Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 264 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 01-31-2006, 08:06 PM   #781
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

hmm must check claires soon.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #782
Gackt_Girl
Behind You

Same here. I'll have to check both Claire's and Icing in the next town over. Their mall is better.
Ao no Exorcist- Shura
Gackt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #783
SasamiChan
DDR JunkieXD

Sorry, this thread is really long, so I don't have time to read through it all*_* I am a 36C and I don't need to flatten my chest, just reduce it. I'd like to get it down to a small B. Problem is that I'm going to be wearing an outfit that won't permit me to wear anything that covers my shoulders. I don't wanna be flat, just smaller^^; Any suggestions?
SasamiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #784
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasamiChan
Sorry, this thread is really long, so I don't have time to read through it all*_* I am a 36C and I don't need to flatten my chest, just reduce it. I'd like to get it down to a small B. Problem is that I'm going to be wearing an outfit that won't permit me to wear anything that covers my shoulders. I don't wanna be flat, just smaller^^; Any suggestions?
i'd say try getting a strapless bra a size smaller than normal. Like a B. And squeeze your boobies in. if that doesnt work, I would still suggest the binding method. I have pictures of how to bind your chest on my site. And instead of having a friend or pulling on the tape/binding so tightly to the point that it will flatten you. And since you have a bigger chest, most crossplayers with larger chests tends to wear something over their chest besides the binding to make them completely flat. So I guess if you just go ahead and wear your usual strapless bra and go over it with some bandages, it should flatten you a tad bit smaller

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #785
Gackt_Girl
Behind You

That theory's worked well for me in the past.^^ I had to use a small strapless bra for the simple reason that my dress for our school dance didn't fit in the chest.^^; It was biggest size they had though. However, make sure that the bra strap isn't too narrow. 0_o; it digs in your back and sides like no tomorrow and if you're wearing a clingy shirt you can see the little bulge where it's dug in. I suggest good ole ACE bandages. they're wide and can still shrink you.
Ao no Exorcist- Shura
Gackt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #786
DivineSage
Formerly OokamiTsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxey20
Hey, so I'm going as a Prince of Tennis boy to Otakon and I tried ace bandage with a tight sports bra. It did bring me down from about a C cup to an A cup, but I'm a little worried about it staying up while I'm dancing around on stage. And I was hoping to go a little more flatter. Any suggestions?
I'm a C as well. I was having the worst time getting flat, so I started trying EVERYTHING. What I found worked best was a sports bra a size small (ex. I'm a 36C, so I got a 36B) and wearing that to flatten you a little, then ACE bandage over that. Make sure you get the cloth kind that comes with the little clip things, not the self-adhesive kind. That got me flat to a point where my mom walked in and went "Oh my GOD!". And though ACE bandage is known for slipping, it stayed for a couple hours before it started slipping. Then, all you do is get to the nearest restroom and rewrap it. Hope that helps ^^

Also, I heard from Karisu-sama at the crossplay panel at ALA (that was a lot of fun, Karisu, I'm really glad I got to be on it with you!) that waist cinchers are good, and pretty comfortable, so I've been looking into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasamiChan
Lol, I just saw this post. I'm the same size. So if you can't have anything on your shoulders, I'd suggest something similar to the method I posted above, but change the sports bra for a strapless bra, like Chibi-Kun suggested. Won't hold as well, but it'll flatted you a bit. So, strapless bra then ACE bandage over it.

Last edited by DivineSage : 02-01-2006 at 10:03 PM.
DivineSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #787
SasamiChan
DDR JunkieXD

Thank you!^.^
SasamiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #788
Sonsko-chan
Rude and Ginger

This is really helpful. My only question is, would the binding also work for trying to cosplay someone younger?
Unread 02-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #789
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonsko-chan
This is really helpful. My only question is, would the binding also work for trying to cosplay someone younger?
yes it works! instead of just binding the chest, i also bind my stomach so i can get a little boys body since I dont exactly have a tiny tummy either. I find being completely small in the torso helps reduces the appearance of looking like a grown boy, this can also work for crossplaying smaller girls. Just be sure to try and reduce your hips if you have any (i dont exactly have a figure XDD)

