Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 179 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 01-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #721
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

tmr

@asuka doll - LMAO! XDDD well, its one of TMR's more elaborate and not so cosplayed (or ever cosplayed) outfits XDD and I thought it was amazingly stunning and is a must cosplay.
I've actually seen a girl (after doing a google search for more tmr images) do the exact same outfit except she closed up her vest into something more like a bra but I wanted to try and stick as close to the image as possible. I even got my sister to dress up as the white one with me

and since i didnt have a scanner, i ended up taking photos of my cd XD
and from the pictures, his vest is hella small XD so I decided to make the 'pannels' bigger so it covers the tape and I will be sure to use sticky tape to keep them as close to the skin as possible i just wanted to know how long does the tape last. would it wear off over time? sweat? etc? (i doubt ill be doing any sweating in that costume anyway XDDD) and I will be making the back alittle wider as well to help hide the tape. Like you guys suggested before, I might as well cover the whole thing with makeup to blend the tape with my skin. But if I used the sports tape then cover it up with the liquid foundation. Would that make the tape soaky or rub the stickiness off?

thanks XDDD

man, TMR better appreciate he has crazy fans like me XDDDD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shuyinpurplevinyl 006.jpg (39.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shuyinpurplevinyl 009.jpg (34.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shuyinpurplevinyl 007.jpg (31.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shuyinpurplevinyl 010.jpg (33.5 KB, 0 views)

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2006, 04:26 AM   #722
Asukas~Doll
Trust me.

I'm not sure with the tape to hold it closed, but I'm sure it'll stay pretty long, especially if you get the toupee tape. If all else fails you could like.. i dunno glue the "vest" to the sports tape XD!

And are you sure that thing's even a vest? o.O seriously, it's like he's begging...no screaming for fangirls to run over and molest him. Like "here I am! Come and get some free TMR lovin!"

And the makeup on the sports tape. Well since it's supposed to hold when wet/soaked I think a little makeup won't take it off. Just make sure it dries a bit before touching it or anything, cuz it might rub off on ya. You could always test it, put some on your wrist or something then cover it with the concealer. See how long it lasts and all that.

BTW, I just want to say... I'm so happy someone is doing a TMR cosplay!! I haven't really seen anyone cosplay as him! *is giddy* One day I will do his Zips outfit. It's so white and buckelie @_@

Bishounen Hunter member #3!
Avy from silver oracle
Asukas~Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #723
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

wow that sure a hell of pics of him ^^
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #724
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

How do you do a skimpy topped male when you're larger busted? I'm trying to crossplay Sephiroth, and I haven't seen anyone do it well with a large bust. Tape only holds you in; it doesn't flatten you, and I don't really want to wear a flesh-colored shirt because it will look obvious at the con.

Now, Sephiroth's official Nomura drawing makes him look like he almost has large man-breasts, so I was thinking maybe of just making the top really tight and holding myself in with tape (where do you get sport's tape, by the way?) so that just the sides stick out. I'm not sure how that would look, though.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #725
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

yay for me for being the few tmr cosplayers XDDD i actually wanted to do zips but its completely white @_@ and im not a big fan of completely white outfits XD

and seventh heaven is one of his well known costumes seeing as its very "woah!" XDD kinda things and people will recognize me

and no, it doesnt really look like a vest XD but it *looks* like one to a certain extent XDDD

Unread 01-13-2006, 12:30 AM   #726
Asukas~Doll
Trust me.

Chibi-kun: XD!! Just be wary of the many many many many fangirls you'll get dressed like that. Seriously, even more than when you were *dun dun dun!* Chibi-Itachi. And if you can still look like a guy even close up, then you better bring a bat or something to ward them off. If you're going to AX, I'm going to have to hunt you down. And then steal you...or just your costume. XD! j/k

Supergeekgirl: You can get the tape at any Rite-aid. If you don't have a rite-aid I'm sure they sell them at wal-mart or one of those 99 cent stores. Just find an aisle that sells ace bandages and the like. That's where they'll have the tape if they sell 'em.

And just what size chest do you have anyway? Depending on your size, the sports tape may or may not work. If you're higher than a middle C or so, it won't work all that well. You'll get smaller, but you won't be flat. Hey, you might just get those large Sephy man-boobs. XD

Avy from silver oracle

Last edited by Asukas~Doll : 01-13-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Unread 01-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #727
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

lol, sadly, the costume will not be worn for AX. Too much costumes planned for it. I do plan to wear it to PMX. Unless TMR magically announces hes going to AX then for sure I will have ALL my TMR costumes there and ready

and sadly, God blessed me with better features used for crossplaying. So yes, I look better as a guy than a girl XDD (that not being said in the sake of vanity XDDDD)

Unread 01-14-2006, 04:45 AM   #728
Asukas~Doll
Trust me.

rofl! That just means I'll have to go to PMX then. Mwahaha. And I live a whole 3 minutes away. Hell, I could walk there... and then get very strange looks. And then, I shall steal the strips of cloth that you call a costume from you. XD

at least you can certainly throw some people for a loop when they find out you're a girl! sadly (or maybe luckily...?) you're not the only one 'blessed' with boyish-looks.

<~~~recently got a haircut similar to gaara's and had a girl hit on her o.O 'twas an....interesting experience.

Avy from silver oracle

Last edited by Asukas~Doll : 01-14-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Unread 01-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #729
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! &amp;amp;amp;gt;D

its always an interesting experience to crossplay XDDD I crossplayed as Sasuke and managed to win 15% of the female otaku population at school. 8% sadly thought I was a real boy... I dont know if I should be insulted or dilighted XDD

but I will be sure to cling onto my piece of cloth that I call a costume then! XDD I'm still in the process of convincing my sister to wear the white one but if she doesnt want to, then I shall wear both costumes instead but a day apart

Unread 01-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #730
Asukas~Doll
Trust me.

XD!!! Well since you were dressed as a boy, I would say be delighted that you passed for one ^^

and if your sister doesn't want to wear it you could always knock her out and staple the costume to her XD!! Or course that's all she'll ever be able to wear.

And for some reason while reading the last sentence I thought you were going to be wearing both costumes at the same time XD! but then I finished the sentence and the world made sense once again.

Avy from silver oracle
Unread 01-14-2006, 02:35 PM   #731
Chibi-kun

lmao! i *could* make the costumes half and half but that would seem too weird @_@ I would opt to wear both in one day (half and half) but both of the seventh heaven costumes require crazy nails and makeup XDDD and a different type of binding so its not worth to waste perfectly good makeup and crazy nails XDDD

ill be sure to have a friend with me though since with the nails, I doubt I can do any punching or much running from fangirls XDDD (no glomping please! @_@)

sometimes I think me crossplaying or cosplaying for a living at school will hinder my chances of finding a MALE prom date XDD but my friend was joking with me the other day to start a service. "date sasuke for prom" or "insert male character name here for a prom date! only $50 for 3 hours XDDDD"

the only thing really keeping me from really looking like a boy or teenage boy is my height XDD so I try to stick to little boys within the ages of 8-16 if their short enough XDDD

God only knows how many times I've wanted to try to do Sephiroth XDD

Unread 01-15-2006, 12:00 AM   #732
Asukas~Doll
Trust me.

punching? Good thing I'm not a fangirl, just someone who wants to steal your costume XD. And if anyone tries to glomp you, you can just hold out your hands like you're gonna stab 'em. If they keep coming...um... stab them I guess.

XD!! You should do that prom thing idea! Not only do you get a date...or two.. but you also get monies out of it! XD It's the perfect plan!

and that's why God...or whoever, made platform shoes! You just gotta practice running in them. ^^

Avy from silver oracle
Unread 01-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #733
Chibi-kun

with those nails, you can do some mad damages poking people XDD

lmao, maybe i should do the prom idea XDD lmao

Unread 01-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #734
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-kun
with those nails, you can do some mad damages poking people XDD

lmao, maybe i should do the prom idea XDD lmao
thats some wicked ideas. this reminds me bakc at my high school years, we did an auction where you sell people just for the heck of it.
so that prom idea does sound cool and fun, plus like asuka~doll mention, you get money out of it.
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #735
Chibi-kun

lmao! I just might consider taking up a new career on that then XDDD