Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 266 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 07-25-2003, 03:03 PM   #46
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

eeekkk!! love the family pic!!! that and recently moved to lowell. i lived there before but that was 6 yrs ago. i miss texas, heh and i used to live in long beach california tooz...my family gets around...lets just say... just i don't know where to find anything...sah~~~
megumibish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2003, 08:38 PM   #47
Kendo_Bunny
A whiter shade of pale

Maybe I should have thought twice before making my own Dilandau costume... I'm almost a DD, and am just a large girl in general. The first time I wore my Dil, I didn't bind at all, considering I once made a wardrobe mistress almost cry when she saw what she was supposed to tape down. So, instead of playing an old man, she insisted they adjust the part for me to be an old woman ^^;;

I've tried various methods before, including layering tight sports bras (works for about a day if I'm not doing anything strenuous, about 3 hours if I am -_-) and once tried ACE bandages, only to find out they would not hold anything in. Nothing seems to work, although I did try a flesh-tone tank top to make me less obvious. It's not so obvious in this shot (the best one I have) but I looked like Dilandau in a Fat Elvis period. *sighs*

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=500 &page=1
Kendo_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2003, 09:02 PM   #48
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Kendo_Bunny: Ace bandages don't work above a C to my knowledge, if not eperience... One of my rather-well-endowed friends uses a lumbar support belt to hold herself in, although it does look better under a jacket than a tank-T, since it's a big thick white thing. (She cosplays Gatti!) It might help; maybe even with a flesh-tone shirt over it?

*hugs* ^^ *likes other Dilandau cosplayers*
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2003, 11:46 PM   #49
Kendo_Bunny
A whiter shade of pale

Well, I'm doing the coat eventually... when I can afford however many yards of black and red leather. I'll try the lumbar support thing... which will also come in handy with my Desert Bandit Yamcha ^^;
I love Dilandau enough to cosplay him every convention, but those pants get hot...

Thanks for the idea *hugs back* *also likes other Dilandau cosplayers*

Please do not disturb: I'm playing with my mental blocks

The Pessimists Pep Talk: Don't lose heart: they might want to cut it out and they want to avoid a lengthy search.
Kendo_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2003, 02:35 AM   #50
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Kendo_Bunny
I love Dilandau enough to cosplay him every convention, but those pants get hot...
Me too. ^^ And I do.

My pants are leather, but my jacket is actually a woven fabric which imitates leather in photos pretty well - it's a lot cooler (and a lot cheaper!), even with a full lining. (I survived Anaheim in July!) The red parts on mine are suede.

Sometimes for the "casual look" I wear black silk pants (especially if I'm going to a con dance!)

Good luck with binding! And I'm looking forward to seeing your jacket when you make it!
Unread 08-01-2003, 01:39 AM   #51
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

Oh man, am I glad to have found this thread! My best friend and I are crossplaying two of the boys from Battle Royale at Ani-Magic and in the movie they basically have their shirts half-unbuttoned while they're working on their stuff. I was thinking of the small sports bra method, but remembered how much I hated wearing ones that fit when I used to play basketball... so there was no way a small one was going to be fun.

I'm DEFINITELY going to try the sports tape method... that picture of you in your Dilandau undershirt is freakin' insane, Karisu-sama... (in a good way, of course). And, I guess I can understand why your husband was a little freaked. But hell, that alone should've won you another craftsmanship award in my opinion! ;D
positivespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2003, 04:00 AM   #52
Apsara
all around bum..

*wincing* I guess there is no way to disguise a C cup...I guess, I'm happy to see that Kurikara's kimono top is roomy...

It would be nice though to be completely flat...

Apsara
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2003, 06:16 PM   #53
mochihead
All about the scarf, baby

*wanders in*

positivespace: You mean the craftsmanship award that Karisu-sama won wasn't just for her manly unchest?

*laughs hysterically, wanders back out*
mochihead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2003, 09:26 PM   #54
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

mochihead: I would HATE to see the judge's notes if that were true!

example: Dilandau man-cleavage most convincing for a man...boy...girl... waitaminute... damnit...give the woman... person... something an award! *stares at Karisu-sama's chest more*
positivespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2003, 09:08 PM   #55
digikoomi

yay~ now we solve the chest problem but how about woman's butt?? how can we hide our butt??? woman have big butt >.<
digikoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #56
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

Don't I know it. ;_;
*lol*
It presents for quite the quandary when cosplaying as, say, Subaru from TB. >.< That bodysuit's giving me nightmares. The HIPS! The BUTT! Well, not much I can do about hip width, anyway. e.e I'll just go with the whole 'Subaru is more girly than his twin sister' loophole. *l*

And nevah face the camera full-on forward. x_x;;
Pendrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2003, 09:26 PM   #57
blackmadonna

Wow, I wish I could do that!

I am a D Cup [nice in RL] and I'm playing Mana. [sucks at a con]

Alas, women playing men playing women is not a good thing if you have a large chest!
blackmadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 08:41 PM   #58
nekochan
PILE IT ON!! xD

wow... i didn't know ace sticky tape could do THAT MUCH. lol. i think i'll just... try it to school one day, just to test it out and practice for crossplay. hahaha i also want to see what people would say.... but yeah, thanks karisu-sama for the tips ^~
nekochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2003, 09:08 PM   #59
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Ace sticky tape? *confused*

I use 6" wide ACE brand stretchy bandages (not the self-sticky kind) for bandage binding, and I used 2" wide white Johnson and Johnson brand Sports Tape for the tape method. (liquid foundation colors the white tape really nicely if it shows, BTW - Sports Tape is a cloth tape.)

Just nobody say I didn't warn you if you try the tape method and it takes a bit of skin off upon removal, LOL... (I think I might possibly be able to avoid that now that I know where my skin is most delicate.) But DAMN, it worked well...
Unread 08-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #60
Beware_UY7
Reckless Youth

Haha! I know what people mean with the hips thing. I have big hips, but one thing I've noticed that gives me a more boyish figure (even when I'm not trying to crossplay) is a camisole leotard. I have one by Bloch in a Cotton/Poly/Spandex material, so it doesn't stretch as much as something that's Tactel/Lycra. It makes my butt and hips look smaller. And then my pants wont stay up... since they usually rest on my hips...