Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 275 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 12-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #3796
MadeOStarStuff

So DD cup size has been discussed for binding, but what about larger? Anyone have any recommendations for binding with a bra size of 30F? Would the compression shirt work?? I have a binder that I bought back when I was a C cup, and while it used to work great the fat just relocates to spill out the arm holes now.....
MadeOStarStuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-06-2014, 11:04 PM   #3797
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftstart View Post
How good is the $6 one? I'm a 34B which I know is basically no boobs, but I'm curious as to how effective it is? Because I don't want to buy just some extra layer of fabric or something; I want something I know will work
If you're a 34B I think you'll be fine, I bought one of these and I'm a 36C. It didn't get me completely flat but it does do a good enough job of hiding the important dimensions that people would normally see without a binder. I personally think this was a worthwhile investment.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:18 AM   #3798
Lachiesis

The link for the 6$ binder is dead... was it one of these : http://imgur.com/WVGvHSI ? I've seen some of them for like 4$ including shipping on ebay, but I'm a bit wary since I've never bought one before...
Lachiesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #3799
poetictragedy

I wore my first crossplay at Ohayocon this weekend, and it went pretty well, but I have some questions about binding.

I used the open-shirt tape method, using white medical tape and Elastikon as materials. The white tape did most of the work, and I used the Elastikon mostly as reenforcement, and to do a strip all the way around my back, so make sure it stayed. I was nervous using only Elastikon because I've seen it rip fur off of animals at work, and I didn't want that to happen to my skin.

I tested the method at home one day, and wore it for about 3 hours. Everything went really well, and it removed fairly easily.

At the convention, I did exactly the same thing, however, I wore the binding for about 16 hours, which probably wasn't the best situation. I ended up getting blisters from (I think) where there may have been small gaps or friction areas in the white tape.

I was thinking about getting a binder, but most of the ones I've seen are cut too high, and would show under the cosplay's shirt; it's a deep v-neck, going almost to the bottom of my sternum.

The blisters are small and I'm sure they'll heal, but I'm wondering if I should have done something differently, or if there is another method I could try.
Ranmaru Kurosaki - Uta no Prince-sama [COMPLETE]
Cain - Starfighter [COMPLETE]
Tokiya Ichinose - Uta no Prince-Sama [COMPLETE]
Yato - Noragami [COMPLETE]

2014 CONVENTIONS:
Ohayocon, Shutocon, Colossalcon, Youmacon
poetictragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #3800
kei_kanna_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeOStarStuff View Post
So DD cup size has been discussed for binding, but what about larger? Anyone have any recommendations for binding with a bra size of 30F? Would the compression shirt work?? I have a binder that I bought back when I was a C cup, and while it used to work great the fat just relocates to spill out the arm holes now.....
I'm a 30F or 28FF depending on bra and I've recently bought this binder and it works great, It's gotten me the flattest I've ever achieved binding. I just bought the strapless version so I'm not sure how well that one works yet.
kei_kanna_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 05:03 AM   #3801
aoiaoi
Mistress Myst

So I see the techniques for big boobs using binders with straps~ but~
There's a character I want to crossplay that has a strapless top. What methods are there for 34DD / F that works and don't have straps~?
Hope that explanation is clear...
aoiaoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #3802
Sirius53Black
Minion

Recently I ran into the problem of having open shoulders and needing binding that wouldn't have any straps. I usually used a sports bra with duck tape over top of it to bind but that just wouldn't work as the cosplay only had small straps and you would have seen a sports bra for sure.

I solved this by using a girdle that normally would go over your stomach (the kind with the hooks) and instead of using it around my stomach I pulled it around my breasts. It flattened everything pretty good but I wanted it a bit flatter so I did a few rows of duck tape over top it. It was the perfect solution! I wore it for my Kurogane cosplay for two days and didn't have any issues even though on average I was wearing it for 12+ hours one day.

I'm pretty chesty so I think that this would work for most cosplayers that needed something of the same sort. I was in fact mistaken for male by another cosplayer. so at the time I took it as a compliment. Lol.

