helpful woman in Saiyuki crossplay from Youmacon (loved the cosplay panel, thank you for your advice!)

Will the Large be a good size for me?
Thanks! I'm glad you liked the panel.

You can double-check the T-Kingdom size chart, but I would think a Large would be fine. I'm a 36C, and I can tighten my Large all the way down without discomfort. In fact, I suspect I could have gotten by with a Medium.

If you get one of the models that fastens on the side with Velcro, you'll have plenty of room to adjust the size. The Velcro section itself is 5" or 6" wide, so you can make the binder as snug or as roomy as you want for a particular costume.

Unread 11-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #1543
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetal Tora View Post
Thank you so much for the tips. And your open-chest binding is really amazing, so I'll definitely trust you! ^__~
Just so I can get an idea, since you can get so flat, what size are you?
I'm a 32 C/D. However, keep in mind that i have a very small underbust measurement, so the same cup size and different band size tends to give different results. I also tailor all of my crossplay outfits to compensate for the fact that I can't go fully flat, occasionally use makeup tricks to minimize my visible chest skin, and only post the good pictures where "the girls" aren't very visible. ^^;

Also, I used cheapass Target sports tape. It worked better than some of the more expensive stuff, so I'll definitely use that again!
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #1544
FullMetal Tora
Chocolate Enthusiast

Hehe, all very clever methods indeed (i usually only post my best pics too. ^^; I think most of us do that) and I also try to tailor my costumes to the best of my advantage, but of course sometimes those annoying curves are still visible. >.>
What kind of "make-up tricks" do you use? I use foundation or skin-colored base make-up (as in, stage make-up) but do you use anything special?

As for the Target tape, I use cheap Wal-Mart tape and I'm a 34-36 C, so we're about on the same page in those respects. ^^

Next appearance:ALA 2010
~Deviant Art~

If you can't differentiate between "you're" and "your," you deserve to die. The Apostrophe Protection Society Yes. I am a Grammar Nazi.
FullMetal Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #1545
MoonLover
Drawing Machine

This reminds me, I gotta get some breast petals >_< since I'm doing a Timeskip Sasuke crossplay

*saves all the info on open-shirt binding into favourites*
MoonLover is offline   Reply With Quote