Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 260 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 10-28-2003, 03:09 AM   #151
mochihead
All about the scarf, baby

oh, lordy. I'm going to have to use the open low shirt binding method for Sakura Con. Will be crossplaying Inigo Montoya. "Prepare to Die!"

off-topic: I never thought I'd see the day that Karisu & Didj would appear on this here same thread - the binding one. Now who to ogle first?

*eyeballs explodes from over-ogling*
mochihead is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2003, 08:45 AM   #152
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
I don't define as straight myself, even if my darling spouse happens to be male... I appreciate the appeal found in both.
Well... I'm a good in-between. More female than male, honestly. But I'm just a bit too young for your tastes. I'm really mature for my age, though.
Wanna take a younger male/female "under your wing"? Well... maybe not wing, actually...

Tenshi

Failing that, can you adopt me? I promise I won't be one of those who lusts after their adoptive mother and sneaks into her bed at night while her husband is away... PROMISE!

"Normal is for those who can't do any better." - Me
Mizuno Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #153
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

So, the sports tape actually works well? That's not the same as Ace bandages is it? I've used Ace Bandages and a sports bra over that, and they don't work very well for me. ( Then again I am a D cup..) ..Where does a person get "sports tape"?
Vialoi Ketsueke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 08:59 AM   #154
Hitori
Tra la la

I've never used Sports Tape, but I keep meaning to tri, I use masking tape^_^ And you can get that aniwhere.
Unread 10-28-2003, 09:03 AM   #155
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

Masking tape? ...But would that hold a D?.....I know duct tape will, but that is a pain to remove.
Unread 10-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #156
Hitori
Tra la la

Er.... I don't know, I'm a "barely A" (that's what it sais on the tag...)
But you could tri! Masking tape is cheap^_^
Unread 10-28-2003, 10:11 AM   #157
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

......^-^;;;; well.. of course masking tape will hold an A....but a D.. A D is like..a walnut being the A, next to ...an Apple being the D...or something like that.. I don't know if it will hold, but I'll give it a shot.
*sigh* I wish I was an A.
Unread 10-28-2003, 12:36 PM   #158
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Karisu-sama, I don't know how well this would work for a compression shirt, but here's a trick I picked up while in Vegas helping out with costumes and stuff.

To dye things 'fleshtone,' lipton tea bags work very well. (And they're really really cheap.) All you have to do is just get a pot big enough to dye whatever it is that needs dying, fill it with water and bring it to boiling, and put in a bunch of tea bags, (Scientific, no? 'A bunch' ._. Like maybe 15-20 for a 10 cup pot. ) I guess just add enough that you feel the mix is really concentrated.
Let that simmer for 5-10 minutes or so, keeping it on low heat, and then take out of tea bags. Then just add whatever it is you want to dye, and let it soak until it takes the amount of color you want. (Depending on your flesh tone.)
You'll want to keep the heat on low, because I think that would help the tannins adhere to what you're dying more easily. Just be careful, and make sure to keep stirring so everything gets evenly colored, and nothing gets burned! Once it's the color you'd like it to be, just take it out and rinse it in cold water, and you're good to go.
Like I'd mentioned, I'm not sure how well it would work on a compression shirt, but it's FANTASTIC for dying elastics to be flesh-colored.

XD Plus, it's 'all natural' Hehee, so you don't have to feel bad about dying something in a "cooking pot" like you would with 'regular' fabric dyes.

Edit: Added in a couple more instructions.

Last edited by Lilli : 10-28-2003 at 12:41 PM.
Lilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 07:26 PM   #159
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I tried experimenting with my C/D cup breasts and masking tape and the result...wasn't good. XD It didn't stick. It fell off. I got maybe one inch circumference off, max.

Guess this means the next time I need to bind it's going to be a combination of as many methods as I can think of. XD
Unread 10-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #160
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Lilli: I've been told that natural dyes don't dye nylon (the shirts are a nylon/spandex blend), but I can certainly give it a try. I've seen tea work wonderfully on natural fabrics. Thanks! (I dye fabric in my garage using a plug-in hotplate and a metal bucket from the hardware store - I think I need a new hotplate though, because I've been getting electrically zapped when the water accidentally touches my hand. o.O )
~~~~~~~

Duct tape? Ehhhhh :/ Not on MY skin, thanks. >.< Not to mention that it often leaves a lot of glue residue. Masking tape? Not sticky enough, and rips too easily, I would think. Sports tape is a cloth tape - pretty strong, and made for use on skin.

Ace bandages are not a tape.

HanyaanFaery: try Sports Tape, not masking tape! (Either over a sport bra, or heck, perhaps by itself! My only complaint with it is that is is so narrow you need to overlap and layer to get things smooth.)

Once again: This is Sports Tape (found at my local Long's Drugstore, Walgreens, etc.):
(Don't lose skin - remove it in a hot shower!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SportsTape.jpg (22.8 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 10-28-2003 at 07:53 PM.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #161
Fault
Funtastic

When I used masking tape it was over the top of a sports bra. The tape stuck to the bra much better than it did to my skin. I got flat.. ish. DD's don't do flat very well. But I was about an inch out from my stomach, which is pretty good.

I've gotten sports tape from my local chemist.. uh.. drugstore in America. It should be easy to find.

For a larger chest I reccommend the Karisu-sama patented un-chest cleavage method. Even if you don't go flat, at least you won't move, and it won't fall off or restrict your breathing either.
Fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2003, 11:21 PM   #162
Savior_Faire
OBJECTION!

Hmm... will this compression shirt slim out my tummy too? I'll be losing weight, hopefully I'll be down to at least 150 or 140 by AnimeNEXT... but my hips might be a problem >.<

Stupid hips...

Next Con: NYAF
Vampire Hunter D (Amano Artwork Collab): 90%
Savior_Faire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 01:46 AM   #163
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savior_Faire
Hmm... will this compression shirt slim out my tummy too?
Yes. Those shirts are cut long. (But remember that guys also have bigger waists than girls! So it's not as bad as you think! )

The hips you will have to deal with another way. (I need to post my techniques for that - hopefully I 'll get to it soon...)
Unread 10-29-2003, 11:49 AM   #164
Sipesh
Mother Trucker

Although I'm sure a lot of you have looked into tape/adhesive removers I wanted to post this. Most of the sports tape adhesive removers you find simply don't work. However, there is good news. There is a brand that works quite well, we use it in the medical field to get tape off of patients all the time. It's called Detachahol (hokey name, I know) but it works. It dissolves the glue on tape instantly so it just falls right off. The down side is that you get some "goo" left on you that has to be washed off with hot water in the shower (but hey, bathing is a GOOD thing and preferable to being scarred for life). I get this stuff from one of our medical distributors, but you may be able to find it for sale in pharmacies. If you can't find it anywhere, you can always drop me a line and I can get you a bottle of it at cost (like $4.00). Now, I'm off to continue experimenting with ways to make my rack vanish.
ksipesh@yahoo.com
Sipesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2003, 04:02 PM   #165
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Detachahol? Woo-hoo, I'm gonna look for that! ^^ (Everything else I've tried didn't really work - except a nice hot shower and slooooooow removal - but maybe this will!)