Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 189 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #2986
Lady Platina
Convention Junkie =]

wow.....the tape really works! Thanks! I'll need this for my next cosplay!
Lady Platina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #2987
jabberwocky-x

I hope a post like this is allowed -- if it isn't, then kindly yell at me! I have an A-cup (although I suspect that I might be able to fit into a B-cup too...not very boob-savvy when it comes to bras, ahaha) and was wondering if perhaps just a tight sports bra would be effective? I'm afraid to use Ace bandages or tape, because I've heard horror stories about not being able to breathe with them or harming yourself with them. I can show you some full-body shots if that would help (and don't worry -- with clothes on!! xD)?
jabberwocky-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #2988
Kelley
Devil of Details

The only way to know if it will work to your satisfaction is to try.

I wouldn't use ACE not matter what your size, period.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #2989
jabberwocky-x

Hee, looks like I just might have to hunt for a sports bra and give it a shot then! Thank you. I wouldn't use Ace bandages myself out of sheer paranoia, but is it true that it can constrict your breathing?
jabberwocky-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #2990
demonkitty
Pokemon Fan c:

I've read alot of this thread, but I'm still wondering, because
! I used some kind of bandaging to bind once, and it turned out okay, but it started to slip and constricted my breathing after a while. (It was like, 3 in. bandage width, that was probably the problem)
! I have a relatively small chest, but noticeable enough to have to bind. I was wondering what tape to use for the tape method, like what would be the best kind?
Lugia Gijinka
? Maybe Sakura Haruno
demonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #2991
ShizukaKurogane
Shizu

Rose of Battle:: Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, I forgot I posted on this thread @@;;

Also, to those of you wondering about the bandage methods:: It always varies with people. Yes, it does constrict movement, and therefore can make it harder to breathe especially if you are rather large chested like myself. I've done it a few times and I got used to it after a little while, and I got comfortable with it. It does work but you have to use something else with it too, again, especially if you are larger chested.

But I do have to say, when you take OFF the bandages, you DEFINITELY can tell the different and you just go "Ahhhh...much better."

xD;;

Cosplay Account -> http://shizuka-kurogane.deviantart.com/
I make Anime Charm Jewelry! -> http://redwolfstudios.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShizukaKurogane : 11-28-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Adding onto post
ShizukaKurogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #2992
Zrigeist
Gentlemen, I like war

I'm pretty inexperienced at this sort of thing, and thought my chest may already be very small, I do have some concerns about binding myself. I want to bind myself for my Metrocon costume this coming year, but I'm a little scared that I could possibly do it wrong. How do you know if it's too tight? Because even just pushing on my chest hurts a tad bit, I'm concerned that binding myself to be completely flat would leave me in a world of pain the entire time.
Ideas?
Zrigeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #2993
zomgmissy
New Account: ohmicaiah

Zrigeist: If you already have very small breasts, you should be able to get away with just using a sports bra for binding. I wouldn't chance using bandages or anything more constricting than a sports bra with your chest hurting so easily. Good luck!
zomgmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #2994
Zrigeist
Gentlemen, I like war

Sounds good to me, thank you for the help. :]
Zrigeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #2995
aerendyll

Well, it's question time again!

A while ago I ordered a compression shirt from Underworks (the tritop) and it got me pretty flat. I'm very glad it did the job for me and I was amazed by the effect it had.

However, this time I want to do a cosplay for which I need a flat chest, but the character I want to cosplay has a dress that doesn't cover the "straps" part of the compression shirt. Needless to say I don't want my compression shirt to show beneath the dress, so I wanted to ask people how I can bind myself in a way that (preferably) doesn't involve bandages.

I have a D cup (European size, in case this matters) and my compression shirt is size L.

~/Cosplay WIP's and history/~

{ From Newest to Oldest }

+/2010/+
Demyx - Kingdom Hearts II
Yoshino Chidori - Persona 3/FES

+/2009/+
Hanamura Yosuke (summer school uniform) - Persona 4
Elizabeth - Persona 3/FES
Yuna - Kingdom Hearts II
aerendyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #2996
icebomb

Yeah...I did the ace bandage thing. it didn't go down well at ALL.
It was my first ever time crossplaying, for a con, and I had bought a frog bra from Title Nine, but since that wasn't enough (I'm a DDD) I put on binding underneath the bra, and on top of the bra as well.
by the middle of the day i was having the hardest time breathing. I almost passed out.
Eventually, I just took off both bandages and just wore the bra (I was cosplaying Dagger, so I had that big ruffle thing and vertically striped shirt so you could barely even tell in the first place). I cosplayed america as well the next day, just wearing the bra. My shirt was a little baggy, but it was still pretty clear that i had boobs hiding...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2328499/
what do you guys think? (i'm the america getting tripped by spain lol)

Last edited by icebomb : 12-08-2009 at 04:52 PM.
icebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #2997
ShizukaKurogane
Shizu

Well, in my opinion, it's not to terribly noticeable xD But you are right, you can still tell a little bit.

Cosplay Account -> http://shizuka-kurogane.deviantart.com/
I make Anime Charm Jewelry! -> http://redwolfstudios.deviantart.com/
ShizukaKurogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #2998
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerendyll View Post
Well, it's question time again!

A while ago I ordered a compression shirt from Underworks (the tritop) and it got me pretty flat. I'm very glad it did the job for me and I was amazed by the effect it had.

However, this time I want to do a cosplay for which I need a flat chest, but the character I want to cosplay has a dress that doesn't cover the "straps" part of the compression shirt. Needless to say I don't want my compression shirt to show beneath the dress, so I wanted to ask people how I can bind myself in a way that (preferably) doesn't involve bandages.

I have a D cup (European size, in case this matters) and my compression shirt is size L.
You could do something involving medical tape.

I can't think of a way that a comfortable binding solution would stay without something adhesive - if it lacked "straps".

If there's no strong adhesive, it's going to fall down.

You might be able to do a "corset" kind of rigid construction where it stays up since it's rigid and presses into your hips, but it might still wiggle around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebomb View Post
Yeah...I did the ace bandage thing. it didn't go down well at ALL.
It was my first ever time crossplaying, for a con, and I had bought a frog bra from Title Nine, but since that wasn't enough (I'm a DDD) I put on binding underneath the bra, and on top of the bra as well.
by the middle of the day i was having the hardest time breathing. I almost passed out.
Eventually, I just took off both bandages and just wore the bra (I was cosplaying Dagger, so I had that big ruffle thing and vertically striped shirt so you could barely even tell in the first place). I cosplayed america as well the next day, just wearing the bra. My shirt was a little baggy, but it was still pretty clear that i had boobs hiding...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2328499/
what do you guys think? (i'm the america getting tripped by spain lol)
NEVER USE ACE !! Especially not with a chest that large ! *faint*

Just buy a compression top from Underworks. It's going to be the best, and probably cheapest option - at $30.
Unread 12-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #2999
super-cat202
Meow

SO here is my problem.. I'm a c/d cup... Any advice?
super-cat202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #3000
Kelley
Devil of Details

... What do you need to do ? Is there some special issue ?

What's the problem ?? O__o