Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 300 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 11-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #2971
zomgmissy
New Account: ohmicaiah

KitsuneCagalli: I second OurLadyC's suggestion to add a nude back. It's the best way to get the backless look without losing the option to bind.
zomgmissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #2972
xiyu

Hello, all~

I attempted to read through this entire thread in search for my answer, but I became impatient. =w=; I read through the most recent pages, but didn't come across what I was looking for. Hopefully, someone can help me with this.

On the Underworks link (http://www.underworks.com/996.html) that I noticed many times, which shirt do you fellow crossplayers buy? =o The Binder Tank (left) or Binder Suit (right)? And what's the difference between these two? From the description, I /think/ the one on the right goes all the way around your legs...? Maybe...? .w.;;;;
xiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #2973
xturntofade

I'm planning on doing open shirt taping for a sasuke shippuden cosplay. I'm not that worried about it being difficult since I'm an A. However, I've been looking through the posts & seeing all of the experiences with chunks of skin being pulled off does make me a bit nervous. Have people found a type of tape that is fairly gentle on the skin or that they would suggest for tape binding? Or is there a certain way to remove the tape (I know someone mentioned professional adhesive remover...)?
Raver Miku from Black Rock Shooter [80%]
Mio from K-ON! [0%]
Lenalee from D. Gray-man [0%]

P H O T O S
http://flickr.com/photos/eisaykela
PM me to schedule a private shoot.
xturntofade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #2974
VendettaCode
Loves cake. Hates glomps.

I've seen sports tape and sports tape remover mentioned.
Mello (Death Note): 100%
Sidoh (Death Note): 100%

Current Project:
Envy (Fullmetal Alchemist): 15%
VendettaCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #2975
J.Kazama
Power is everything

I'm not quite sure if this has ever been asked, but do you know if long sleeved compression shirts exists? I'm getting the Tri Top one but I was curious to know if long sleeved ones existed
Unread 11-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #2976
meepstio
jini;♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiyu View Post
Hello, all~

I attempted to read through this entire thread in search for my answer, but I became impatient. =w=; I read through the most recent pages, but didn't come across what I was looking for. Hopefully, someone can help me with this.

On the Underworks link (http://www.underworks.com/996.html) that I noticed many times, which shirt do you fellow crossplayers buy? =o The Binder Tank (left) or Binder Suit (right)? And what's the difference between these two? From the description, I /think/ the one on the right goes all the way around your legs...? Maybe...? .w.;;;;
I bought the shirt on the left. It's actually pretty long, I'm not sure what's the difference from the suit probably the fact that the suit is put on like a bathing suit, and the shirt is put on like a shirt. I would recommend getting the one the left, its cheaper and the results are just as good, and it's really comfortable to wear. I also recommend getting your actual SIZE, other wise it's not going to flatten out your chest as much as you want to.
And this is what you must do to figure out which size you need...

Sizing Instructions for Full Chest Binding.

With a tape measure, take a snug measurement under the bustline.
Then take another measurement over the fullest part of the chest over the breasts.
Take the average of the two measurements and apply this to the scale for the item provided on the site.

here's a coupon to help you out^^ (hopefully it still works!)
10% discount: under10
Upcoming cons: Otakon
Ashe (LOL), Sailor Mercury, Bulma/Chun-li
meepstio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #2977
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I bought a Tri-Top from underworks and I'm very happy with it. I'm in-between a 34C and 34D and sometimes in certain photos I can get away with looking rather flat naturally. Most people never even realize that I'm on the larger side for bust. Most people think I'm a B because I wear minimizers and baggy shirts. XDDD But I tried out the Tri-Top for my Honey-senpai cosplay and I can say that I'm really happy with it. The first time I put it on I had a harder time breathing, but it was really just a minor inconvenience and once I was used to it, my breathing was just normal. I even went to my Sword Team practice with it on and it was perfect. And if you're like me and you're flexible, putting it on and taking it off by yourself isn't too much of a problem. Just takes a little wiggling around. =3

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #2978
ShizukaKurogane
Shizu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
I bought a Tri-Top from underworks and I'm very happy with it. I'm in-between a 34C and 34D and sometimes in certain photos I can get away with looking rather flat naturally. Most people never even realize that I'm on the larger side for bust. Most people think I'm a B because I wear minimizers and baggy shirts. XDDD But I tried out the Tri-Top for my Honey-senpai cosplay and I can say that I'm really happy with it. The first time I put it on I had a harder time breathing, but it was really just a minor inconvenience and once I was used to it, my breathing was just normal. I even went to my Sword Team practice with it on and it was perfect. And if you're like me and you're flexible, putting it on and taking it off by yourself isn't too much of a problem. Just takes a little wiggling around. =3

O: I stumbled upon this thread by a friend and I've finally found someone with the same size as me. I'm a 34 D/DD ( there's an explanation for that..><;; ) and I've been trying to find a better way to bind myself. I've just been using a sports bra and ACE bandaging. For the most part it works, but the bandages end up slipping off.

Do you have a link to this Tri-Top thing? ._.;

Cosplay Account -> http://shizuka-kurogane.deviantart.com/
I make Anime Charm Jewelry! -> http://redwolfstudios.deviantart.com/
ShizukaKurogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #2979
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShizukaKurogane View Post
O: I stumbled upon this thread by a friend and I've finally found someone with the same size as me. I'm a 34 D/DD ( there's an explanation for that..><;; ) and I've been trying to find a better way to bind myself. I've just been using a sports bra and ACE bandaging. For the most part it works, but the bandages end up slipping off.

Do you have a link to this Tri-Top thing? ._.;
Sure! Here you go: http://www.underworks.com/983.html

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #2980
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Has anyone had a good experience with a compression shirt from t-kingdom? I'm getting tired of using medical tape for binding, while it's effective it's uncomfortable. I'm around a 34D-DD.

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #2981
sweetnsassy
*swish swish stab*

livingdeadgirl, I bought my compression vest from t-kingdom (the 690 model). I've found that it works great for me, gets me completely flat and is pretty darn comfy to boot. I should point out, however, that I'm between an A-B cup, so YMMV.

WIP cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (earth kindgom): 90%
Toph Bei Fong (fire nation): 90%

Future cosplays:
Toph Bei Fong (Bei Fong estate gown):0%
Haruhi Fujioka (final episode ballgown): 0%
Ciel Phantomhive (green suit): 0%
sweetnsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #2982
zomgmissy
New Account: ohmicaiah

liivingdeadgirl: I have the model 1480 binder in a large from T-Kingdom. I'm a 34 C/D and get down to about an A with it. A different style binder would probably have done a better job, but I couldn't find enough reviews to go by to choose something better...
zomgmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #2983
Kurasii
Kurasii

*Hum* Ok, I have a little question.
I'm... not small...., and while I'm not crossplaying, I'm buying a kigurumi, and it's going to be a snug fit. I've also seen girls with big boobs in kigurumi outfits, and I don't like how it looks. I don't need to be flat by any means (nor do I expect to be, LOL), but how would you suggest I get smaller, so my costume looks better on me?
Would a sports bra work? I wouldn't know, I've never worn one before :/ And I can't buy anything from online, it'd have to be something I can buy at like, Wal-Mart or a store like that (I'm in Canada).

It would help if I had my kigurumi already, but I'm not getting it for awhile yet. :/

Last edited by Kurasii : 11-16-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Kurasii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #2984
Kelley
Devil of Details

Why don't you just go to local places and try things on ?
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #2985
Kurasii
Kurasii

This sound stupid, but because I'm in a small town, and I need to go to the next town over to do that sort of shopping... I also have to take public buses, and with the stupid schedule they're running, I can either stay there for like, 50/60 minutes (not long enough) or like, 3/4 hours (way too long)... so I'd like to have an idea of what to look for/try on before I go.
Kurasii is offline   Reply With Quote