Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 305 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 10-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #2956
Inoli
I Nom Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
You, are being quite rude, I must say.
You are asking for help, but if you don't like the answers you 'reject' them and ask for someone to come up with a way, so you don't have to think, it seems.

Honestly I'm not trying to have others think for me, I do it myself but this is a department I know little about and so sought answers, not sarcasm that lead some into harmful outcomes. I had posted a question earlier in proper form, sad that people respond to witchy little comments.
I'm sorry for being rude and I do appreciate your thoughts and suggestions and shall continue to hold my tongue now on. ^^

My fears are the same with the "suspenders" Neoprene stretches well and where hot, once against the skin ..especially wet XD it doesn't move, the problem would be to yes get it tight enough so it doesn't pop out with a pose or bending [especially bending!]. Which poses the other problem, too tight to wear comfortably for any length of time? we'll see.

I really do like your suggestions, know that my friends at least will also be interested in them. With me, I fear my make-up- fuu sucks and I'm not sure if I could blend line of chest or neck to the rest of my body. This still might be the only way I can go and will have to ask for help on the make up side, but I'd like to still bounce around possible alternatives.

getting adhesives to stick to my skin is hard. It's very acidic and sensitive. medical; tape holds well but makes me break out in terrible hives[now with 80% more skin loss!] Adhesives, even like spirit gum or even prosthetic glue wears off in an hour or two. which is why i'm asking for other possible ideas. I'm small, B on a good day so it leads itself to a few things that other women sadly cant if they're in a similar position. but maybe a suggestion I can't use, they can. Discussions if read, benefit everyone.

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #2957
nikkiolie

I just got my binder from t-kingdom and I must say it really does the job well. It feels like a sports bar yet gets me as flat if not more than an ace bandage.
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #2958
zomgmissy
New Account: ohmicaiah

nikkiolie: Which binder did you get again? The 801?

As for my binder, the second time I tried it on went much better. I got a bit smaller and I wasn't spilling out the sides as much, so I've decided not to exchange it, though I'm still thinking about adding an extra strip of velcro to make it tighter. The only problem I have with the 1480 now is how much the straps show under tank tops, but pinning the tank top straps to the binder straps should solve that problem. So I'm content.
zomgmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #2959
Yukari Kaiba
LIKE A BOSS

I just got my Tri-Top binder from Underworks in the mail today, and it fits perfectly! gets me flat enough to look like I just have a developed man-chest, but its very comfortable. I quickly put on my Ulquiorra jacket and just wearing the binder makes a total difference. Definitely worth the investment!

2013 Cosplay!
Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)COMPLETE!
Alibaba Saluja (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic)COMPLETE!
Hige (Wolf's Rain)COMPLETE!
Sanada Yukimura, Revoltech limited edition variant (Sengoku BASARA)COMPLETE!
Subway Master Nobori (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Candlehead (Sugar Rush!/Wreck-It Ralph)COMPLETE!
Scrafty (Pokemon Black&White)COMPLETE!
Hatsune Miku, Magnet variant (Vocaloid)COMPLETE!
Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Yukari Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #2960
Kelley
Devil of Details

@Inoli, it's hard to give you any advice unless you give a little information on your situation - it's like posting a "How do I make a Black Mage costume ?" thread without reference images.

If you don't help people to help you - no one can really give you any beneficial advice.

How "open" does it need to be ?

Have you talked to a doctor ? They might be able to tell you about a glue / tape that could work better for your skin.

Honestly, I would NOT attempt this without SOME kind of adhesive, unless the "open" part is VERY small.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #2961
OMGwyn
"LOL, what?"

God I haven't been on here in forever.

Anyway, I got a question.
I'm only a small B and I used the underworks binder and its fantastic.
My friend however... is a 36 DD and was curious if there was something she could use.
I suggested the binder I have, since that seems to be the best investment.

But I was kinda wondering if any of your more endowed ladies can vouch for it or not, or what method do you use that works best?
OMGwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #2962
Brightdreamer
Alter User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eru-chan View Post

My friend however... is a 36 DD and was curious if there was something she could use.

