Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 276 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 09-27-2003, 12:01 PM   #106
katrinastrife

Karisu: i was wondering... This is kinda on the same topic. I'm planning on making a sorta-skimpy costume for halloween. But, the character (female) has little --if any-- bust-age. Would there be a way to use your taping method to help me out with this? (see attachment, please ^^;

I guess the question is... can the taping method help to simply reduce your size, not entirely eliminate it? ^^;; Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg etna.jpg (45.5 KB, 122 views)

Unread 10-08-2003, 11:37 AM   #107
Inque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
Baby oil... hmmm... don't have any of that, but I did use some nail polish remover. Wasn't quite good enough, though.

My husband's attitude is the biggest barrier I have. >.< I think he is somehow afraid (and WHY?) that I don't want to be a girl, LOL - I am perfectly HAPPY to actually be a girl! And to actually HAVE boobs, as well as a 10" waist-hip differential! However, I really love the silly guy, and for the sake of harmony.... *sigh*

Here you go, Mochihead: "Boob Fairy" Oh, and thanks so much - I heard YOU provided yummies for one of those gatherings on the Hilton Mezzanine I was at; Jarod's B-day party, right? ^^

Got a piccy I took in the hotel mirror - where did my chest go? o.O.......

OMG!! Thats cool...theres no more chesties ^_^ Im going to try that when I do male costumes.. Tight sports bras I dont think are a great magnificient Idea, but I planned on binding for when I did a few male characters ^_^ Now i know how!!
Inque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2003, 12:35 PM   #108
fechan
Team Blasť

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinastrife
Karisu: i was wondering... This is kinda on the same topic. I'm planning on making a sorta-skimpy costume for halloween. But, the character (female) has little --if any-- bust-age. Would there be a way to use your taping method to help me out with this? (see attachment, please ^^;

I guess the question is... can the taping method help to simply reduce your size, not entirely eliminate it? ^^;; Thanks for the help!
I'm not an expert in binding, only tried twice ^^;;;
I think the best (up to my knowledge) for an Etna (yay! Disgaea cosplay!! have to do Vyers/Chu-Boss someday!) outfit, it would be to use some tape binding but only around the breast, not up your shoulders obviously... and if it doesn't flatten it enough try making etna's top in a stretchy fabric, like the medical thing you wear around your leg if you have a sprain... usually pharmacy have that kind of stuff..
If it doesn't work try using one of those waist slimmer thing under the top and over the bandages?

--------
(edit joy!)
Btw I was wondering if anyone knew about an online ressource for sticky tape or self-adhesive tape that's as wide or wider than 3 inches?
I phoned about all the pharmacies there is in my city and the widest they have is 1 1/2 or they can order up to 2 inches... It does the job somehow but it's a bit complicated....

Last edited by fechan : 10-10-2003 at 10:18 AM.
fechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #109
Savior_Faire
OBJECTION!

Alrighty. my turn for a question.

I've read over this little FAQ and...well...

does anyone have an recomendations for.. D cups? *blushu* ;.; I've tried the ace bandages and ordering things online is a no-no (Ma won't get it and she's the one with my credit card >.<). Are there any stores I can check out like a JC Pennies department?

Also, this will be under clothing, the neck lines to most of the costumes that require wee boobies are rather high so the thing taking uo my whole chest won't be much of a problem, just enough to hide and make it seem like I'm boobyless.

I've tried ace bandages... boy was that useless ~.~;

Next Con: NYAF
Vampire Hunter D (Amano Artwork Collab): 90%
Savior_Faire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2003, 09:08 PM   #110
Brightdreamer
Alter User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savior_Faire
does anyone have an recomendations for.. D cups?
*nod nod* I need help with this too! I'm a 40 DD... why the hell am I wanting to crossplay? Oh yeah, my favorite characters are guys. ^_^;;

The neckline of my costume will also be very high, so binding showing wouldn't be a problem. I've thought of some sort of combination of sports bra and back brace, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money for something that doesn't work! And I need to get the binding before I start on the costume... it's a rather fitted military-jacket type thing, so I'd hate to make it too tight or loose! (I'm planning on going as Ryuhou from s-CRY-ed, BTW.)
Brightdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2003, 10:47 PM   #111
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

Back braces work pretty well for me and i'm a DD too. You'll still get a uniboob look but it's better than nothing. hehheh I tried the back brace on right in the middle of the store too. Funny how no one seemed to notice that my bro was strapping me down just then. And walmart carries the back braces in the sporting good dept for only 10 bucks. I've yet to try out a neoprene waist belt since I can't seem to locate them but, if I find one I'll let chus know how it goes.
Unread 10-15-2003, 10:18 AM   #112
Recowa
やぱり

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
OK, for Mochihead (and anyone else! ): here is a really ghetto insta-cosplay of Karisu as a lame version of the Boob Fairy:
Hey thats some good tips about getting the duck tape off.... Iv'e done that a couple of times and tears were sheded ever time wanna see the results I got..?

