Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 246 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 09-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #3556
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKlover View Post
Hey! So, I need help. I'm a D cup and i'm on the heavy side too~ =______= I also have very broad shoulders. So i pretty much have a guys body. I do ALOT of guys cosplay (secretly cuz of parental issues) but im having some issues with binding. I have a frog bra, and by itself I can get to C, maybe a large B. I wanted to be able to get to A, maybe flat... I have one ace bandage (3") but it doesn't like me and won't stay in place like I want it to... Any suggestions? I can't buy a binder (parental issues and money issues)... Thanks~ ^^
Natalie
Last 3 peeps. I'm large chested too 3 Ds. Kinda like Yugioh, but missing a D. lol Any way, I've had a lot of people suggest the tri top compression shirt, I forget the website but it's on these threads. And I've also had friends as well as people on here suggest a waist cincer and pulling it over your chest paired with perhaps a sports bra or the wide stretch bands you can buy at joanne's or hobby lobby. Also, if you want to check out underarmor.com they have compression shirts for men and women. I'm going to try one out plus I can use it to work out too, the one I'm planning on getting is under 30 dollars, since underarmor can get pricey, but most of the compression bras and shirts I looked at were under 30. Honestly you'll have to try out things that work for you but best so far that I've heard is the tri top compression shirt works the best. I think the girl posted on this forum but her chest I believe is larger then mine and she got her chest pretty "flat". So if you can I would suggest that.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #3557
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

^ Thanks~ I'm just iffy because of my parents (they hate the fact that I bind, especially my mom) and If that wasn't an issue I would totally get a bunder~ <3 i'm currently using a sports bra (i believe it's a frog bra) and i have gotten comments that i am now a large B, or c cup. I mean, that's improvement, but you can definately still tell I have boobs. ._____= So I will try and get one. If not, then... idk. *sigh*

~Otakon 21~

Chieko (Kuragehime) 0% (Planning) (Friday)
Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians)- 15% (wig only) (Friday Night)
Sollux Captor (Homestuck)- 100% (Saturday Morning)
Tsukimi Kurashita (Kurageshite (Jellyfish Princess) )- 50% (Saturday afternoon)
God Tier! Dave Strider (Homestuck)- 85% (Sunday)

See you guys in Baltimore~!

VKlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #3558
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
^ Thanks~ I'm just iffy because of my parents (they hate the fact that I bind, especially my mom) and If that wasn't an issue I would totally get a bunder~ <3 i'm currently using a sports bra (i believe it's a frog bra) and i have gotten comments that i am now a large B, or c cup. I mean, that's improvement, but you can definately still tell I have boobs. ._____= So I will try and get one. If not, then... idk. *sigh*
Like I said if you go to walmart or a mall you can try a waist cincer, I've heard those work pretty well for large chests. I think yours are smaller then mine so they might even work better. And heck, if your mom's buying it for you then it wouldn't seem odd since it's suppose to smooth out your figure. Unless she finds that kind of thing odd, which I wouldn't know since she's not my mom. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #3559
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

I tried that once and she was like "what the hell do you need this for?" and I was all "I want a smaller waist..." It was awkward. I might be able to buy one myself tomorrow, as I go in base every day, and I go to my local px every once in a while.... Thanks~

~Otakon 21~

Unread 09-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #3560
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
I tried that once and she was like "what the hell do you need this for?" and I was all "I want a smaller waist..." It was awkward. I might be able to buy one myself tomorrow, as I go in base every day, and I go to my local px every once in a while.... Thanks~
Oh okay, I didn't know if you could buy it yourself to save you the problem. lol But no problem. I'm going to try it out myself and see if it makes any difference for me.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #3561
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

Ok, so I wasn't able to go today, but I went to CVS and got myself some sports tape xD And it's the large one, wide one. Idk if that'll help at all, but i'll try it with my frog bra on. ^^

~Otakon 21~

Unread 09-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #3562
cleverusername

Earlier today i went out and bought a girdle that was on sale, and it works like a charm for me! thanks for the help and the advice!
cleverusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #3563
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
Earlier today i went out and bought a girdle that was on sale, and it works like a charm for me! thanks for the help and the advice!
That's great to hear~!! ^^

~Otakon 21~

Unread 09-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #3564
belligerent
Viking Metal

http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=200

Does anybody have any experience with this binder?

I'm going to be cosplaying Wolverine (probably in casual format, with the tanktop and jeans) and the binder I have (a black tritop) won't really work with that. If there's a good binder I can wear tanktops with, where the straps won't show and make it super obvious I'm binding, or if there's another way around this, thanks in advance!

I'm pretty flat already, so I probably don't need super compression, but I'd still like to look as male and manchested as possible.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #3565
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=200

Does anybody have any experience with this binder?

I'm going to be cosplaying Wolverine (probably in casual format, with the tanktop and jeans) and the binder I have (a black tritop) won't really work with that. If there's a good binder I can wear tanktops with, where the straps won't show and make it super obvious I'm binding, or if there's another way around this, thanks in advance!

I'm pretty flat already, so I probably don't need super compression, but I'd still like to look as male and manchested as possible.
It is perfectly possible to trim down the edges on Underworks binders so they don't peek out annoyingly. You'll want to serge the edges, to keep them from stretching out, and also because they tend to be pointy and uncomfortable. If the binder shows on the armholes, a handy trick is to shorten the straps on the tanktop. I'm probably a good deal bigger than you, and this was my result of using both methods. The binder I used was a rather old and somewhat worn out one, because I didn't want to risk one of my nice ones in case it didn't work, but I'm happy to inform everyone that it does.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #3566
Taemin8
Panicky Perfectionist

One method i did recently on short notice, used duct tape and a sports bra. Im a size C so its not to easy but it does make a difference. Take the sports bra so you get the copression that comes with it and then use duct tape to bind it (only on the bra) and if you only use duct tape on the front side it can be re-used. its not too uncomfortable and re-usable.
Taemin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #3567
Azayakachan

So, I'm a C cup. Do you think its feasible for me to bind my chest flat enough to crossplay? I really don't want any sign of my bust to be visible if I'm going to crossplay. And the character is Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist.
Azayakachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #3568
DarkusAngelus
seanstartrunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayakachan View Post
So, I'm a C cup. Do you think its feasible for me to bind my chest flat enough to crossplay? I really don't want any sign of my bust to be visible if I'm going to crossplay. And the character is Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist.
It is definitely feasible. May not be totally flat, unless you bind extremely tight (which I don't recommend). If you bind comfortably, you may end up looking like you've got some pecs. I'm saying this from my own experience, since I bind everyday and I'm also a C. Also, I recommend using a binder over ACE bandages. If you can manage to pull something off with a sports bra and/or compression shirt that'd be good too.
DarkusAngelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #3569
blacknekohinata

Ok my breasts are 46DD (according to my measurements) and I have little money to be trying methods that MAY work. Every person I've seen talking about things that work are smaller than me. Or are using methods that can give you bruises. That can cause breast cancer and that's already a threat for me so those methods are way out. Can someone please give me a good way to bind a chest my size?
blacknekohinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #3570
Konkatsu
failure

OK!
i would like to know!
i am thinking of getting a Underwork's FTM binder (if that matters...)

if i chest-bind, and my boobs (large B/small C) are lets say ...compressed all the way down to a A and unoticeable, what about my stomache? (its pretty chubby)
would it interfer with the crossplay?
i would imagine the stomache would buldge out? <do not want buldging stomache/other fatty areas like underarms...>
Konkatsu is offline   Reply With Quote