Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 260 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 11-02-2003, 03:12 AM   #181
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by didjiman
I could tell y'all that Karisu has stocks in skin grafting medical companies and various medical adhesive firms, or that she's channeling the sadistic Dilandau character and just want women to suffer. Of course those would be lies.

Anyway, I have no idea why she's doing it. *Shake head in confusion*

// richard
Founding Member of BOOB (Boobs Out Of Bondage) club.
Psh!! You don't even get why I so love to do costuming and RPG, period!

But I you anyway. ^_______^

(There, there... everyone has their little hobbies and such... )
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2003, 02:02 PM   #182
Savior_Faire
OBJECTION!

Tips on Latex? I've worked with latex before so I'll give you some hints:

1)You can find Latex and liquid latex in nearly any costuming store; the Party City by me has packages of the long sheets of latex, though it can be a bit expensive.

2)Use new latex and fresh Spirit Gum, never re-use latex. It gets really gross and once taken off the first time it son't stick as well with the Gum again. Our thespian troupe buys new Sprit Gum every year or two years, after that long the Gum loses it's sticky-ness apparently.

3)Spirit gum won't stick to tape too well since it's not porus (sp?) like flesh is. It sticks to fabric though but make sure it's something you're willing to get ruined; the Gum is hard to get out.

4)Apply the latex and Spirit Gum as needed, making sure that the ends won't peel up, then use flesh tone make-up to blend the ends with your bare skin. Application might take a while if you're doing you're whole front.

5)Removal: You'll need Spirit Gum Remover, hot water and soap won't cut it. The Gum is like peeling off duct tape; it's made to hold and hold fast. Use the remover on the places where the Gum didn't come off the skin.

I've never used latex on such a large area, mostly using it for applying elf ears and fake chins and noses. Good luck if you want to try this, but keep in mind that an opaque, skin-tone leotard works just the same except for the obvious neck-line of the suit.

Next Con: NYAF
Vampire Hunter D (Amano Artwork Collab): 90%

Last edited by Savior_Faire : 11-02-2003 at 02:05 PM.
Savior_Faire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 02:21 PM   #183
Jen-neko
Lord Cynic Almighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
Look: READ this thread. Your choices are to either wear a binding that shows across your chest, or try to see if the tape method would work (described in the post #1 and with notice of which further posts have more details) if you wish to show only real skin down the front. (You say you are a C but it might work, depending on firmness, etc. - you would have to TRY it. )

(OK, a 3rd choice would be a fake skin latex front covering a binding, but this thread doesn't so far have info on that.)

If you have already read this thread, you would not "dunno what to do"!!
*cowers* I kinda skipped around pages, since it's so long =._.=;; but yeah, I guess I'll just haveta try it out and see what works best. (thanks)
Jen-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #184
Liriel
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
The hips you will have to deal with another way. (I need to post my techniques for that - hopefully I 'll get to it soon...)
*blinks surprised*

There is a way to deal with hips?! I do hope you will post that soon. While I can get pretty flat for a C-cup, there's no way my hips are anything other than female. I do not expect miracles, but a little less would be nice. *g*
Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2003, 04:36 PM   #185
Savior_Faire
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel
*blinks surprised*

There is a way to deal with hips?!
Ooo! I just tired something and it worked rather decently ^.^

Take an age bandage and tie it around you like a studebaker used for rock climbing. Unfortunatly, I can't find any tutorials for making a studebaker, you'll have to ask a rock climber or your gym teacher ^.^;

Unread 11-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #186
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Ace bandage on hips: does it work if you sit, run around, etc.?? That might work for some padding of flesh ^__^;; , but I am so scrawny that the widest point one sees on MY hips is the bone directly beneath the skin. ^__^;; So yeah, I can't bind THAT smaller.
Unread 11-02-2003, 10:26 PM   #187
Savior_Faire
OBJECTION!

Actually it does. The way the studebaker is tied (properly), it's made to stay put on you when rock climbing and it stayed on for the time I was walking around the house with it on. Maybe I'll wear it to school tomarrow and see how long it stays ^.^

I think I'll do that, and I'll give you guys the results.

Unread 11-03-2003, 02:56 PM   #188
Liriel
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savior_Faire
Take an age bandage and tie it around you like a studebaker used for rock climbing. Unfortunatly, I can't find any tutorials for making a studebaker, you'll have to ask a rock climber or your gym teacher ^.^;
Do you have a reference pic somewhere? My dictionary capitulates and I only have a vague idea what you might mean. (And no rock climber or gym teacher somewhere near me to ask ...)
Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #189
Savior_Faire
OBJECTION!

Nope, I've been trying to find a pic and no luck.

And I wore it today in school and it worked! I even had people complimented me on how good my hips looked ^.^

Unread 11-05-2003, 08:49 PM   #190
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Query for those who regularly use Ace bandages for binding: are you having the same problems I'm having with the damn clippies, or am I just pulling too hard? I've managed to destroy all of the clips that came with the Ace bandage - well, one was already busted when I took it out of the package, it pulled apart as I was unwrapping it for the first time. Managed to pull the other two apart last weekend. Is anyone else having this problem? And can you buy spare clips?

I remember back in the day, Ace bandages came with all-metal clips that worked great. What's up with this elastic-banded clip? The elastic pulls right out of the clip!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2003, 10:51 PM   #191
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

The crappy clips do die after awhile, and I don't know if you can buy others (I have so many spare bandages, I just keep stealing the other clips.) I also find using safety pins (used perpendicular to the direction of pull) to be quite useful.
Unread 11-06-2003, 08:04 PM   #192
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Perpendicular, thanks for the tip. I did use safety pins when the clips busted (shot one across the room, too, still haven't found the other half) but I was concerned about the way they pull at the elastic threads. That's a big tip, awesome! Thanks!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2003, 01:23 PM   #193
momo_anzu
Looks like poo...I know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmadonna
Wow, I wish I could do that!

I am a D Cup [nice in RL] and I'm playing Mana. [sucks at a con]

Alas, women playing men playing women is not a good thing if you have a large chest!
Ah....wowie, I thought I was the only one who thought about Mana's chest, heh. I made a costume of him (My first, and so far only; funny how my first is a crossplay) and well....my chest was way too...plump? Lol. It confused my mom as to why I wanted to bind, and in the end she forbade me from doing so 'cause she didn't want me scaring the neighbors (*halloween costume, btw), lol. So...ace bandages? Do they come in white or just flesh tone? (This dress is white so...) I'm a 36B btw....It's kind of sad when some of my guy friends have bigger chests then me....anyway back to the costume...about hips...Mana seems to have a quite curvy figure if you ask me, but does anyone else think so? I have...birthing hips (and I'm only 15!!!) so I don't think there'd be any way to disguise them. He seems to have girlyhips and girlylegs though, so...This picture:

http://cdff.narcissisticelf.net/MananGacckt/mana03.gif

shows his very nice hips, heh, so I shouldn't have to bind them right?
Unread 11-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #194
Fault
Funtastic

That's a boy o.0? Wow.. gender indeterminency at it's best IMHO. *blink* If I crossplayed him instead of Iori I'd be a lot closer to the desired end product.
Fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2003, 10:59 PM   #195
chai_fiend
hopelessly asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo_anzu
Ah....wowie, I thought I was the only one who thought about Mana's chest, heh. I made a costume of him (My first, and so far only; funny how my first is a crossplay) and well....my chest was way too...plump? Lol. It confused my mom as to why I wanted to bind, and in the end she forbade me from doing so 'cause she didn't want me scaring the neighbors (*halloween costume, btw), lol. So...ace bandages? Do they come in white or just flesh tone? (This dress is white so...) I'm a 36B btw....It's kind of sad when some of my guy friends have bigger chests then me....anyway back to the costume...about hips...Mana seems to have a quite curvy figure if you ask me, but does anyone else think so? I have...birthing hips (and I'm only 15!!!) so I don't think there'd be any way to disguise them. He seems to have girlyhips and girlylegs though, so...This picture:

http://cdff.narcissisticelf.net/MananGacckt/mana03.gif

shows his very nice hips, heh, so I shouldn't have to bind them right?
ok i'm back w/ my anti-binding self, but this time i hav a good point to make--i think. i'v seen tons of mana cosplay by women of course who are quite curvacious and it works. i dont think you should have to worry about hiding your hips when doing mana, esp mana considering he often dons circle skirts n such any way which give the illusion of hips. when cosplaying a guy who crossdresses why bind? ok someone mentioned accuracy but the guy is trying to appear like a woman which is what you are naturally. so i say go w/ what ya got.
i love that pic of mana. he looks so gorgeous...*swoon*
chai_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote