Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 264 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #2206
Sisshi
Sexy Leg Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiahara View Post
The compression shirt seems heavenly... but.. if I'm a 40DD, you think I could I get away with a XL (I think it's actually a low 2X)?

I'm not sure if I'll have the time to get one of these, though. I'm thinking of doing Itachi and it's crazy short notice... since I'd be in a cloak and a rather loose shirt the whole time, I was thinking maybe sports bra, bandages, and lots of adjustment? :lol:
You're smack dab in the middle for a Large dear. An XL might acutally be too big. Your number is 42 and the highest for large is 44, the lowest 40.

I got my shirt within a week, unless you need it before this weekend you should be ok.
Animarathon: White Mage (Final Fantasy)
GarasuNoShiCon: Aranea (Homestuck)

My binding results with the Underworks compression shirt, Check it out ^^
Sisshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #2207
MarvelousManga
Stranger to Normality

I just want to be sure, 'cause I'm horid at this kind of thing, but I'm a 36D, so my number would be 40, right?
Unread 09-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #2208
Sisshi
Sexy Leg Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelousManga View Post
I just want to be sure, 'cause I'm horid at this kind of thing, but I'm a 36D, so my number would be 40, right?
Yes.
Animarathon: White Mage (Final Fantasy)
GarasuNoShiCon: Aranea (Homestuck)

My binding results with the Underworks compression shirt, Check it out ^^
Sisshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #2209
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

Everyone, I would HIGHLY recommend the "Loving Comfort" Breast Binder if you are doing a crossplay that requires you to wear an a-shirt or a tube top or something. (Underworks binders don't work because you can see them)

It binds VERY well and it's very, very comfortable. (The reason is because it's actually made to bind a woman when she's breastfeeding) I'm a 38/40 B/C and it made me VERY flat. I only had to adjust it a few times and it was very easy to adjust.

The only problem I have with it is that it is *slightly* noticeable under a thin shirt. (Though you can adjust it so it's less noticeable) But it's much better than a sports bra, which can be seen depending on the shirt you're wearing. And it might be more comfortable and more stable than ace bandages.

You can buy it from this website (I have brought things from this site before, so it's legit): http://store.babycenter.com/home.do

I'll try to post pictures soon.

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014
1. Will Graham (Hannibal) - Saturday
2. Will Graham (Hannibal) - Sunday

Last edited by Queen Anime 99 : 09-05-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #2210
Tinuviel
Radzilla

^ Does it work alright for anybody somewhere along the lines of a 38D?

I've tried so hard to get binding to work...and have had absolutely no sucess as of yet.
Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #2211
Queen Anime 99
Call me Queenie. :D

I would think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
^ Does it work alright for anybody somewhere along the lines of a 38D?

I've tried so hard to get binding to work...and have had absolutely no sucess as of yet.

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014
1. Will Graham (Hannibal) - Saturday
2. Will Graham (Hannibal) - Sunday
Queen Anime 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #2212
Chiisanahime

I'm a C-cup and am trying to get my chest to go down to...well...as little as possible ^^;; The problem is, for my character I need to have a full bare stomach! Is there a good way to bind your chest and not show any "binding" below the bottom line of your boobs?
Chiisanahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #2213
Yume Nezumi
Duo cosplayer since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisanahime View Post
I'm a C-cup and am trying to get my chest to go down to...well...as little as possible ^^;; The problem is, for my character I need to have a full bare stomach! Is there a good way to bind your chest and not show any "binding" below the bottom line of your boobs?
Try looking at the last few posts, QueenAnime99 just suggested something for that.
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #2214
GoPlayer
A Link to Today

Well, I just ordered a compression shirt from Underworks. I'll see how it goes.

"Cosplay! Why did it have to be cosplay?" ~Indiana Jones

Costume Progress:
Modern Link: 100% (including revisions)
Unknown Warrior (Original Fierce Deity) (Majora's Mask Manga): 10% (Gathering Supplies Stage)
GoPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #2215
veraca

O.O Wow this thread makes me so happy I'm just a size 32A.
Hell to find bras - but apparently easy to crossplay. So far I've just been wearing camisoles (long shirts with sports bra type under neath). Keeps the boobs in place but still puffs them up more than I'd like >> I was thinking compression shirt, but since my chest is so small should I just look for a sports bra?

Also, a friend of mine is like a size 32D and is considering a compression shirt from Underworks but she isn't sure what size to get - the small or the medium Oo;

Any help is most loved.
veraca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #2216
zomgmissy
New Account: ohmicaiah

I'm looking into the "Loving Comfort" breast binder suggested earlier, and asked my mom about it. She has another possible method, something used to hold in stomachs after surgery. She works in a hospital and therefore can sneak one out for me (that's how I got my ace bandages), but if that doesn't work, I'm gonna talk her into getting the breast binder.
zomgmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #2217
Kheshire
Kitteh

I've got a relatively large chest 32D and I'm not sure what the best option for me would be. Help?
Kheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #2218
thesporkwarrior
Destroyer of Flowers

So last year at AWA I did the sports bra method, since my Heero Yuy costume was so short notice, but this year for my L cosplay I've got tons of different things to try - I've read through a lot of this - and I'm still not sure which would be best. I live in the boonies, and only have a week to figure out a way to bind my D chest down. I bought some 2" sports tape, a skin tone sports bra, and some wide medical tape - for a D cup, should I just combine them all together and hope for the best or what? I also have to do some stomach taping so that the shirt is loose enough - any suggestions for THAT? (Other than mutilating a pair of control top panty-hose?
thesporkwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #2219
iamrui

As a 34D, pushing DD :'(, i recommend the tape method. [Sports is nice, itseems to handel sweat better, that could just be me though.] The sports bra alone has always given me a uniboob. I usually, if the costume permits, wear some sort of compression shirt over taping, for smoothness. Test and see if the bra helps or hurts over tape. I usually do not tape my stomach so I've got no information for you, sorry. Luck!
iamrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #2220
hooraytheweird
Bad Wolf

Okay, the two people who mentioned either being 32D or having a friend that's 32D: If you get an Underworks binder, get the very smallest size. I got a small (and I'm a 32D) and yes, it works, very well I might add, but the x-small just works better. It's all due to the fact that we've got large breasts and a small ribcage, so more compression is needed to get down to 32 inches from (at least) 36 inches.

In the works:

Kaoru, Ouran High School Host Club (98%) [premiered at Oni-Con '08]
Steampunk Costume, clothes (35%), equipment/props (45%) [most likely to premiere at Steam-Con San Antonio '09]

"I manned up and ate those damn wasabi balls!" "...You manned up and cried too."
hooraytheweird is offline   Reply With Quote