Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Unread 04-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Shippuuden44

Exclamation Cosplaysky.com

I was looking around for my America Cosplay after finding out not to trust Milanoo. I came upon this site, and I REALLY like the America they have on there! Its alittle more pricey, but whatever.

I just really want to know if Cosplaysky is a good, reliable, cosplay-shopping site. Please tell me some Pros and Cons if you have them!

Thank you~
Shippuuden44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
jalynissuper!

from the few reviews i read, (yahoo answers) they said you're better off making it, and the site has viruses. This was only 3 peoples opinions though and were talking in general about all online cosplays. I checked out the site and the outfits 'look' quality made. I'd keep searching for more opinions though before you buy.
Pikachu-pokemon: 95%
Dark Mousy-DNAngel: 50%
Sailor Saturn-Sailor Moon: 75%
Sakura- Cardcaptors: 10%
Mio Hio- DNAngel: 10%
there is more but i don't have even a stitch of fabric that i can say i've started for them.
jalynissuper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

I will say this now: NO.
Those photos are taken from an eBay cosplay seller. (I can't remember the name) That's where you need to look. As long as you do your research, you'll be fine.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Yeah, no. They're another site known for being... not good.

Since you won't buy from the eBay sellers I've told you, here is a trusted and good site to buy from, and I think their America outfit looks good. Only problem with it is no custom sizing. I've bought from them before, and they're good.

Cosplay Fu is also known for having "You get what you see" quality costumes. While their uniform has a crappy bomber jacket, the uniform itself is very nice.

Really, I know you don't like eBay (I honestly have no idea why), but I do recommend just buying from kennethchenwang. Seriously. Just send him an eBay message, tell him cherryparanoia recommended him, and ask for a price for just the uniform without the jacket. I think I paid $80 for it. It was amazing. Then just find a bomber jacket online or from an Army Surplus store, and add the patches yourself. Thats honestly the best advice i can give you.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
fallenone121

I personally have been using ebay for several years now an rarely had problems and if Axelai suggests kennethchenwang I would say to go with that or go with the trusted site suggested.

I have rarely ever had problems with ebay sellers especially if you look at their ratings before you make your purchases from them.

I dont know what issues you had with Milanoo but I purchased my outfit from them custom sized and it was here five days before their estimated delivery date. It was actually here the day before they expected to ship it. Havent tried it on yet but it looks like I expected it to look.

The biggest thing about ebay is in the ratings and if you dislike someone on ebay you can always give a negative rating and then other people will be more cautious about that seller if they shop the same way.

Trust in the words of the Axelai!
Honey - Ouran High School Host Club (90%)
Mal Reynolds - Firefly / Serenity (10%)
Commander Shepard - Mass Effect (0%)
Spike - Cowboy Bebop (0%)
fallenone121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 03:58 AM   #6
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenone121 View Post
I personally have been using ebay for several years now an rarely had problems and if Axelai suggests kennethchenwang I would say to go with that or go with the trusted site suggested.

I have rarely ever had problems with ebay sellers especially if you look at their ratings before you make your purchases from them.

I dont know what issues you had with Milanoo but I purchased my outfit from them custom sized and it was here five days before their estimated delivery date. It was actually here the day before they expected to ship it. Havent tried it on yet but it looks like I expected it to look.

The biggest thing about ebay is in the ratings and if you dislike someone on ebay you can always give a negative rating and then other people will be more cautious about that seller if they shop the same way.

Trust in the words of the Axelai!
Thank you for trusting in me 8D I've been doing this eBay crap for years. If you're worried about the seller themself, then check here for their name. There will more than likely be reviews. If not, then post here rather than make a new thread at every site you find XD;

And well, if you want to know why Milanoo is a bad idea, Fallenone, read my post here. They're a HUGE hit and miss, usually a miss. You're extremely lucky you got a good costume out of them. Pretty much everyone I've talked to has gotten utter crap out of them.

Unread 04-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Shippuuden44

Exclamation

Thank you guys so much. I really appriciate the advice. And since you all seem so positive and loving towards ebay...I guess I'll have no choice but to try it. (Isn't shipping like, $30 most the time with them and cosplays?!)

Oh, Alexai, I was wondering. Where exactly DID you get your bomber jacket? I looked at a few army-like stores and couldn't really find one. And is there anywhere I could GET America's patches? If worst comes to worst I'ma have to get my cousin to make them for me, but if I could buy them, that'd be great.

Thanks for all your wise advice and help guys!
Shippuuden44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
Axelai
I'm Awesome

With this seller, you can bypass a lot of the problems if you just send him a private message. Just tell him you want JUST the uniform, how much it would cost, and since you'd be doing the payment without an actual eBay listing, it'd be 10% cheaper (as eBay eats their money so the prices go up). Honestly. The TOTAL price was somewhere around $80. Thats including shipping. When you check eBay listings, look at the total price including shipping, as I don't see shipping as a separate price. I just add it all up XD;

Axelai* (Why does everyone spell my name wrong? > n > )

I got my bomber jacket off of eBay as well. It was some guy selling a jacket he had *shrugs* Just search for things like "leather bomber jacket" or something, and flip through the listings until you see something you like. Then bid and wait. I did that to like, three different jackets until I won this one.

Then for the patches, I just painted them on. I need to repaint them after every convention, but its not too bad. It turned out pretty cartoony looking, which I love.

Unread 04-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #9
fallenone121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Thank you for trusting in me 8D I've been doing this eBay crap for years. If you're worried about the seller themself, then check here for their name. There will more than likely be reviews. If not, then post here rather than make a new thread at every site you find XD;

And well, if you want to know why Milanoo is a bad idea, Fallenone, read my post here. They're a HUGE hit and miss, usually a miss. You're extremely lucky you got a good costume out of them. Pretty much everyone I've talked to has gotten utter crap out of them.
I may be the only person alive who has gotten a good delivery from Milanoo. I will find out today when I try out the outfit as a whole and get pictures up of it beyond what I already have on my profile from last night.
Honey - Ouran High School Host Club (90%)
Mal Reynolds - Firefly / Serenity (10%)
Commander Shepard - Mass Effect (0%)
Spike - Cowboy Bebop (0%)
fallenone121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

If you are looking for someone that commissions cosplay patches, here is one I know of: https://home.comcast.net/~thecosbrigade/

You'd have to email them for a quote, though.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #11
Li_Syaoran
Lone Wolf

I would probably email and ask questions about the company and about the product. If they refuse then it's a NO GO
CureCos:http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=331883
Cos Group Page:https://www.facebook.com/LonewolfCosplay

Current Anime Con list
Sakura con 2013
Male Black Rock Shooter
Sword Art Online Gun-master/Swordsman Kirito
Male Suit Saber from Fate Prototype
Imitation Black Kagamine Len
Li_Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #12
KiddieHeart
Panda lover!

I ordered my Shuffle! cosplay from CosplaySky and I had absolutely no problems.
To each their own I guess. I would recommend them, but considering that my cosplay is completely different from what you're wanting to order, It's probably save to take everyone else's advice with this one. >.<
KiddieHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #13
senyoreeta

I don't know about that site.To find a site is legit or not, you can do some methods. You can check whois lookup for a domain name. Visit the site WhoisXY.com here you can check whois information for domain name. If the information is public and looks legit,you can note the email id, contact number of the domain name owner or administrative or technical department or else sale department. It will help you to contact them if you have any problem after using their services or buying their products. Then you can visit the site ScamAdviser.com check whether the site is trusted or not. If the result will "High Trust Rating. This Site Looks Safe To use." It is good site. Then you can visit Webutation.info here you can read users or customers reviews, ratings and feed backs about the site and their services. If they said good, you can start using the site.
senyoreeta is offline   Reply With Quote