Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 305 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 11-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #1561
Hideyo
Always Confused Cosplayer

Okay, haven't really really read through the entire thread, but I need some help really quick!

Alright, I'm doing Ritsuka from loveless *giggles* And I want an FLAT cheast. Thank god I don't have much of a chest to start with XD And I need to get something so my parents don't FLIP out. I'm only 13. Heheh.

Anyway, I need something that I can do simply, and I can remain more free. *is hoping to be in cosplay chess* And Tape is NOT an option. You crazy! I use the sports tape on my toes for Pointe. No way am I using that on my chest XD. So something you can pick up in a store would be awesome. I'm thinking the ACE bandage, any suggestions? (Ritsuka is a 13 year old boy,by the way)

Danke!
~Hideyo

Unread 11-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #1562
Katerfreak
Cupcake lover

Well, when I cross-played Momiji from Furuba, I used ACE bandaging and it worked very well. I didn't have much to start with, 34B, and it totally looked like a middle school boy's torso.
Katerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #1563
Hideyo
Always Confused Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerfreak View Post
Well, when I cross-played Momiji from Furuba, I used ACE bandaging and it worked very well. I didn't have much to start with, 34B, and it totally looked like a middle school boy's torso.
*nods* I think tha't sgunna work the best, especially since I'm probably A LOT smaller then you are *giggles*
Unread 11-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #1564
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideyo View Post
*nods* I think tha't sgunna work the best, especially since I'm probably A LOT smaller then you are *giggles*
If you're "a lot smaller" than 34B, do you really need to bind? You might be able to get by with a tight-fitting Lycra tank top or sports bra.

If you do want to use ACE bandages, make sure you get the widest ones possible, and inhale deeply as you wrap to make sure you have plenty of breathing room. If it hurts or restricts your breathing, you're wrapping too tight.

Good luck!

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #1565
DustOnMYWings
Darkness of the heartless

Ok, I have a question! I'm one of those larger chest people (Why me?) and I'm doing L from Death note, I need to make my chest as small as possible, and I have almost no money left to work with, something cheap that will work on larger chests and can be found in a normal store (I live where it's hard to find good stores) anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
I will not do yaoi to get people to take my picture, sorry but no.
And I will not glomp the cutie in the cat boy costume... No... wait, strike that, too late!

~Up Coming Cons~

ASC~Cosplay:????
DustOnMYWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #1566
xerious
axellent

So, I tried the open-shirt (or bindless) binding today with sports tape. I ran into a few problems.

First of all, is it possible to bind all the way around your back by yourself, or do you need to get help for that? I know I can't reach all the way around my back and pull the tape around without it getting tangled or stuck to itself. Does it even need to go all the way around your back.

Second, the tape I used didn't stick very well to my skin, and I tried two different brands. Are there any particular brands that work very well?

Aaand third. I ended up using a LOT of tape. Does it generally take a lot?
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #1567
JJYSuna

Hello all. I'm a noob and this is my first post ever. So if I breach any rules and traditions please bop me and let me know. ^^;
I will be crossplaying and now that I just learned about the open-shirt/bindless binding, I would love to do that!

But where is the tape sticking? I can't picture it. Is that tape sticky? sticky enough to go vertically around the body like a vest?

can anyone kindly help?
JJYSuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #1568
zipperhead535
The Norwegian Cosplayer

I tried the ACE bandages and it did nothing! I dont want to spend money on a back brace or one of those compression shirts and not have it work! Also I have a relatively small chest so I dont understand whats going on.

zipperhead535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #1569
xKeiri
oh no

@ Everyone flipping out over ace bandages -
Those aren't recommended from me. A - If you're like me, and you just can't get them high enough on your back, then they'll fall down. And I have a large chest, so I have to wrap them pretty tight. So when they fall down, they're just strangling me.
Not to mention I have to use damn safety pins to keep them together. >_>;
They DO work, as long as you have them high up on your back so they don't slip down. But for me, I can't do that without someone's help. And that's juuust a little embarrassing. Yea.

By the way, has anyone bought Underworks compression shirts? How well do those work? I'm crossplaying Axel and i'm pretty sure everyone who's played KH2 knows how tight those Org outfits are.

Nine & Twelve, Zankyou no Terror -- 80% COMPLETE
Usagimodoki & Noiz, DRAMAtical Murder -- 50% COMPLETE
Mizuki & Sly Blue, DRAMAtical Murder -- 95% COMPLETE
Trip & Virus, DRAMAtical Murder -- 95% COMPLETE

[ Looking for photographers for Katsucon! ]
xKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #1570
Mithrigil
Purveyor of yuetsu

I thought I was a 34C. After three incidents with the open-front sportstape method this summer pulling and leaving scars, I decided to investigate.

Turns out I'm a 34-D, perhaps a DD. This should explain a lot of the pulling.

I offer the advice that anyone planning to bind should first go to Victoria's Secret and ascertain her measurements before considering what methods will work.
Mithrigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #1571
Yume Nezumi
Duo cosplayer since 2005

For everyone wondering if the Underworks compression shirts work:

I'm a 36DD and these are my results:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=865097 This was taken when I first got it. I've since learned how to adjust myself to get a little flatter.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/884/duoyf4.jpg This was without, at Metrocon 2006
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/8471/duoug8.jpg This was with, at Janicon 2007
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:38 AM   #1572
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJYSuna View Post
Hello all. I'm a noob and this is my first post ever. So if I breach any rules and traditions please bop me and let me know. ^^;
I will be crossplaying and now that I just learned about the open-shirt/bindless binding, I would love to do that!

But where is the tape sticking? I can't picture it. Is that tape sticky? sticky enough to go vertically around the body like a vest?

can anyone kindly help?
Hi, and welcome!

Rather than fitting around the body vertically like a vest, the tape wraps horizontally around the back and shoulder blades (like a tube top, only with a gap in front). The tape should lift the breasts up and out, so it flattens the soft tissue out in the direction of the armpits. When viewed from the front, the only place you would see tape is directly over the breasts, which are pulled out to the sides, leaving the center of the chest open.

When I taped, I used lower-adhesive medical tape on the more delicate areas (you can also use Breast Petals or other nipple-covering products if you have sensitive skin), and then wrapped adhesive sports tape around the back. Sports tape seems to be the best variety, as it's heavy-duty and made to be used directly on skin. (DO NOT use commercial tapes like duct tape!)

If you're planning on taping, be sure to read ALL the warnings and advice here first! Imperfect taping can cause blisters, sores or scarring, so be very careful and do a couple of test runs well before the con/event to make sure you won't have any problems with binding.

Good luck!

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #1573
JJYSuna

Ah! Thanks oodles AVAAntares!
I have a better idea of how it goes now!
Does sports tape really stick that well? I think I'll go buy a roll and check it out. I shall certainly avoid duct tape since I can't imagine even scotch tape over nipples a happy ending. xD

eh... can i ask one more question to confirm my interpretation of your suggested method?
so there is no tape going over the shoulders? I picture then the tape over an area the shape of a bandeau without the front part just between the boobs. is that the right picture?

bunches of thanks again.
^_^x
JJYSuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #1574
WingedK9
temporarily sane

just joined, and my friends want me to cosplay as Grimmjaw from Bleach, who is definitly a guy, and besides being ripped, wears a shirt which open all the way, does the bandageing work that well?
WingedK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #1575
Curucar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJYSuna View Post
Ah! Thanks oodles AVAAntares!
I have a better idea of how it goes now!
Does sports tape really stick that well? I think I'll go buy a roll and check it out. I shall certainly avoid duct tape since I can't imagine even scotch tape over nipples a happy ending. xD

eh... can i ask one more question to confirm my interpretation of your suggested method?
so there is no tape going over the shoulders? I picture then the tape over an area the shape of a bandeau without the front part just between the boobs. is that the right picture?

bunches of thanks again.
^_^x
I've done open-chest binding with tape over the shoulders- it does bring the boobs up for a more uniform flat, so if you're wearing something super-tight spend the extra time with the shoulder tape.

This is without the extra tape over the shoulder and loosely done to the sides (like the ACE method, if you tape too tight you can't breath. Or move your upper torso. I wanted to do both :P). But besides that *one* angle I was flat.