Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 297 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #2221
GoPlayer
A Link to Today

I just got my Underworks binder, and I'm having an OMG moment. I went from a DD to like...an A in a matter of seconds.

Oh. My. God. I LOVE having small breasts. I'm thrilled--absolutely thrilled with this thing. It's a miracle in a box. This is just...wow.

"Cosplay! Why did it have to be cosplay?" ~Indiana Jones

Costume Progress:
Modern Link: 100% (including revisions)
Unknown Warrior (Original Fierce Deity) (Majora's Mask Manga): 10% (Gathering Supplies Stage)
GoPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #2222
WingedK9
temporarily sane

ok, so i sorta made a different type of binding shirt. havent really tested it out yet except on myself and a friend, both size B, going to try it on a girl DD. if it works, would anyone be interested in one?
im sort of just testing the waters at the moment, but i may start selling them through deviantart.com
WingedK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 01:05 AM   #2223
Aihoshi-chan
The short one

Um this had probably been answered but I don't have time to read through ALL the posts but does binding damage your chest and does it hurt much?

Marluxia: It's elementary my dear Watson
Me: I'm not Watson!
Marluxia: ... Shut up Roxas.
Aihoshi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #2224
Upbeat Rikku
Disasterrific!

What do I use and how? I need to flatten and/or tape some 34Bs-36Bs down for a Shippuuden Sasuke crossplay. I'll be moving around a lot and, be in a dancing skit, next year. I need to keep the two front sides of the top stuck to me, also.

Thanks!
Upbeat Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #2225
Yume Nezumi
Duo cosplayer since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upbeat Rikku View Post
What do I use and how? I need to flatten and/or tape some 34Bs-36Bs down for a Shippuuden Sasuke crossplay. I'll be moving around a lot and, be in a dancing skit, next year. I need to keep the two front sides of the top stuck to me, also.

Thanks!
Check the very first post, she gives a method for binding yourself up and away for open-shirt crossplays, and I think she might have a way to keep the shirt stuck to yourself too, though I could be wrong about that part.
Unread 09-12-2008, 11:46 PM   #2226
GoPlayer
A Link to Today

Any suggestions on as to how to *ahem* adjust yourself under the binding vest from underworks?

Excuse the graphic-ness of this, but I must know what's best for the breasts.

Should they hang straight down and have the fabric press them that way, or should the nipples be straight onto the fabric and the fabric squish them straight on?

I hope you get what I mean...

"Cosplay! Why did it have to be cosplay?" ~Indiana Jones

Costume Progress:
Modern Link: 100% (including revisions)
Unknown Warrior (Original Fierce Deity) (Majora's Mask Manga): 10% (Gathering Supplies Stage)
GoPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 12:07 AM   #2227
hooraytheweird
Bad Wolf

WingedK9 - I think pictures would be required before any of us (or at least me) would commit ourselves to anything.

Aihoshi - It doesn't damage your breasts, and if it hurts, your binding is too tight.

GoPlayer - It's not going to hurt your breasts either way, so whatever looks best for you. (Though I've found you get a flatter look angling them down.)

In the works:

Kaoru, Ouran High School Host Club (98%) [premiered at Oni-Con '08]
Steampunk Costume, clothes (35%), equipment/props (45%) [most likely to premiere at Steam-Con San Antonio '09]

"I manned up and ate those damn wasabi balls!" "...You manned up and cried too."
hooraytheweird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 12:51 AM   #2228
Aihoshi-chan
The short one

Okay thank you!

Marluxia: It's elementary my dear Watson
Me: I'm not Watson!
Marluxia: ... Shut up Roxas.
Aihoshi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 03:35 AM   #2229
soraxriku4eva
hunts for the yaoi...

i dont get it TT (totally new to the chest binding but not so new to cosplay only been cosplaying seriously since april this year) i would like to bind my chest for london expo this october for my Naruto cosplay as i think it would lok better since my costume is quite fitting on me and so my brests are very noticable you can tell i am a girl really badly TT i loked at the guide but i just dont get how to do it please help TT
soraxriku4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #2230
Jaisuke
ಠ_ಠ

same here. I don't feel like sifting through 150 pages to find that post.
Does anyone know the binding technique of the top of their heads (or know the post?)
I brought some medical tape the other day but it wasn't strong enough- are you supposed to wrap the tape around your back too for support? @___@?
Is there a certain way that people put their bandages on?
Jaisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 04:31 AM   #2231
benihime
Kimono Queen

"search this thread"
use a keyword . i actually believe there's a post outside this big one as well.

anyway i want to put my two cents about the vest/wrapping.

for the past two years i've used the same freaking vest.
now, it's going in the trash.
i had to use ace bandages for my nanashi cosplay and turns out? i'm more fat and well okay that time i wrapped myself too tight, but more comfortable than i am in that stupid vest.
and i'm a 38D. so yes, it can be done. just practice XD

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #2232
Jaisuke
ಠ_ಠ

Didn't come up with much but thanks X3
Jaisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #2233
WingedK9
temporarily sane

hooraytheweird - i agree with you, and until i test the shirt on a friend w/ DD, im not going to actually do anything selling wise, its still sort of in the testing stage, cause while it may work on me, a B doesnt mean it will work on anyone larger. but thanks for the reply
WingedK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #2234
Lostdreamz
I bought Lavi..literally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenshiNoReyire View Post
I dunno why no one ever mentions this .. I'll probably post pictures sometime. But my brother bought a compression shirt (like under-armor) for baseball and I had it tucked away in a drawer. So a few weeks before AnimeNEXT I found his compression shirt. I cut off the sleeves and put it on and got my DD chest (I think it's that big -_-; ... ) to like at least an A. And with the proper baggy shirt or so, it looks flat enough to be male.

I bought a new compression shirt a little while ago because my old one was blue and this one is white. I bought for $11 dollars in the male section at Wal-Mart. It's not expensive and it's an easy solution. And comfortable. It sorta hurts my back when I have to wear it for days in a row but it doesn't try to squeeze the life out of you like most bindings. I can post photos of the shirt if anyone wants an example of what I mean. It really is a new and effective way that helps.

Hasn't anyone else tried this???
yay this gives me hope for my Riku crossplay, I was gonna go with a sports bra and possible tape or ace bandage, but i will try looking around now for a compression shirt.. the only time being a DD came in handy was for Tsunade!
Lostdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #2235
Bumble Band
Bee-Rokusasu

I apologize ahead of time if someone has already given ideas for my question.

Does anyone know any fool-proof boob hiding ways when it comes to a DD cup size?
I'm not big by any stretch of the imagination; I wear a five in pants and small in shirts (As long as their stretchy at the top).
In this case, I was wondering if there was anything (Other then an incredibly expensive Trans. shirt) that could get me almost completely flat?
I want to cosplay as Roxas, but I don't want to ruin it by having huge knockers you know?
:]
Bumble Band is offline   Reply With Quote