Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 80 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 01-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #751
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

So, I'm crossplaying as Seto Kaiba, it's my first crossplay, and today I attemted binding by wearing a sports bra and then using duct tape over it. I got a lttle flatter, but you could still tell I had brests. I'm wondering what the most effective, and least difficult binding method would be. I've read tape works well, but that scares me. I've read ace bandages fall down. SO, any suggestions for a newb?

Unread 01-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #752
Jujubeans
Constantly tired.

Karisu mentioned athletic tape and foundation to make flatter chests for open shirts a few pages up, but what kind of foundation do you use on the tape to match skin color?
Unread 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM   #753
guineapiglady
Cosplay Addict

I was wondering, have any of you tried using Vet Wrap for binding?

My LiveJournal
guineapiglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #754
Octune
Registered Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapiglady
I was wondering, have any of you tried using Vet Wrap for binding?
I have. It doesn't breathe very well (when you wrap it tight enough to get the flat effect) so even at a winter con you'll get clammy skin, which leads to chafing like you wouldn't believe.

2007 Cos'
Oosaki Nana (NANA)
Kusano Akira (Nobuta wo Produce)
Octune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #755
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat-Chan~
So, I'm crossplaying as Seto Kaiba, it's my first crossplay, and today I attemted binding by wearing a sports bra and then using duct tape over it. I got a lttle flatter, but you could still tell I had brests. I'm wondering what the most effective, and least difficult binding method would be. I've read tape works well, but that scares me. I've read ace bandages fall down. SO, any suggestions for a newb?

if you see my avatar pic, yup thats me as a wanna be guy. what i did to make seto flat chest even so you will still notice a bump, look careful in the pic and youll notice. um/. i wrap myself with bandages tight then wored a sport atop of it. not complete or still not flat then i use sport tape or other type of strong tape. duck tape is evil and comes off >.<

that should work, well it work wonders for me and i always crossplay
Elsword: Blade Master Raven-Done & Elemental Master Aisha-Done
Future Cosplays
Elsword: Iron Paladin Chung-Planning Stage
Tales of Xillia 2: Jude Mathis and Victor
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #756
crimson sky
Aikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubeans
Karisu mentioned athletic tape and foundation to make flatter chests for open shirts a few pages up, but what kind of foundation do you use on the tape to match skin color?
I just used a normal liquid foundation. I'm gonna buy a cheap one specifically for the purpose of binding 'cause I might need a lot, it kinda sucks it up. And be careful that the foundtion is dry before you put clothes over it X3
crimson sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #757
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I've been noticing a lot of talk about tape lately and just want to throw in two cents for ACE bandages. Not everybody has problems with them, and they don't always fall down. I swear by ACE, mine hasn't worn out yet after two years and I'm usually wearing it all day for all three days of a con. Of course, I'm also on the small side, so one ACE bandage and I'm good to go without problems of any kind. Your mileage may vary. It's been said before, but it bears repeating - no one method is the cure-all for everyone, since we're all different sizes and shapes. Try out a couple different ways until you find the one that works the best for you and gives you the least issues. Don't discount ACE bandages just because someone said they fell down or hurt! On them, maybe it did, but who knows? It might work on you.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #758
Gackt_Girl
Behind You

I'm sure someone's brought this up but I truly don't think I want to nor have time to search through the other 50 pages for this...^^;; Um..I'm crossplaying Kougaiji, and he doesn't wear a shirt under his jacket..I know there's the athlete tape and foundation theory but i really don't want the wrapped look. Is there any way i can go topless without getting arrested??? I was thinking maybe someway to sorta keep them apart and still get them relatively flat if at all possible. I've never binded before and I'm not sure how mom would react to me buying a bunch of stuff so 'i can make muh boobs go away' ^^;;;
Ao no Exorcist- Shura
Gackt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #759
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Either in the first couple pages of the thread or the last couple (AskuasDoll just re-posted some tutorial type information about it) there should be explicit instructions about tape-binding for open-shirt crossplay. That's what I do for Kougaiji. Have shocked the hell out of a lot of people for doing it, but hey - it looks a lot more natural and accurate than wearing a shirt.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2006, 12:59 AM   #760
Asukas~Doll
Trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukas~Doll
Alrighty, now for me to make a dork outta myself! Yay! I've made a picture tutorial on how to bind for the open shirt method thing. That made more sense in my mind. Anywho, it's in my gallery, but I'll also post it here, in the order it should be in XD.

First, you must have the right kind of tape. Sports tape or coaches' tape works well.
The tape
Now for the binding. Make sure you're nice and squeaky clean. So take a shower before binding. (note: I'm wearing a shirt for this tutorial, but you need to bind on your skin. You'll notice later that I'm not flat cuz I'm binding the shirt)
Clean!
Now for the first tape. Start at the bottom and go up. And the tape is off center there...>.<;;
First
Start binding! Start at the tummy area and go around to the back. Pull tight!
Second!
Yay! You've finished! Good job! Now you gotta do the other side!
Finished
The side veiw
(note: the back strips I have are a little too short. The top one is the about the right length.) The back
To take it off, take a REALLY hot shower. You wanna cook yourself in the water basically. Also you'll wanna use this!
Yay! I hope that helps more than me trying to explain it. ^^
This is the tutorial I posted a couple pages back. Also on page 5 is Karisu's original post and is the way I used. Also, I have the same thing in my gallery and chibi-kun has a tutorial on her website (ok, so I was bored and went to random ppl's web pages ^^;;;;;; )

So yeah, there ya go. Now you don't have to be lazy. Mwaha. *evil villain pose*

Bishounen Hunter member #3!
Avy from silver oracle
Asukas~Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #761
NissaElf

Anyone have any idea what to use for binding when your much bigger than a size D? Ace bandages don't do the trick and the normally Japanese chest flatteners only fit a person up to a size b.
NissaElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #762
JLAmazonWarrior
J-Rocker

Quote:
This is the tutorial I posted a couple pages back. Also on page 5 is Karisu's original post and is the way I used. Also, I have the same thing in my gallery and chibi-kun has a tutorial on her website (ok, so I was bored and went to random ppl's web pages ^^;;;;;; )

LMAO...you are so cute
Unread 01-26-2006, 10:42 PM   #763
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! &amp;amp;amp;gt;D

Quote:

lmao, yes i went with your tutorial and karisu-sama's and as i said, i tried it previously and it worked XDD i just needed the most essential thing: double sided tape! to keep the shirts flap from 'wooshing' XDDD

yay for brothers with over sized shirts you can borrow! XDDD

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #764
Asukas~Doll
Trust me.

=^_______________^= aww thanks jlamazon. I feel so special now. nyahaha... I'm not trying to take over the world...>.>......<.<...... *hides secret world-domination plans in...uh... pants*

You're lucky chibi-kun, my older bros won't let me 'borrow' their shirts and my younger brothers are like |-----------| that skinny. I can't have whooshy shirts. ;_;

Bishounen Hunter member #3!
Avy from silver oracle
Asukas~Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #765
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! &amp;amp;amp;gt;D

Quote:
=^_______________^= aww thanks jlamazon. I feel so special now. nyahaha... I'm not trying to take over the world...>.>......<.<...... *hides secret world-domination plans in...uh... pants*

You're lucky chibi-kun, my older bros won't let me 'borrow' their shirts and my younger brothers are like |-----------| that skinny. I can't have whooshy shirts. ;_;

I "borrow" alot of stuff from my brother actually. XD from shirts to pants when I want to crossplay, heck, even itachi's cloak was his XDDDD (hence the longness of it @_@)

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote