Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 283 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 10-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #2941
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakarimasen? View Post
I've never understood why people do this, it just sounds like a pain especially when your just doing this for fun. But if it makes the people who do this happy then bind away!!!!!
Why do people cosplay in the first place ?

It's not literally painful unless you do it wrong - which a lot of people do, though. However, the information is out there if they would just look and listen.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #2942
Gitz

I invested in the Underworks Tri-Top compression shirt in a size L (I'm around a D-Cup) and it was worth every penny. Here's a photo of it in use. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2302238/

I've tried using Ace Bandages to bind before but it was too uncomfortable, painful, and I couldn't breath much, no matter how many different times and different ways I've tried using them. Never again. Never again am I using those damn things! Going cheap and using Ace Bandages to bind just isn't worth risking injury!
Gitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #2943
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseAlchemist View Post
For the underworks site I am about to order a compression vest but i am really not sure how to go about what size to wear. Any clue how to get the correct size?
Sizing Instructions for Full Chest Binding.

With a tape measure, take a snug measurement under the bustline.
Then take another measurement over the fullest part of the chest over the breasts.
Take the average of the two measurements and apply this to the scale for the item provided on the site.
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #2944
zomgmissy
New Account: ohmicaiah

So, guys, I got my binder from T-Kingdom.

I ended up getting the 1480 in white and it came in only a week when it was supposed to take two or three, which made me very happy.

I tried the binder on. My first problem was that there wasn't enough velcro, so I couldn't get it as tight as I wanted, but I could easily add more velcro on my own. There were other problems, though.

My breasts were sort of spilling out the sides a bit seeing as the underarms weren't covered well, and I wasn't getting as much of a binding effect as I'd hoped for (I only got down to an A/B and I'm a C/D; I wanted to get down to a medium/small A). I'm thinking about getting a different size since T-Kingdom only makes you pay for shipping when exchanging sizes, but I don't know whether I should get it smaller or larger as my problems all contradict each other. The size I have now is a large.

I'm going to keep it for a couple days before deciding and hope that practice with it will make it work better.
zomgmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #2945
squirtlegoddess

I need a lot of help with binding. I always cosplay as boys and a d-cup doesn't help my costumes at all. Everything I've tried (different ace bandages, really tight shirts/bras, brace) failed. Anyone help? D:
squirtlegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #2946
Kelley
Devil of Details

Try reading some of the other replies in this thread - honestly, anything that can be said has been said.
Unread 10-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #2947
ChatNoir
Lubim Ta

If I buy one of these: http://www.underworks.com/996.html
Do I get the size that my chest actually IS or the size that I'd want it to be when it's on?
ChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #2948
Kelley
Devil of Details

The way to measure was last posted only a few posts up. :b
Unread 10-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #2949
Inoli
I Nom Swords

...ok then I've got one that is rarely discussed.

open chest binding an alternative to tape...
ready?
on your marks.....
GO!

[and yes it's about chest binding and for a woman so YES it should belong in this thread. Just stating my logic.]

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #2950
Kelley
Devil of Details

Fish-hooks and twine.

Needle and thread.

Body-suit.
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #2951
Inoli
I Nom Swords

without self mutilation -.-
body suits just...naw. not for what I do its' too simple for a body suit and shirt? wont work, be way too obvious its a shirt and not flesh. [the cosplay is HOT As well so many layers that cant be helped.]
Answers rejected try again.

[/color] [/size]
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #2952
Kelley
Devil of Details

Honestly, I "reject" the idea that you can do anything else.

You need to get your breasts flattened to the sides to do an open-shirt cosplay.

You CAN'T do that without a sticking agent or without the binding showing.

Alternative to "tape" : Use glue. But that's about it, and you basically just reinvented the concept of tape that way.
Unread 10-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #2953
Inoli
I Nom Swords

yesyes I know quite well what open chest binding should be accomplished. However if you cannot think outside the box intelligently, do not say it "CANT" be done.
Besides it's not illegal to theories possibilities. Here's an example, even if weak:

The theory of "suspenders" was brought to my attention. Would have to be a rubber backed material [much like neoprene] but if the straps of the suspenders would be wide enough and fastened tightly to a second belt fastened about the waist it could very well pull and flatten the breasts to the side enough that one could without the use of adhesives do open chest binding.

[/color] [/size]
Unread 10-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #2954
Kelley
Devil of Details

If you're comfortable with it - go for it - but in that set-up, you're just asking for your breasts to "pop out".

I can honestly say I would not consider anything without adhesive for a body-suit to be a valid option - at least for myself where I don't want to "fall out" of the costume.

Also, if you only have "suspenders", your breasts will lump out at the sides - you'll need a back-belt, but it will make "popping out" even more likely.

Thinking outside the box is great - but I'm sorry that I don't feel comfortable throwing out suggestions I believe would result in a wardrobe malfunction - unless that's what the person wanted.

EDIT : To sum it all up -

For open-shirt binding, you really need pressure around the back (pulling the breasts AWAY from the front). Straight up and down pressure might work for a AA cup type breast, maybe an A - but I've seen A's it wouldn't likely work on.

The problem is also that in "open-shirt" binding, you need to PULL the breasts away from centre, and away from where they're inclined to sit by gravity.

The problem is that as you pull away, using no adhesive, the more likely you'll be to "pop out" since the the breasts and gravity will be fighting the disturbance.

You might be able to make an elastic vest with a "v-neck" - but this would not be able to be very wide or very low. I'm thinking, mid-breast at most, and only the minimum "v" allowed by curving down off your shoulder near the neck.

It would essentially need to cover the area that your breasts would sit normally, and if would need to be very narrow.

You might make a full-binder with a mesh-front. However, I honestly wouldn't wear that without taping it, anyway. Your breasts are wont to shift around. :/

Last edited by Kelley : 10-22-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Unread 10-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #2955
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

You, are being quite rude, I must say.
You are asking for help, but if you don't like the answers you 'reject' them and ask for someone to come up with a way, so you don't have to think, it seems.

Personally, I do not really feel like helping you righ tnow, but whatever...

I'd suggest using a compression shirt and having a latex-suit or body made that has a male chest and stuff and adjusted to your own skin color.
This is expensive, but working.

I'm going with body suits thought. And just to show you how great a body suit can look without anyone noticing it's skin unless they touch, take a look here: http://datamexx.onlinewelten.com/him...9667.gross.jpg
And no, that's not me, but a person I know.

As for the suspenders... Try it out and report if it works.
I have a feeling due them being stretchable the breast will slip out of the holding when moving around a lot. Especially in posing or when stretching.

If you only need a 'front' and not an all-around like I do next year, you could always purchase this http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/wacky/bo...ale-chest.html and paint it with latex adjusted to your own skin tone. Of course you'll still need to bind underneath.