Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 422 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 12-14-2014, 09:25 PM   #3811
manicotti

Hi has anyone found either of these strapless binders to be effective and comfortable?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...949770108.html

http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=199

I'm like 34A so I've only used tight sports bras before, but now I'm planning a cosplay that bares my shoulders and maybe some of my chest. I want to know if either of these binders will work better/be more comfortable than taping over a bandeau. Basically I don't want to spend money on this if they'll give me same compression as a sports bra and be less comfortable.
manicotti is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #3812
heckquius

!!!!never ever use ace bandages or duct tape please just use a normal binder pretty much all of the other binding techniques are extremely dangerous and with ace bandages you could seriously hurt yourself
youre better off spending the money & please get a good binder!! read lots of reviews & stuff (theres a tumblr all about chest binding)
Unread 02-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #3813
Alois_Ciel

compression shirts and binders are the best for chest binding an compression shirts can be found in skin tones for open shirt cosplays
Alois_Ciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #3814
AgentMozell
Mozzie

Guys this is important, please do NOT use ace bandages or tape to bind. You run so many health risks by doing that and health over cosplay please and thank you.

Always use a proper binder from a certified site! Beware of the super cheap binders on ebay because most of them are very bad for your ribcage. ' x'

UPCOMING CONS:
  • Mizuumi-Con 8
  • San Japan 8-Bit
AgentMozell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #3815
tgfr

um hi,this is gonna be my first time cosplaying a guy and im not sure what im doing excatly, will this make my chest look flat? >http://www.ebay.com/itm/Men-Slim-Bod...item4d28de0f88 i saw peoples talking about compression shirts and just want to make sure o~o
tgfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2015, 06:14 AM   #3816
SilverBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfr View Post
um hi,this is gonna be my first time cosplaying a guy and im not sure what im doing excatly, will this make my chest look flat? >http://www.ebay.com/itm/Men-Slim-Bod...item4d28de0f88 i saw peoples talking about compression shirts and just want to make sure o~o
That looks like tummy compressor. Not a chest compressor.
The only compression shirt I'm able to recommend (Because it's the only one I've ever owned)
is this one http://www.underworks.com/men/compre...p-chest-binder
It works really well and it isn't too much. Other than that there are guides online on how to make your own kinds of binders with fabrics and some elastic I believe (I can't guarantee the safety of each guides though).
SilverBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #3817
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

do the binders not work for everyone? cause i bought one and tried it on and all it did was make make my chest look bigger -_-
Anime Boston 2016
FluffyCoatIzaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2015, 02:45 PM   #3818
animenerd93
VIXXEN ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyCoatIzaya View Post
do the binders not work for everyone? cause i bought one and tried it on and all it did was make make my chest look bigger -_-
You probably aren't using the correct size or wrong type. You also kinda need to lift your boobs to the side to make them look more like pecs and less like flattened boobs.... It almost sounds like you are using a shirt that compresses the stomach which pushes up the boobs and ends up making them seem bigger....
Cory- 24K U R So Cute **DEBUT**
PO- Block B Tell Them **DEBUT**
Baro- B1A4 Solo Day (Beach scene) **DEBUT**
POSSIBLE DEBUT: N-mi: VIXX Girls So Hot (VIXX So Hot cover)
CL- 2NE1 I am the Best
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #3819
SilverBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyCoatIzaya View Post
Do you have a link to the binder you're using? Also when you got your binder did you measure under the bust and on the bust (like for a bra) and used the median as your guide on buying the right size?
SilverBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2015, 12:45 AM   #3820
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

i got this one i think : http://www.underworks.com/men/compre...p-chest-binder
so its not a stomach one.

i think i have a L or XL and i'm a 38 bra but a
around breast 4-1 42inches
under breast - 39 inches
and it was tight on me so, i dont think smaller would do me any good nor bigger. It made me look Bigger and i'm a high B cup.
Anime Boston 2016
Unread 03-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #3821
kazooples

I posted a thread for this but probably should have posted here, so I'll just copy and paste, and apologize for making a useless thread.

