Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 240 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 08-07-2003, 03:28 AM   #61
nekochan
PILE IT ON!! xD

Quote:
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Ace sticky tape? *confused*
oops, my mistake ^^;; sorry! i meant what you said. haha. but yes... on the going vertical part... i'm kind of confused (yes, sounds stupid.. but i'm kinda slow... uahaha..) if possible, could you explain that a little better? like... which way to go... from the top or from the bottom...? thanks
nekochan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2003, 07:41 PM   #62
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

TMI about Sports Tape Binding!

Warning: TMI follows on tape application for chest binding to achieve a "natural guy cleavage" look.

Advantages: a) NO tape down the middle front of your body at all. You can wear a shirt open to your waist if you want! b) No shoulder straps either, unlike a sport bra (Ace bandages eliminate shoulder straps, but still leave binding in the front of your body.)

Caveats: a) I bet this will only work for women size B or less. b) It is possible to lose skin from this method, even though sports tape is designed for use on skin. I did. if it happens to you, don't whine at me.

Tape: Assume a 2" wide piece of cloth Sports Tape about 6 inches long. Attach one end of the tape strip to the skin of the lower breast about 2" below the nipple, then apply the tape vertically upwards, pulling up as you go to try to get "lift" and "flatten". It will cover the nipple. Tape on nipples = shouldn't be a problem; nipples are pretty resilient (I nursed two kids; I know!) - this is not where I had problems. I lost some small bits of top-layer skin around the original attachment point on the lower breast area (when I removed the tape at the end of the day.)

If you feel this is too exposed you can attach additional strips in the same way to either side of the first one, which overlap it.

OK, that's your "anchor", and gives some lift. Then you run horizontal strips from one anchor around your back to the other anchor. This pulls your boobs outward, which automatically flattens the boob area on the chest side of the vertical strips. The boob area on the underarm side will be flattened by holding it in to your body with the tape.

You might want to alternate which side you start on each time to keep the tension even. Overlap of the strips is good, and make them only as tight as necessary to hold you in. Try not to let the tape get twisted or stuck to itself. When you have enough sround-the-back strips to flatten to the sides whatever bulging areas were left, you are done. You can put another vertical piece to cover the ends of the horizontal pieces if you like.

It didn't pop off me at all, not even when breathing in a lot or flexing, probably because I made sure my skin was clean and free of oils first. (Of course, that probably made it more susceptible to losing skin when I took it off. )

The tape runs pretty high under your arms, so if you're going for a loose-cut sleeveless look like I was, it helps to use liquid foundation to color the white tape under your arms to make it pretty unobtrusive. Cloth sports tape colors nicely with foundation.

When you take the tape off, remove it VEEEEEERY SLOOOOOOWLY and CAREFULLY. Baby oil may help.

OK; detailed enough for you?

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 08-08-2003 at 12:00 AM.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 07:50 PM   #63
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Hun, you really need to try that medical tape... has anyone tried it yet?
Sports tape is often put on top of something called "Tuf-skin", which is a skin protectant. It helps the tape stick better.
For those girls who are nervous about their nipples getting pulled, would putting a bandaid over that area (soft, non-sticky part covering it) work? Just an idea.

BUT TRY THE MEDICAL TAPE! It's clear too, so shouldn't be insanely obvious.

Tenshi

"Normal is for those who can't do any better." - Me
Mizuno Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2003, 07:55 PM   #64
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Oh, and while I'm at it... about the whole leo thing. Bloch leos might help, but for any taller girls, look for a brand called Mirella. They make extra-long sizes. Bloch may be doing Extra-long soon too... but not yet.

Tenshi

Unread 08-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #65
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mizuno Tenshi
Hun, you really need to try that medical tape... has anyone tried it yet?
Sports tape is often put on top of something called "Tuf-skin", which is a skin protectant. It helps the tape stick better.
For those girls who are nervous about their nipples getting pulled, would putting a bandaid over that area (soft, non-sticky part covering it) work? Just an idea.

BUT TRY THE MEDICAL TAPE! It's clear too, so shouldn't be insanely obvious.

Tenshi
I have bookmarked your tape site, but I also DID mention in a previous post that I may never be able to try tape (of any kind) again because it freaked my husband too much. - I mean SERIOUSLY freaked.

I would imagine if one uses the clear medical tape one has to put a piece of opaque tape over the nipple area, or something else opaque. There IS a nutso double standard that frowns on women's nipples being visible, and I doubt it would be relaxed for crossplayers...
Unread 08-07-2003, 10:29 PM   #66
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Hmm... sounds like you need to get hubby in a skirt... He might like it! hehe....
Well, bandaid would help cover the nipple without pulling. *shrugs*

Tenshi

Unread 08-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #67
mochihead
All about the scarf, baby

ick. It's not the nipple. bleh bleh bleh. It's all that sensitive skin area on the actual breast itself. I have some beautiful scars (>_<) on my boobs from some of the bandaids I've used to cover the nipples. Hubby was not happy about the scars. One of the scars look like someone bit me. V^^^V

But if you use bandaids, use the GENTLE CARE ones. Not comfort, not sports, not waterproof or what have you.

I suppose I could try to find some cosplay that could work that in, but, who...hmmm.

*Imagine's Didjiman in a skirt along with Karisu's manly unchest*

*faints*
mochihead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2003, 12:08 AM   #68
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

SSSHHHHH!!!! Don't TELL him about scars!!! Last thing I need is more @#%& from him about this!! - I don't think I got scars; it was only spots of top-layer skin, it looks like it healed normally, and the discoloration is starting to lighten up. *knocks on wood*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think we'll be able to get didjiman in a woman's skirt in a deceased condition only, although he's been willing in the past to wear a kilt, sarong & ancient Sumerian men's wrap-skirt thing. As long as it's "guy clothes", not crossplay.

Good thing he hasn't read this thread. Yet. :/
Unread 08-08-2003, 12:22 AM   #69
mochihead

mmmpppphhh. oops. sorry. mum's the word.

*whistles innocently* No, no, didjiman. I don't know what you're talking about or where you heard about scars...

whew. I'm going to have to decide if I'm actually going to crossplay at AM, and just who & how much manly unchest I'm willing to put up with. Will probably just be wrapped, though, and not man cleavage.
Unread 08-08-2003, 12:23 AM   #70
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Karisu-san... if you want to scare him away from this forum entirely... have him read my post on 'Tucking"

Tenshi

Unread 08-08-2003, 04:11 AM   #71
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

I don't think he needs more excuses for going ballistic about tape. :/ He seems to think trying to go for as much realism as possible in what is merely a temporary illusion makes people "freaks".... ;(

Obviously he was never a theater geek like me... ;(

It's not like I even "pack". I don't. ;( Don't see any need whatsoever to do that. ;( Not trying to have ppl stare at my crotch. ;(
Unread 08-08-2003, 08:35 AM   #72
mochihead

pffft. Like anyone could get their eyes past your manly unchest anyway, Karisu-sama. They'd never even get to your crotch.
Unread 08-08-2003, 03:44 PM   #73
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Actually, they're supposed to stare at my maniac grin and "sharp" prop sword.
Unread 08-08-2003, 07:05 PM   #74
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

My eyes are on the unchest... Just the idea that it's possible! Hmm... anyone ever ask to poke and check it out? I mean, so many people will poke at a guy crossplayer's falsies...

Tenshi

Unread 08-08-2003, 09:26 PM   #75
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Yes, the "unchest" is possible. And afterwards I STILL am a 36B.

Nah, nobody DARES poke Karisu (or dares to ask!), nobody even DARES glomp Karisu without asking nicely (and often rather timidly!) for permission either.... I seem to be rather intimidating... hmmm...

Ya wouldn't think so. I'm only 5'8.5", and a scrawny 125 lbs or so. And I'm friendly! I don't bite! (All right, depending. )