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....=573 &page=33

http://www.fansview.com/2003/ohayocon/011103c437.jpg

http://www.fansview.com/2003/ohayocon/011103a194.jpg

Costumes 2013-2014 Ohayocon , Matsuricon, Tekkoshocon,Colossalcon

Pan- Dragon Ball Z
Lolita
Gakupo
Ciel - Kuroshitsuji
Kosmos - Xenosaga Episode 1
Kitty-N Bust A Groove
Recowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2003, 03:30 PM   #113
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

o.o Say... How does that Compression Shirt thingie work? My only binding experiences have been with ace bandages, (Both the non-sticky ace kind, and also the self-adhesive sort) and the best I was able to achieve was a uni-boob. (Probably wound up being a bit bigger than an A, but not as big as B, I guess. Would that be AA? I never wore one, so I have no clue.)

I really like Karisu's idea of the tape, but I'm a C, and I have sort of thin/delicate skin REGARDLESS, so yeah... no tape getting near my breastses. But that shirt idea looks pretty spiff-tacular...
Unread 10-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #114
LunarYoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilli
o.o Say... How does that Compression Shirt thingie work? My only binding experiences have been with ace bandages, (Both the non-sticky ace kind, and also the self-adhesive sort) and the best I was able to achieve was a uni-boob. (Probably wound up being a bit bigger than an A, but not as big as B, I guess. Would that be AA? I never wore one, so I have no clue.)

I really like Karisu's idea of the tape, but I'm a C, and I have sort of thin/delicate skin REGARDLESS, so yeah... no tape getting near my breastses. But that shirt idea looks pretty spiff-tacular...
heres a thought. instead of directly applying the tape to your skin, use suran wrap to start binding, then finish it with tape. this way the tape sticks to the suran wrap & not your skin. if you want it off, just cut it off.

Lunar Yoma

Ours is the Wisdom of Solomon,The Magic of Merlin,The Fall of Icarus. From Countless Ages We Have Beckoned, From Infinite choices We Have Suffered. The World Chokes Under Stifling Conformity, Hopes Crumble in the Fire of Mediocrity, Heroes Die in the Snare of Pride. Armaggeddon is at Hand. Reality is a Lie. The Truth is Magic. Open Your Eyes and Awaken.
LunarYoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2003, 11:49 PM   #115
AniMajor
Kouhosei

Hey, I have a question. Would it look more natural for girls who are above B-cup to pad their stomach in order of blend in with their binded top? Or would that just look weird, too?
AniMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2003, 03:04 AM   #116
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

LunarYoma - my tape method wouldn't work with saran wrap because it HAS to stick to skin to move the breasts out of teh way - that method was to achieve a full front to-the-waist chest cleavage with no visible binding. That is: NO binding across the front 6" width of your body. At all.

Lilli: I have a compression shirt. It works really well for flattening, even on my daughter (who is probably a C now.) Gives you the "pecs" look - it flattens very uniformly. (Downside - it's visible under anything skimpier than a muscle shirt.)
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2003, 01:50 PM   #117
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Wooo. I may have to try that, thanks Karisu-sama! It sounds a lot easier and faster than tape or ace bandages. I'd be worried about using saran wrap anyway, as I don't think I'd enjoy wearing the equivalent of a tsauna suit for 8 or so hours at a con ^^;

Nah, none of my crossplays have been or plan on being skimpy, so I wouldn't mind that aspect. Awesome! XD
Unread 10-17-2003, 09:46 PM   #118
MistressRinRin
Riceball idiot!

um, uh, for halloween and for AZ O4, i'm gonna be inuyasha, i was just wondering, sence his haori is kinda baggy, and well, erm... i'm uh...13 ^.^""" (not much there yet, lol) should i still bind? i dunno what it'll look like cause my mom hasn't put it together yet. should i wait and see for myself, or, sence i'm being a male character, and i like, suposed to, no matter what? o.O *is confussed*
Unread 10-19-2003, 02:20 AM   #119
otakutre
Cake 'n' Cosplay

Ah. And Karisu-sama helps me to answer one of the biggest questions I was left with at the end of Escaflowne: "WHERE did they GO!?" Thank you for solving the Dilandau mystery! ^_~

I've heard an off-hand rumor that the one's sudden lack of chance (EDIT: Chance? wtf? I meant to type "chest" I must have been tired) makes balance and stair-going a tad awkward at first. Anyone find this to be true?

Last edited by otakutre : 10-19-2003 at 11:07 AM.
otakutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2003, 10:49 AM   #120
Savior_Faire
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakutre
I've heard an off-hand rumor that the one's sudden lack of chance makes balance and stair-going a tad awkward at first. Anyone find this to be true?
Yes! XD A friend of mine had to practice for a while before she got used to it, and she was only a B, imagine what would happen for us larger ladies! O.o Even with the not so helpful ace bandage attempt I was a little akward going down the stairs. XD

Try straightening your posture, practice standing and even walking at attention. Not only does it help balance when you're not bound, but is slims out your tummy too
^.^

Next Con: NYAF
Vampire Hunter D (Amano Artwork Collab): 90%
Savior_Faire is offline   Reply With Quote