Sorry if this has been answered before, there's so many topics on binders that I'm kind of lost.. So a while ago I read a post on tumblr recommending this binder for crossplay,

http://www.underworks.com/extreme-ma...nd-binding-bra

I measured myself and was surprised because I'm only about a C cup, but needed at least the second largest size. I bought it, and it's just too tight, at first it doesn't feel too bad but after wearing it for 10 minutes and taking it off, my chest and ribs were hurting quite a lot. I'm not really a big girl, I might not even be a C cup(to be honest I don't wear bras so I don't know), so I was really surprised that the second largest size was far too small for me, I can't imagine larger girls wearing this.

Did I just buy the wrong one? I really don't know which one to get, and they're quite expensive since I'm buying them from Australia so I don't want to waste money on another one that doesn't fit.
kazooples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:12 PM   #3822
FluffyCoatIzaya
I Love Izaya Orihara ^^

^ the one i bought felt tight on me too. i had to force it on and off. I only wore it for a few seconds or so cause it wasn't binding all.[actually made me bigger.] So, it didnt hurt. i got a large or xl and i'm a high B in bras [38] i'm surprised i not the only one its not working for. i got the one the male model too :/
Anime Boston 2016
Unread 03-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #3823
animenerd93
VIXXEN ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazooples View Post
I posted a thread for this but probably should have posted here, so I'll just copy and paste, and apologize for making a useless thread.

Sorry if this has been answered before, there's so many topics on binders that I'm kind of lost.. So a while ago I read a post on tumblr recommending this binder for crossplay,

http://www.underworks.com/extreme-ma...nd-binding-bra

I measured myself and was surprised because I'm only about a C cup, but needed at least the second largest size. I bought it, and it's just too tight, at first it doesn't feel too bad but after wearing it for 10 minutes and taking it off, my chest and ribs were hurting quite a lot. I'm not really a big girl, I might not even be a C cup(to be honest I don't wear bras so I don't know), so I was really surprised that the second largest size was far too small for me, I can't imagine larger girls wearing this.

Did I just buy the wrong one? I really don't know which one to get, and they're quite expensive since I'm buying them from Australia so I don't want to waste money on another one that doesn't fit.
yea that one isn't the best to use.... try the tri-tops binder as its very good at coverage. I'm a DDD and got the XL and it was a little tight so you should be fine with a M-L. make sure you measure though because you could have a wider back then others.
http://www.underworks.com/tri-top-chest-binder
CL- 2NE1 I am the Best
Unread 03-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #3824
Hoshi26
Cosplay apprentice

I'm new to this, so I want to make sure I get something that fits and doesn't hurt/impair breathing. I'm also a DDD, so being comfortable while getting a good look is important. How should I choose a binder, and how many days should I practice wearing it to get used to the feel? Also, would I have to alter my cosplay shirt sizes to fit with it on?
Hoshi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2015, 01:11 AM   #3825
animenerd93
VIXXEN ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi26 View Post
I'm new to this, so I want to make sure I get something that fits and doesn't hurt/impair breathing. I'm also a DDD, so being comfortable while getting a good look is important. How should I choose a binder, and how many days should I practice wearing it to get used to the feel? Also, would I have to alter my cosplay shirt sizes to fit with it on?
I bought what my friend used cause she's fairly large chested and gets incredibly flat so I happened to try her brand and love it (underwork's tritop). As far as practicing, I put it on the first time for 2 hours, then the next day for 4 and was perfectly comfortable. I however didn't really put it on more afterwards until I needed it and then I wore it the first time from 3am to 4pm and the. The day afterwards from 7am to midnight. I also didn't buy my shirts until after I had my binder so that I knew exactly what size I needed.
CL- 2NE1 I am the Best