Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 195 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 10-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #3571
Konkatsu
failure

<oops!! double post!! please delete?>
Konkatsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2011, 03:58 AM   #3572
Akali
Heart of the sword

I've heard rumours that it really hurts. ._.

Cosplay:
Kenshin Himura - Rurouni Kenshin. 100%
Angewomon - Digimon. 100%
Pichu - Pokčmon. 100%
The Witch - Left 4 Dead. 100%
Stuart "2-D" Tusspot - Gorillaz. 100%
Real Noodle - Gorillaz. 100%
Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. 100%
Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Carribean. 100%
Stocking - Panty and Stocking. 20 %
Akali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #3573
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknekohinata View Post
Ok my breasts are 46DD (according to my measurements) and I have little money to be trying methods that MAY work. Every person I've seen talking about things that work are smaller than me. Or are using methods that can give you bruises. That can cause breast cancer and that's already a threat for me so those methods are way out. Can someone please give me a good way to bind a chest my size?
Chest binders. Underworks are a godsend. I'm DD myself, though 36, and my Tri-Top works pretty damn well.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #3574
Stina006
Even in darkness...

- I was looking at underworks but didn't know of any girl used them before...
So I'm thinking of getting the same type you got, even though mine are a 36D. However, I want to be completely flat. Do you think it'll work for me?
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon

Last edited by Stina006 : 11-03-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #3575
maccasmiz

Being a uber Tintin geek, naturally he was the only real character I want to cosplay at a comic convention in two weeks. I am the right height build for it and my hair is sorted too. Problem is, I am quite busty. I'm a 32 E

I have never cosplayed a male character before and need to bind my chest. It's still quite obvious even when using the sportsbra/swimming costume method. I managed to halve the size using this, but it isn't good enough. And money isn't exactly abundant for me :S

But luckily the jumper I have for the costume isn't too tight fitting [as it should be for Tintin] but it's still obvious.

Any advice?
maccasmiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #3576
arockalyptica
Amature costumer

Underworks are my hero! Im 38E usually, but with this on, I am practically flat! They work shockingly well ( i used it for my matt cosplay, I looked ok, but am too chunky to cosplay him ^_^, looked like a guy tho, which is the main thing)
arockalyptica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #3577
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

I have been thinking lately, that I really should start binding when I cosplay because in some photos, my chest shows a lot and it looks really bad :P

So, which Underworks binder should I buy? I went on their site (This is the page I was looking at), and they have so many, kinda confused as to which one would help me get really flat (I'm a 36C, I hate my boobs, they're too big!)
And should I use one that binds both my chest and my stomach or just one with chest only compression?
Unread 11-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #3578
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

So yesterday evening I ordered my first binder from Underworks (Tri-top, because I've heard most and best things about it) and oh gosh, I can't wait for it to arrive! I've been wanting to buy one for so long and now I finally can do so~ (yay for being 18 and have own Visa)

I'll probably buy myself one more later so I can wear one everyday... I'd feel a lot better... yes, I have gender issues, thank you very much.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #3579
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

do these tri biner things hurt? do you feel them?
Unread 11-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #3580
Sanguinary

Umm, some help please, I've never crossplayed before but am going as America from Hetalia. Since this is my first time, and I'm on a very tight budget (having spent most of my funds on the actual costume) I have no idea what to do, being a 28G (no jks, and I'm only 16!). Are there any beginners tips, or things that you should definitely not do, that you could tell me?
Sanguinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #3581
VKlover
Natalie Cristina Ruiz

Hey guys!!! I'm back! And I have some good news~ I might be getting a new binder soon, with my school's GSA Club's help. I came up with the idea to have a fundraiser to get binders for trans and tomboys who can't afford a binder or because of personal issues~ I'm under the tomboy category~ And so are two or three of my good friends. Hopefully, we have a chance to do that so ppl can get the binders they need~ And so that I can get rid of my slight disphoria. ^^ Other than that, I'm still using ace bandages (I now have 3 6" wide bandages and I am still using 2 looser sports bras and the frog bra I have. The thing I hate about that though is I have to wait until I get to school to do it. =______= so... I want get rid of the bandages so I don't have to carry a huge bundle of bandages in my backpack. =____=;;

~Otakon 21~

Chieko (Kuragehime) 0% (Planning) (Friday)
Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians)- 15% (wig only) (Friday Night)
Sollux Captor (Homestuck)- 100% (Saturday Morning)
Tsukimi Kurashita (Kurageshite (Jellyfish Princess) )- 50% (Saturday afternoon)
God Tier! Dave Strider (Homestuck)- 85% (Sunday)

See you guys in Baltimore~!

VKlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #3582
Goemomo

Hello there!

Does anyone know of a place in Toronto that sells Underworks stuff and chest binders aside from 'Come As You Are'?

Thanks!
Unread 12-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #3583
dacrazycat
Lost on the road.

Hi!
I'm thinking on buying a compression shirt(http://www.underworks.com/997.html). I don't got a big chest really, I got A, but still, I am annoyed with the bandage method, it just hurts, takes time etc.
However, I live in Sweden, and the sizes is not the same here than in the USA. So I am trying to figure out which size I am going to buy. I do not at all understand the sizes on that site, plus that it is men sizes. I tend to buy clothes from the men section, and then I buy medium cuz I wan't it to be baggy. In the women section I also buy medium but then it won't become baggy.
Anyhow, about a compression shirt it is not supposed to be baggy. And I don't know if the S, M, L etc is the same here as in the USA. So I wonder if someone maybe could explain the sizes a bit... Thanks! :3
dacrazycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #3584
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrazycat View Post
Hi!
I'm thinking on buying a compression shirt(http://www.underworks.com/997.html). I don't got a big chest really, I got A, but still, I am annoyed with the bandage method, it just hurts, takes time etc.
However, I live in Sweden, and the sizes is not the same here than in the USA. So I am trying to figure out which size I am going to buy. I do not at all understand the sizes on that site, plus that it is men sizes. I tend to buy clothes from the men section, and then I buy medium cuz I wan't it to be baggy. In the women section I also buy medium but then it won't become baggy.
Anyhow, about a compression shirt it is not supposed to be baggy. And I don't know if the S, M, L etc is the same here as in the USA. So I wonder if someone maybe could explain the sizes a bit... Thanks! :3
I'm from Finland/Sweden too so maybe I can help. Err, first you need to take your measurements like they say on their page here, it's okay if you only have a centimeter measurement tape.. but if you can then Ikea should carry those free paper measurement tapes with inches on one side and metric system on other. At least they do up here in Haparanda. lol Oh well, just use a converter online if not, so you get your measurements in inches.
Then you add both measurements together and divide them by two, the number you get you should put in the scale for S/M/L/whatever for the binder you want to buy and then you'll see what size you should get.

Sorry if my explanation makes no sense or is confusing...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #3585
Tofu Delivery

Hello I couldn't find my post that asked this question before but I was wondering, besides underworks and t-kingdom, is there any other place to get binders for less than 200 dollars or 150? I wanted to pay around the range of 50-60 dollars or a bit more into 70-80 at the most.
Tofu Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote