Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 246 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 01-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #3721
hippiewriter
Socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelh View Post
Would a binder hurt developing boobs?
I think it would be fine as long as you don't wear the binder super often.
hippiewriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #3722
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neelh View Post
Would a binder hurt developing boobs?
I am pretty sure that it would. I know I've seen it mentioned on this thread that binding often is not a good idea if you're still growing because it can be damaging. I can't be sure if you shouldn't do tight binding period or just need to be careful about it. If you can, do a search on the thread. I know it's been brought up before.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #3723
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Okay. Thanks. ^.^

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #3724
sphenisciforme

I got my Underworks tri-top binder in the mail today and wow, I'm really impressed by the results! For sizing I did what's been recommended here (averaging your bust and under bust measurements) and from that ordered a size small. I think a medium would have worked better because I couldn't get it on at first but after some major stretching out of the small I can get it on and off just fine!

Just thought I'd add what my experience with sizing was since I see questions about that getting asked a lot here :3
Anri Sonohara (Durarara!!)

Upcoming Cons
Anime Detour 2013
sphenisciforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #3725
epicserendipity
Love the wind in my hair

Wow, this thread is exactly what I've been looking for! I've been trying to find a way to compress my 36DDs in order to crossplay for the first time, but the ace bandages really restricted my breathing. The sport tape method sounds like the best route, even as an aid over a simple ace bandage --since it stated that it might not work with anything over a B. I'm trying to get the flat chest look with the ability to breathe. Anyone who's been to the LA convention center knows there's a LOT of walking involved, and I don't want to pass out from the train station to the front door. I'll try this and see how it works out. Thanks for the helpful tips.

Future Cons: Anime Expo 2014 (L.A)

FINISHED PROJECTS:

100%: Yosuke Hanamura (Many outfits) (Persona 4)
Current Projects:
Junpei Iori (Persona 3 --with my friends.)

Kaoru Kamiya - Kendo uniform (Rurouni Kenshin -anime)
My Youtube Channel (I sing and stuff here.)
BTVA voice acting profile
epicserendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #3726
munchkincora

Thanks for the advice! ^^ I'm sure it will help in the future. But I'm not sure it will help me to get a man chest. I've glared at my mom more then a few times for giving me her chest, hat makes me laugh is the fact that she's apologized on more then one occasion. xD
munchkincora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #3727
LeanaMee101
Day Dreamer

I'm still trying to confirm completely what bra size I am, but according to my step mom (who sells bras and stuff), I'm either a 38B or 38C (I personally think it's the 38C). I'll be confirming later on in the week.

But anyway, I'm trying to find a way to flatten myself down and have been looking at the Ultimate Chest Binder Tank from Underworks (Style 997) but I wanted opinions on it and if there was a way to confirm my size? Also, how long is the shirt if anyone knows?

Based off Akune-chan's post, I did the average (came out to 38in) and looking at the sizes for the binder above, I come out to be a medium. But I AM on the chubby size and only 5'2"....any hints or help figuring out my size would be awesome? I really want to get a binder before next convention. :x

I'm only looking at that binder cause of my chub but would a Tri-Top be better in my case? I'm attempting to slim up this year anyway.
  • Anime Expo (Confirmed - Artist Alley)
  • K-Con (Confirmed)

2014 Cosplay Plans
  • Red (Pokemon) - 50% complete
  • Yukine (Noragami) - 10% complete
  • G:amma (Alphabat) - 90% complete
  • Onew (SHINee) - 10% complete
  • Dongwoo "Special Girl" (Infinite)
  • Jung Kook "No More Dream" (BTS) - 50% complete
2015 Cosplay Plans
  • High Priestess (Ragnarok Online)
LeanaMee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #3728
elfqueenvik

One thing that also works is proper layering, with the right clothing you can bind them a bit or create the illusion that you dont have any. For example for a couple of the crossplays I have done i wore a sports bra (nothing fancy just one without padding or anything) and a stretchy tank top that is more like an active wear tank top or a piece of shape wear. The for one of the costumes I wore armor and that took care of the rest and the other I wore a shirt that is a size larger than I am and a vest that does not have any shape to it . If you do it right and take the shape of the garment into account you should be able to use this method.
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #3729
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I'm going to crossplay for the first time. I am plus sized so I know it will be a bit more hard to slim myself down as I've only worn a torset for some past cosplays. I'm a 44DDD was thinking of using two C cup sportbras and sports tape or wear a few waist trimmers over my chest instead. I'm new to this so any help is need

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #3730
Celine
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanaMee101 View Post
But anyway, I'm trying to find a way to flatten myself down and have been looking at the Ultimate Chest Binder Tank from Underworks (Style 997) but I wanted opinions on it and if there was a way to confirm my size? Also, how long is the shirt if anyone knows?
I have both the 997 and 983, and since I lost a ton of weight last year went through several different sizes for each. Their measurement recommendation (average your underbust and full bust) is a good idea, so take those and find where you are. If it helps with sizing, I started at a 38DD (M) then went to a 34DD (S) and am now a 32C (XS). My rule of thumb was round down not up since boobs are just fat, they squish down pretty good.

Personally I prefer the 983 since I found the 997 was way too long on me and I'm 5'5". It's about 24" from shoulder to the bottom of the shirt. Because it's so long, it'll roll up unless you've got pants on with a belt to keep it in place. I found it bunched up around my waist. Not uncomfortable, just silly looking.

983 is only like 13" long from the shoulder. The actual construction is exactly the same as the 997, it's just much shorter (ends at my ribcage). I thought I'd like the 997 better to help smooth the tummy area and all, but I hated the bunching & rolling up and now that I'm thinner I don't really worry about my waist at all.

Regardless of which one you go with, my best piece of advice is do NOT put the binder on over your head like you would a shirt. It is 900% easier to put it on upside down bringing it up from your hips than down over your head. Seriously. I wish someone had told me that before I wore my first binder.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #3731
LeanaMee101
Day Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
I have both the 997 and 983, and since I lost a ton of weight last year went through several different sizes for each. Their measurement recommendation (average your underbust and full bust) is a good idea, so take those and find where you are. If it helps with sizing, I started at a 38DD (M) then went to a 34DD (S) and am now a 32C (XS). My rule of thumb was round down not up since boobs are just fat, they squish down pretty good.

Personally I prefer the 983 since I found the 997 was way too long on me and I'm 5'5". It's about 24" from shoulder to the bottom of the shirt. Because it's so long, it'll roll up unless you've got pants on with a belt to keep it in place. I found it bunched up around my waist. Not uncomfortable, just silly looking.

983 is only like 13" long from the shoulder. The actual construction is exactly the same as the 997, it's just much shorter (ends at my ribcage). I thought I'd like the 997 better to help smooth the tummy area and all, but I hated the bunching & rolling up and now that I'm thinner I don't really worry about my waist at all.

Regardless of which one you go with, my best piece of advice is do NOT put the binder on over your head like you would a shirt. It is 900% easier to put it on upside down bringing it up from your hips than down over your head. Seriously. I wish someone had told me that before I wore my first binder.
Just so I'm kinda getting the right idea, if my average full bust and bandsize is 38, I would be looking at a Large? As their large is 37-40? (For 983)

If the 997 is long on you, it will be for sure long on me. I'm 5'2". This year and probably next year is solely on losing weight so I'm not going to purchase a binder until closer towards summer just in case.

Thanks for all the information and advice I actually saw a video on how to put it on without much of a hassle so I hope it works out in the end..haha
  • Anime Expo (Confirmed - Artist Alley)
  • K-Con (Confirmed)

2014 Cosplay Plans
  • Red (Pokemon) - 50% complete
  • Yukine (Noragami) - 10% complete
  • G:amma (Alphabat) - 90% complete
  • Onew (SHINee) - 10% complete
  • Dongwoo "Special Girl" (Infinite)
  • Jung Kook "No More Dream" (BTS) - 50% complete
2015 Cosplay Plans
  • High Priestess (Ragnarok Online)
LeanaMee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #3732
sphenisciforme

Hey everyone, I took some pictures wearing my Underworks tri-top binder and thought I would share! On the left is me unbound (34 C) and the right is with the binder on.

For some reason the shirt I was wearing clung to the binder and bunched up a bit, probably because of the material of the shirt was really thin. Wearing a thicker shirt or adding an undershirt would probably have fixed it but I wasn't thinking of that at the time, heh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bindingcomparison.jpg (45.7 KB, 0 views)
Anri Sonohara (Durarara!!)

Upcoming Cons
Anime Detour 2013
sphenisciforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #3733
Akune-chan

AAAAAAAAAND here's Johnny!
-shot-

Thank you all for helping me out when I was asking for help about binders but I have to say that I'm back. Why?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
That's why.

Do you see that? That boobage? Ffft damn, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing a binder. Well probably cause I'm not....-sweatdrop- I was wearing an extra small/small sports bra and at the end of the three days at Comic Con I had welts going down my neck to my shoulder blades. Not very pleasant...

So since you now know/have an idea of what my upper body looks like, which binder do you think will be best to cover all of that? (and I mean ALL OF THAT, TUMMY INCLUDED). I am 5'8/5'9, 38A/38B.

Edit:
After looking at the photos again...It doesn't look like I would really need a binder that much, however does it look passable? I am kinda nit picky with my crossplays so ><;

Last edited by Akune-chan : 03-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #3734
pyrodancer

Hi folks, I figured I'd leave this link here for anyone who might be interested in an open shirt binding tutorial. Keep in mind that there are plenty of other ways to bind, this is simply just one way, and hopefully it helps some crossplayers out :3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...84221&ty pe=3
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #3735
Phantomhive1136

Im going to cosplay Ciel Phantomhive this summer, and I have a small chest size. Should I even bother biding my chest. Ill be wearing a jacket so you cant tell im a girl, but if I take off my jacket(wearing a vest) you can bearly tell Im a girl. Should I even bother? Sorry new cosplayer here.
Phantomhive1136 is offline   Reply With Quote