Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 305 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 03-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #811
DivineSage
Formerly OokamiTsuki

No, it won't effect your breasts at all. I'm a C, and I usually bind myself flat ALL DAY at conventions. After I take my binding off, they go back to normal. No damage whatsoever. They may be a bit sore, but that's to be expected.
DivineSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #812
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OokamiTsuki
No, it won't effect your breasts at all. I'm a C, and I usually bind myself flat ALL DAY at conventions. After I take my binding off, they go back to normal. No damage whatsoever. They may be a bit sore, but that's to be expected.
Yay. I feel much better now.

Thank you. ^_^

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
Yoko (default - Gurren Lagann)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
SailorKagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #813
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKagome
Yay. I feel much better now.

Thank you. ^_^
lol, no breast reduction at all my friend! XDD their only sore and so is your chest from the binding but that will pass after awhile. Just soak yourself in a warm bath and it should be all good from there. I too bind myself day in and day out of conventions XD and as much as i want them to be somewhat flatter (im a b) they dont XDDDD

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #814
siead_lietrathu
Androgyny

i havent done crossplay before, just starting to work on it now. but i had an idea for the open-shirt. placing large-cut bandages (usually about 2"x2") on the ribcage under the breast and above the nipple to use as the contact point for the 'anchor' might help with blistering because of the large pull surface. dunno, i plan to try it at some point.
siead_lietrathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2006, 05:38 PM   #815
mercygraves

Chest Binding

Girls,

I am crossplaying as Colonel Roy Mustang in a few weeks at AniZona, and I'd like to alert you all of a great product that makes chest binding really easy and effective! It is an actual chest binder, and you can get one at Samiscloset.com or underworks.com - it is technically called a compression shirt, and there are many varieties. They aren't that expensive (about $30-), and well worth it for any girls that will be crossplaying often.

Try it out!
Unread 03-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #816
siead_lietrathu
Androgyny

hey, back. i found some good fun! cantech makes painters masking tape, and you can get it in 1" up to 3". the glue sticks but peels off fairly well in warm water, since it was desined to be put on painted surfaces and peel without chipping. sold at your neighbourhood wal-mart in paint section.
also a thought, for larger women who masking tape wont work, try layering ducttape overtop the masking tape to add strength, and if the shirt you are wearing has sleeves or thick straps, you can cross tape up over the shoulders and on an angle over your back for more support.

thanks karisu-sama for starting this thread!
Unread 03-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #817
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I would never use any tape not meant to go on human skin. It doesn't behave the same as sticking it to wood or any other surfaces. I can't imagine masking or painter's tape even holding, I have enough freak-out moments wondering if sports tape (formulated to stick to skin) will give way. Note, it never has. But you always get that moment just after you finish when you stand up and are trying to get dressed where you wonder...

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #818
siead_lietrathu
Androgyny

well i havent done it all day, but the painters tape held well and i could peel it off without using water (though i do have really thick skin).
though i admit if i was going with a closed shirt or a suit i would probably jut use a tensor band or sport bra.
Unread 03-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #819
Valgaav_Xellos
King of Wu!

Ok, so I'll be doing my first crossplay for Otakon, I'm already about 30% finished with the costume, but now I need help on how to bind myself exactly. The costume I'm doing is Gan Ning from Dynasty Warriors 4.
Here's a reference image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...f/85b52b0d.jpg

If you notice, he has bandages that wrap up to the ribs, and I figured (since I'm a girl) I'd have it wrap over my chest. Thing is, I don't know if there's a certain compressing shirt or bra I must wear under it first... and if so, how can I do it without it showing? Also, should I use bandages and pin them, or use some sort of tape? What kind? Where can I get it? etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated if you could either reply on here or PM me.

Thanks guys ^^;

Cosplays... COMING SOON.

Last edited by Valgaav_Xellos : 03-21-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Valgaav_Xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #820
siead_lietrathu
Androgyny

the first page, first quote has a great method for binding where you dont have to cover the middle of your chest. (woot) so if that would work for you i would reccomend it, since you can show the chest of that character.
Unread 03-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #821
Utena1409

Question

Ok, although I've read through this whole thread I still don't know what exactly to do. ^^;
I've crossplayed before but simply bound my chest with bandages.
This won't do this time because my problem is that for a performance I have to change from "boy" to girl" in 1 and a half minutes, which is way too less I think to completely unwrap me and dress up.
I'm just a A cup, but I still want to be completely flat before changing,so just wearing a tight top does not work.

So, any suggestions for a fast changeable method? ^^;
Utena1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #822
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Well, as long as you're changing OUT of the binding, I think the ACE bandage would be the quickest. When I'm in a hurry, all I have to do is unpin the safety pins holding mine and it unwraps in seconds. I'm roughly an A and one ACE bandage is plenty to keep me flat as a board and fool a lot of people.

Just be glad you don't have to go from girl to boy!

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:47 PM   #823
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

Anyone have any suggestions on how to bind for Youko Kurama? It's a..well, a white sort of shirt..and a bit lowcut. Would sports tape be the best option?
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:50 PM   #824
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box
Anyone have any suggestions on how to bind for Youko Kurama? It's a..well, a white sort of shirt..and a bit lowcut. Would sports tape be the best option?
it honestly depends on your bra size. Usually if your an A you can get away with a sports bra but as an extra precaution, binding always helps.

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #825
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Depends on how low cut you make the tunic. If stuff is going to show, look into the open-chest type of taping, otherwise you should be fine.

Bind regardless. Whatever works for you - compression, bandage, tape.