Kurogane - Tusbasa Chronicles
Rengiku -Bleach
Yato - Noragami

Sirius53Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #3803
SharpieItBlack
Tattoo & Cosplay Addict

Could I use binding to make my chest size go down but not completely flat? I'm a 34F in UK bra brands (6" difference from underbust measurement to my overbust measurement). And the character I wanna cosplay is like an A cup. Could I use a compression shirt, or the Ace bandage method to "size down"?
Unread 05-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #3804
iPhanner
iPhanner

Hello all! I am new to the Crossplaying community, and I have a major-ass problem: I am a Plus-size CURVY asian chick who is absolutely feminine to the bone naturally. Long-eyelashes, round face, DD's breasts, thin-ish waist [still have some pudge], and big natural hips. Huge ass.

I recently bought a pants that are a size 40. I wanted a baggy pair of jeans but these were tight on my ass unfortunately. D: > Tight on the thighs/butt area, and it's not enough UNF of manliness whatsoever.

Is there anyway I can slim down the lower hip area to make it seem like I DON'T have a butt?

I am also wondering if underworks binders work any good either.

I may be a plus-size chick, but I want to just try and pull off as a guy in general. DX Any suggestions..?
iPhanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #3805
niiroroze.rc

Ok i know I can't cosplay a girl whose almost flat, or a guy for that matter. Is there a way besides exs I've bras and tape to down size the size of my breast so to look normal....I'm a 34 J ( Ten inch difference)......-_- and all the binding really makes it hard for me to breathe in every method.....

Last edited by niiroroze.rc : 05-26-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: size was wrong
niiroroze.rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 02:05 AM   #3806
Amanita

I need to bind for my first armored cosplay (Character is male, and it's easier to get armor to fit if you don't have huge boobs in the way), but I'm quite plus sized- 52" around the chest with a regular bra on. Do they make binders for my size, and if not, what can I do?
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #3807
Swiftstart

Hi all I have a question not for me, but for a friend. my friend is having breast recovery surgery (think like a lumpectomy) in the near future, which will mean the insertion of breast implants into the damaged breast, and maybe also into the other in regards to making sizing even.
however my friend would love to crossplay Gil from Pandora Hearts but is uncertain if boobs with implants can be bound. she's either a large b cup or a small c, not sure off hand.
would she be better off just dealing with unboundness? he has a large cravat/coat, or designing a genderbend?
please help!
Unread 05-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #3808
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
I need to bind for my first armored cosplay (Character is male, and it's easier to get armor to fit if you don't have huge boobs in the way), but I'm quite plus sized- 52" around the chest with a regular bra on. Do they make binders for my size, and if not, what can I do?
Underworks does make them that size (which you've probably out found since you've posted this !).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftstart View Post
Hi all I have a question not for me, but for a friend. my friend is having breast recovery surgery (think like a lumpectomy) in the near future, which will mean the insertion of breast implants into the damaged breast, and maybe also into the other in regards to making sizing even.
however my friend would love to crossplay Gil from Pandora Hearts but is uncertain if boobs with implants can be bound. she's either a large b cup or a small c, not sure off hand.
would she be better off just dealing with unboundness? he has a large cravat/coat, or designing a genderbend?
please help!
My friend who got breast implants was told that once they were well-healed that she could bind them if she wanted to.

Your friend should ask their surgeon this just to be safe since different methods and types of implant might pose different risks.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #3809
elomlo-middie

Okay, so I am just going to come out of my little hidey-hole here and say that I am not willing to bind my chest with Ace bandages. I am going to have to bind my chest this December, though. Would cutting a slit in the crotch of compression shorts and putting my head in that slit work? I am wearing a button-up shirt all the way up, so no issues of visibility, plus there is a jacket, closed, over that.
elomlo-middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2014, 02:38 AM   #3810
Eldi
Sneak thief

Does anyone have a personal recommendation for waist-cinchers-as-binders? I'm a small C (~30" bust braless, 26" under bust) and I'd prefer to spend around or under $20. It's actually not for crossplay but a flat-chested female character ^^; but I thought it'd be best to ask here. I've tried the shapeware I already own, but it's not flattening enough so I don't want to just buy random girdles if they may or may not work. Local stores had nothing
Spellthief Lux- League of Legends

Cosplays in Progress:
Alice in Wonderland (Halloween!)
Elin Sorcerer- Tera Rising
Rose Quartz- Steven Universe
Cocoa- Is the Order a Rabbit?
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote