Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 422 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #3691
AckermanCosplay

I have a 36c chest and I will be cosplaying ciel phantomhive next year. it is my first time crossplaying. Can anyone help me?
AckermanCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #3692
StarsOfCassiopeia
Sparkle & Shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruttaKanashii View Post
I have a 32D chest and I want to get an Underworks binder. The problem, though, is that I'm very petite-only five three- and skinny, so I'm worried that the length of the 997 which allows you to tuck it in would just be too long for me and end up creating a doughnut of cloth around my hips. Should I get that one or go with the Tri-Top?
I'm curious about how long the 997 is too-- I'm a couple inches taller than KuruttaKanashii, but for Link I'll be wearing a tunic that isn't terribly long.

For those of you that own it, how far does the 997 come down on you? Somewhere around your waist, or hips?
  • Blanche (Pokemon GO): 0% (Planning) MAGfest 2017
  • Lelouch [Emperor Robes] (Code Geass) : ??% (Patterning) Katsucon 2017
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #3693
remuke
trash dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMikuFan1 View Post
I have a 36c chest and I will be cosplaying ciel phantomhive next year. it is my first time crossplaying. Can anyone help me?
I've got the same bust size, and so far the only thing that's really worked for me (that I could afford, anyway) was one of those Spanx shirts. It didn't get me completely flat, but I was wearing a jacket (cosplaying Simon from Gurren Lagann) that I tailored a bit big and was able to...erm. Shift the boobs around, so that they gave the desired impression. For all anyone knew, I was a Simon with impressive pecs :>

I'm still looking into other options re: what's affordable or not, but the Spanx shirt cost me $25 and actually didn't look too bad when I cosplayed as Tiger from Tiger&Bunny. I surprised at least a couple of people when they found out I was a girl!
remuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #3694
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMikuFan1 View Post
I'm the same size and I use the Tri-Top really successfully. Granted, it isn't cheap, but it is so worth it.

2016 Plans: MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #3695
jessamacookie
Superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterfell View Post
Hey, new here and I'm curious about binding. I'd rather make sure to do it right before I hurt myself.

I'm 40DD (I feel defeated already lol) and have been looking into this site as well a this style.

http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/en..._english.shtml

The faqs recommended this one for larger breasts size. Mostly I came here to get a second opinion on whether this will be good enough to keep my size down without looking too awkward. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Hey!
I'm a 32DD and I got this one from T-kingdom (http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/en..._english.shtml) to see how it would work. I would have gone for the one you linked but I didn't want the zip at the front.

Overall it works pretty well It flattened me out (all be it with this much up there I still had a bit of a bulge) and was really comfortable. I wore it for 2 days for about 6-8 hours and never once felt like I was being pinched, squashed or aching. It freaked my boyfriend out when I walked out and lost a few sizes!
I realised after the weekend that with a bit of moving around I could move my boobs lower down in the binder to make them feel less like they're almost at my shoulders which made them look better. It's all about making ti fit with your body shape and what feels comfy.

So from my experience I would recommend trying something from them if you want something more affordable than other places.
jessamacookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #3696
sunflowercandy
SMAAAASH!!

Hey I have a question sorry if it' been asked before but I'm looking for a shirt binder, I've been crossplaying for about 3 years now and as much as I love the sports bra and bandage wrap way, I want to invest in a binding shirt instead and I found this site for binders http://www.t-kingdom.com/ I just wanted to know if it's any good and if you guys would recommend anything, thank you in advance c:

Delinquent Totty - Osomatsu-San - 10%
Todomatsu - Osomatsu-San - 95%
Crossdressing Totty- Osomatsu-San - 10%
Flower Festival Todomatsu - Osomatsu-San - 85%
sunflowercandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #3697
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Some people love T Kingdom. I think that's what the Parle Productions people (or at least Kelly Jane) use. But I also hear that Underworks is just as good, but much less expensive.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #3698
jessamacookie
Superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowercandy View Post
Hey I have a question sorry if it' been asked before but I'm looking for a shirt binder, I've been crossplaying for about 3 years now and as much as I love the sports bra and bandage wrap way, I want to invest in a binding shirt instead and I found this site for binders http://www.t-kingdom.com/ I just wanted to know if it's any good and if you guys would recommend anything, thank you in advance c:
I've bought something from T-kingdom and have had a positive experience with it (my post is above yours).

underworks is another name I found while researching for a chest binder and plan to try them out next. i quickly checked each site and the binder I bought and a tank top one from underworks are similar price so it depends on if you want to save pennys (the shipping might be a clincher i guess) or what kind of binder you're after e.g. full chest, tank top, sports bra style, etc.

Current Project: Fai & Kurogane from Tsubasa
Past outfits: Neku (TWEWY), Grell (Kuroshitsuji), Matt (Digimon), Miyavi, Aoi (the GazettE)
Dream outfit: Zato1 or Testament from Guilty Gear
jessamacookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #3699
kitdesertoffate

Im new to this site and heard good things! So I hope to get great advice from you guys. So I am 36D and was wondering on how to bind This will be my first official crossplay. I'm going to be Ittoki Otoya. =D I have researched and what seems to work pretty well are binder shirts for girls who are on the bigger side in the chest area. I know T-kingdom and underworks sell them. Are they reliable?
kitdesertoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #3700
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Yes, Underworks is very reliable. I recommend them.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #3701
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

I was going to try out underworks just because they're a tad cheaper then tkingdom though I've heard good about both sites. I was wondering for underworks how you figure out your size? My chest is 40 in but I was looking at Akune-chan's post wondering how you figure out the average. Like you add your bust with your under bust, add them together, then find the average? I'm looking at this model of shirt, I heard the tri-top works well too but I wanted the longer shirt to flatten out my stomach a bit too.

http://www.underworks.com/988.html

What about the woman's tri top chest binder? I was bored and just looking through the website. Don't know how well it would work for larger chested women though.

http://www.underworks.com/bras/983.html

So I do I find the size/measurement the way that Akune-chan did? I finally wanted to try crossplaying so first of all I'll need a compression shirt. XD
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)

Last edited by Kawaii Pocky : 11-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #3702
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Sorry if that sounded dumb and redundant. XD
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #3703
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
I was going to try out underworks just because they're a tad cheaper then tkingdom though I've heard good about both sites. I was wondering for underworks how you figure out your size? My chest is 40 in but I was looking at Akune-chan's post wondering how you figure out the average. Like you add your bust with your under bust, add them together, then find the average? I'm looking at this model of shirt, I heard the tri-top works well too but I wanted the longer shirt to flatten out my stomach a bit too.

http://www.underworks.com/988.html

What about the woman's tri top chest binder? I was bored and just looking through the website. Don't know how well it would work for larger chested women though.

http://www.underworks.com/bras/983.html

So I do I find the size/measurement the way that Akune-chan did? I finally wanted to try crossplaying so first of all I'll need a compression shirt. XD
After averaging the way you describe above, I then went up 2 or 3 sizes and bought the men's tri-top. It worked out well.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #3704
Tiramisuki

Okay, so I've been shopping around for a new binder. The makeshift one I've been using (something along the lines of shapewear) really isn't cutting it anymore, so I decided to take the plunge and get myself a real binder.

The thing is, I don't know a whole lot about binders, so I'm not sure which one to choose. I looked through Underworks, but I got a little confused/overwhelmed by all of the options, especially since half of them look exactly the same. I bought a binder from there before, but it was too small/uncomfortable, so I had to return it. I think I may have just underestimated my bust size at the time.

Anyways, I'm just a 34B, so I don't need the same super compression as a D-cup, but sports bras aren't quite enough. My friend uses a full-length binder, which I appreciate, but I'd also like my options open so that I could show some stomach if I needed too without having to buy another new binder for that. However, I've heard that the really short binders can be uncomfortable because of the way they distribute pressure. (Is it possible to get a full-length chest binder, and fold the bottom half up to make it appear shorter, or would that be a bad idea?) I know T-kingdom has some shorter binders, but they're also quite pricey, and I am worried about a half-binder being uncomfortable. At this time, I am leaning towards a full-length binder just to keep it simple, but I would like to make an educated purchase.

Does anyone have any tips on selecting a size or advice on which binder to choose?
Sorry if any of these questions seem silly.
Tiramisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #3705
RainbowShy

Haha, well, I don't have time to go through 248 pages, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but what would you recommend for someone who is larger and trying to pass for a boy. I can get a larger shirt for the character I'm cosplaying - no problem - but I still need to get flatter. And when I say large, I'm like a G-cup.
I'm guessing I will likely need to use a few different methods together to pull it off.
Maybe compression top and binder?
RainbowShy is offline   Reply With Quote