Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 282 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 12-15-2007, 02:18 AM   #1591
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedK9 View Post
im doing the binding that doesnt go across the chest so i can do the open shirt jacket, but im gunna spirit glue it doen the edges of the tape so the tape doesnt appear, if that dosent work we are just going to say Grimmjow got hurt.
If you're worried about the tape showing, get some foundation that matches your skin and cover the top layer of tape with makeup. Then, even if the shirt gaps a little, the tape won't be as obvious.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #1592
emo_avenger
walkin the path less gone

dose anyone know if the methods r going to work on a 34b? plus i have asthma and im scared of restricting my air flow. plz help me!

conventions: FANIME!!!!!!
emo_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 01:18 AM   #1593
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Any of these methods will absolutely work on a 34B. (Frankly, if the DDDs here can get flat, I don't think a B will have any problem.) ^_^

If you're worried about breathing, don't use ACE bandages, as they can restrict rib movement. Of all the methods I've tried, I find that my compression shirt allows the most flexing and breathing room, so you might look at the Underworks or T-Kingdom products. You could also try the open-chest sports tape method, but after you're done taping, have someone cut a vertical slit in the tape in the back so you have more room to breathe.

Whatever method you use, test it once or twice at home before the con so you can see what the effects are.

"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #1594
emo_avenger

wow. thanks. cuz i was kinda scared. i used to be able to use ace bandages and it got my chest extreamly flat. and i was really happy with the results. but i tried it this year and frankly.....my chest got wayyyy bigger! kind of pisses me offf......if only i could be a 32a or somthing.......im accualy thinking of ordering my compression shirt tonight. if any one has pics with a compression shirt on. i would love to see it.

Unread 12-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #1595
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo_avenger View Post
if any one has pics with a compression shirt on. i would love to see it.
http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.p...postcount=1456

...and there are lots of others. Just flip back through a few pages on this thread.

Unread 12-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #1596
WingedK9
temporarily sane

thanks to everyone for the help
WingedK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #1597
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

I've been reading this forum...as far as I can stand to read out of 100 pages. lol Would any of these techniques work adequately with huge boobs? lol Cause I've tried things myself but I can only get my boobs so flat. I hate having big boobs. If I had the money I'd just get rid of them. And yes, sorry if I don't pay attention or easily overlook things. I have a bad attention span. lol I'm planning to dress as Shuichi this year. And these stupid big things on my chest suck. >_< Plus I was bored so I figured I'd ask any one that has a big chest and has found a good way to make it flat or flat enough that looks realistic.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #1598
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Almost all of the methods posted here will work, to some extent, on any size chest. The largest reports have dealt with DDD and E cups. If you're larger than that, I can't suggest anything new. ^_^ Skim back about 10 pages or so; I think there were some good suggestions for D+ sizes running back there.

I'm only a 36C, but I find that the easiest and most comfortable binding method is a compression shirt (look two posts above for photos and review). If you want something cheaper, try a lumbar support belt or a waist slimmer, which are available at drug and department stores, respectively.

Unread 12-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #1599
SpiffyNerd
Dochi-ga?

[preppygirlvoice] Like, OMIGAWD AVAANTARES!!! WE'RE, LIKE, TOTALLY THE SAME CUP SIZE!!!! [/preppygirlvoice]

I don't really want to shell out the money for a binder (I will if I have to), so right now I'm thinking of trying a back brace. Have you ever used one?
SpiffyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #1600
emo_avenger

well today at school i tried the ace bandeges and sports bra method.......it worked but......it did start to restrict my air flow.....but i kinda got used to it. it turned out okay....alot of people thought i was a guy. my friiend was walking behind me and said i totaly look like a dude! i started to helluah crack up. i think im going to try out that compression shirt soon. and i have tried many methods...the sports tape isnt a good idea to me tho. cuz with the sports tape, tho it is made for skin, its made for the tougher skin around your ankles and rists and NOT for the skin around your chest. i tried it and got a good amount of scars from skin loss, enough to never try it again nor try duct tape.

Unread 12-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #1601
Kawaii Pocky

O.o Well...it should work cause I'm only DD. >_> I'll never try duct tape on bare skin again, that was painful and I wasn't thinking. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #1602
Kawaii Pocky

If I had small boobs this would be easier. >_< I think I'll have to try the sports bra and ace bandages thing because the Shuichi outfit I'm going to wear, he wears a belly shirt/half shirt thing. So that weird Tshirt thingy wouldn't work.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #1603
emo_avenger

well. just try not to wrap it tooo tight or be ready to suffocate. aha. and with the sports bra...i got one like a c cup size so yea. get one your size cup. it should push it down without suffocation. and when wraping the bandages use some medical tape to hold your breasts to the side so you dont get the uni boob. its not cool. keep the banage under the sports bra. the sports bra willl keeep it from unraveling and keeps it secure all day long.

Unread 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #1604
Hotaru230
has healthy scepticism

i'm only 36B but some of my button down shirts for cosplays i'm doing for Anime South next weekend are a little tighter than I thought and kinda show my shape. : ( I usually only use the sports bra type method, but last time I tried my Suguru (Gravitation) shirt on you could still tell. : (

I do have corsets, so I will try them on and look that that tonight at home.

is there anywhere local where I can maybe buy one or look for one? there's not really enough time to order one and with the christmas season and all so close I doubt that i would get it in time (Anime South starts Dec 28!)
Hotaru230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #1605
Beatrix Lolita
Half of a Narumitsu

Would i wear a bra whilst binding?

You see i am a...big girl, so to speak (38D), so will i need to wear a bra, THEN bind?

Or bind straight from the skin?

I plan to use bandages as tape leaves me feeling a bit weak...

Miles Edgeworth (Phoenix Wright)(Dude in my avatar ): (15%)(God Bless Ebay!)
Beatrix Lolita is offline   Reply With Quote