But I was kinda wondering if any of your more endowed ladies can vouch for it or not, or what method do you use that works best?
I'm a 42DD and I've used both the Tri-Top and Ultimate Chest Binder from Underworks. They get me about as flat as I can get! I have to say I prefer the Tri-top, as the longer Ultimate tends to roll up around the hips and waist. However, if you have a bit of a "gut" too, it's helpful in compressing that as well. Also, I'm fairly tall, so it doesn't pull down far enough to compress my hips... on a shorter girl, it might help with that as well. Just depends on what you're going for!

The other binding method I'd tried was a back brace around my boobs, but the Underworks binders work much better.
Brightdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 05:50 AM   #2963
aerendyll

Quote:

I'm a D (European size, not sure how different this is) and the Tritop gets me to a spread-out A cup that hardly looks feminine.

~/Cosplay WIP's and history/~

{ From Newest to Oldest }

+/2010/+
Demyx - Kingdom Hearts II
Yoshino Chidori - Persona 3/FES

+/2009/+
Hanamura Yosuke (summer school uniform) - Persona 4
Elizabeth - Persona 3/FES
Yuna - Kingdom Hearts II
aerendyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #2964
meepstio
jini;♥

so I got the underworks double underpanel shirt, it got me flat.. sort of. I mean yea you can still see the boobs x: but looks like a manchest I suppose. Is it better to put it on braless or with a sports bra?
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #2965
OffWeGo

Last edited by OffWeGo : 01-01-2014 at 08:13 AM.
OffWeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #2966
OMGwyn
"LOL, what?"

Thanks for the advice!
She is kinda weird about ordering stuff online, so I'm just gonna buy it for her.
But uh, I'm not entire sure about the size.
Should I get a larger one, or a smaller one to help with the compression? 0.o
OMGwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 03:11 AM   #2967
Dragon
Cosplay Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepstio View Post
so I got the underworks double underpanel shirt, it got me flat.. sort of. I mean yea you can still see the boobs x: but looks like a manchest I suppose. Is it better to put it on braless or with a sports bra?
Without a bra.

No compression way in the world will make you completly flat, as the flesh and muscles are still there ;P
Unread 11-06-2009, 05:27 AM   #2968
aerendyll

Quote:
Should I get a larger one, or a smaller one to help with the compression? 0.o
If she's a D or larger I recommend getting large. Unless she's skinny I don't recommend getting medium if you have a large cup size. (It would be harder to make her flat if that's the case, sadly)

~/Cosplay WIP's and history/~

{ From Newest to Oldest }

+/2010/+
Demyx - Kingdom Hearts II
Yoshino Chidori - Persona 3/FES

+/2009/+
Hanamura Yosuke (summer school uniform) - Persona 4
Elizabeth - Persona 3/FES
Yuna - Kingdom Hearts II
aerendyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #2969
KitsuneCagalli
Neko Lover

Hey there, umm, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, but i'm gonna give it a shot.

I'm cosplaying (not really crossplaying because my character is a girl) a character that has a really small chest, and I'm very well endowed (34G). I was wondering if there is a technique (or a recommendation) to bind for a backless shirt that has a halter type front that doesn't use bras (because honestly no one makes my size and even regular bras I need to get custom made).

I honestly have no idea what to do because all my previous small chested characters wore outfits that hid it so i could ACE bandage bind myself down. Does anyone have any tips?

(P.S.- i'm sorry if this problem was mentioned before but i couldn't bring myself to read through 198 pages xD. If it already exists, please just direct me to that page xD)
  • New York Comic Con 2013~
  • Katsucon 2014~
KitsuneCagalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #2970
Kelley
Devil of Details

I would NOT do it.

You can go ahead and try it at home before going to the event, but I would not except it to go well, sorry.

I would barely trust that method on a C or D.

I think you need to change the costume (add a nude back where the open halter would be), not worry about your breasts being too big, or not worry about the binding showing.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote