Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Gurren Lagann

Unread 08-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
_Emmy_

Need help with jewelry for Nia costume

Ok, so I'm a complete noob and I'm going to cosplay as Nia from Gurren Lagann. I have the wig and shoes so far.

The only thing I need help with is her jewelry T_T I'm not sure how to go about making her belt and jewelry. I know I need gems, but how do I go about making the bracelet and choker around her neck? Oh and those small little cat ear looking things on her head? Thanks for anyone who's able to help ^^

Here's a picture of her even though I'm pretty sure you guys know how she looks like XD
_Emmy_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #2
aurianna

This won't help much with the gold parts, but as to the gems themselves, this may be helpful:

http://www.amethyst-angel.com/castingguide_gem.html

Good luck!
aurianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
misoshiru

I can't help with the gems, but you may want to check local craft/art supplies stores. They usually have a section for bags filled with various "gems" and stones. Maybe you can find some there.

As for the "gold parts," I'd go with craft foam. You know, those cheap sheets of colored thin foam found in places like Michaels and such? It'd probably be easier to work with, and although it may not look as good as plastic or something, it's definitely cheaper and easier to find.

You can probably make a template out of newspaper which fits you, trace it onto the craft foam sheet, cut it out, and paint it. I don't know whether craft foam needs to be primed or not, but you may want to test out painting on a small section of scrap.

You may also need some sort of a sealer as well to make sure the paint doesn't chip, but if this is going to be a "wear temporarily, not aiming for costume contest" you can probably skip the sealer.

Good luck with the costume!
misoshiru is offline   Reply With Quote