Unread 02-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #790
Sonsko-chan
Rude and Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-kun
yes it works! instead of just binding the chest, i also bind my stomach so i can get a little boys body since I dont exactly have a tiny tummy either. I find being completely small in the torso helps reduces the appearance of looking like a grown boy, this can also work for crossplaying smaller girls. Just be sure to try and reduce your hips if you have any (i dont exactly have a figure XDD)
Thanks! It's because I'm planning on making an Elysia Hughes costume, and she probably wouldn't have 36B breasts yet...-.-;;
Unread 02-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #791
RevGirl
The Kitty Witch

I'm a still a tad confused on how the binding method works. I'm a B cup and I'll be wearing a button up shirt so I don't need too much flattening. Should I wrap with an ACE bandage and then use a sports bra or vice versa or just the first?

(a black rose saga ballad)

"Ninty-nine rose duelists dead on the wall
Ninty-nine rose duelists dead.
You take the ring out and shove the corpse down
Ninty-eight rose duelists dead on the wall."

I claimed Hyuuga Neji from Naruto in the Claim an Anime Character Thread!
RevGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #792
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:

haha i do that to at least see myself young anf have a boys body >.<
Unread 02-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #793
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! &amp;amp;amp;gt;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevGirl
I'm a still a tad confused on how the binding method works. I'm a B cup and I'll be wearing a button up shirt so I don't need too much flattening. Should I wrap with an ACE bandage and then use a sports bra or vice versa or just the first?
I have two binding methods tutorial on my site, check it out. It also has pictures so that should help

since your doing a button up shirt (no open chests right?) and since your a B cup, go ahead and wear the sports bra first, that should help flatten you out easier then wrap the Ace bandages.

What I found as a substitute for sports tape is ace bandages, I know I have declared war against it awhile back but what I found is that when I didnt have enough or forgot to bring the sports tape with me, I would use my overly stretched out ace bandages and wrap them around my chest then put the sports bra over it only when I know I will be doing alot of running and dancing. And i too am a B cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakura03
haha i do that to at least see myself young anf have a boys body >.<
XDDD what sucks though when you have somewhat of a bulge or figure XDD you have to bind the rest of your body waste down @_@ so be sure you peed before you do anything XDDD

that is, if you dont have any of those shorts that suppose to trim out the body XD so I end up using tape. I felt like a mummy XDD but it gave me a little boy's body @_@

damn you link...XDDD

Unread 02-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #794
yamibakura03
aka Ludger03

Quote:
I have two binding methods tutorial on my site, check it out. It also has pictures so that should help

since your doing a button up shirt (no open chests right?) and since your a B cup, go ahead and wear the sports bra first, that should help flatten you out easier then wrap the Ace bandages.

What I found as a substitute for sports tape is ace bandages, I know I have declared war against it awhile back but what I found is that when I didnt have enough or forgot to bring the sports tape with me, I would use my overly stretched out ace bandages and wrap them around my chest then put the sports bra over it only when I know I will be doing alot of running and dancing. And i too am a B cup.

XDDD what sucks though when you have somewhat of a bulge or figure XDD you have to bind the rest of your body waste down @_@ so be sure you peed before you do anything XDDD

that is, if you dont have any of those shorts that suppose to trim out the body XD so I end up using tape. I felt like a mummy XDD but it gave me a little boy's body @_@

damn you link...XDDD

LMAO. no im fine with my hips, there small not big or not to small so its ok. however we did that once with my friend and my other friend wanted to kill her becuase as soon we were finished she in fact needed to go to the restroom.

i just wrapped my chest down to my waist so its nice and flat.but if i have to someday wrap my buddy i be sure not to drink too many liquids and go first then wrap. hehe

i saw this sale of sport tape at wal-greens it had four packs nice chunky size for 10.00 which its was good.
so i bought that and the ace bandages for my friends and me.
Unread 02-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #795
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! &amp;amp;amp;gt;D

lol, but remember to always be hydrated and crossplaying/binding only worsens that XDDD its a good think the first time i'll be wearing my kid link outfit would only be for an hour or two, so i should be hydrated enough and i'll just hide inside EB Games the rest of the two hours i'm there XDDD
yay for binding to look like a little kid @_@lll

i usually dont need to bind the whole torso and down since most of the guys I crossplay as are just without it, but I found that if I want to truelly create the illusion of a kid, i might as well give it a try XDDD