Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-04-2010, 04:55 AM   #1516
Bokimu
NOT MY VITAL REGIONS!! D8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosplayernoob View Post
who has good reference pics of Hungary in her maid outfit from the manga? I'm trying to figure out the apron.
Hope these help. This was helpful for myself also, having to make this dress (2 of them, in fact)

http://aph.starry-sky.com/files/hurapan2.gif Manga panel

http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchi...09-06-28-2.jpg Sketch

http://www.horror-vacui.net/hetarchi...09-05-09-3.jpg A full body, but chibi :/ Probably older, since the style is slightly different here

It looks like it covers the front, cutting off before reaching the bottom so you can still see some of the skirt. With a big bow in the back and has frills on the straps and bottom edge. He really needs to make a full sized pic with better ref one of these days O3O

Elizabeta "Hungary" Hedervary (Manga-canon!maid) Hetalia
Roderich "Austria" Edelstein(Seven Years' War/Default uniforms) Hetalia
Black Lady Sailor Moon R
Kaito Shion (Project Diva 2nd Cantarella/Default outfits) Vocaloids
Ludwig "Germany (Der Fussballen HURR) Hetalia

Stalk Me?
DeviantArt
Twitter
Facebook

Last edited by Bokimu : 07-04-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Bokimu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #1517
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowbark View Post
TrannyMess/ Could you give me a tutorial? I'm not that good with styling wigs in general. ^^''
I'll see what I can do/find. I don't own a camera so I can't take pictures and show you and I don't have access to a Roni right now. Denmark's hair would be fairly simple. The main problem with the pre-styled wigs is that the styling often doesn't stay during shipping. Then, you end up getting a pre-tortured wig that you have to style yourself anyway. That wig is also a little too thin for that style

I do have a webcam and a wig that is the same style as a Roni. I'll see if I can make the camera on my webcam work and play with that wig. They won't be great pictures but they'll give you an idea.
Scott Pilgrim - Scott Pilgrim
Queen Victoria - Kuroshitsuji
Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Badou Nails - Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
TrannyMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #1518
Krethes
It's hammer time

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about people cosplaying countries that aren't displayed in Hetalia? For instance, my friends and I wanted to do a Hetalia cosplay, but none of the characters really appealed to me outright to cosplay (it's changed now, a little late) and so I was like, "Well, I'm French and Irish, so...why not make an Ireland?"

I am aware that Ireland did not have a significant stand-alone role in the world wars, simply because they served primarily with England for the duration. Still, I've made an "add-on" (not really an OC, since, well, Ireland is an actual country xD) of the Republic of Ireland named Moira Delaney. She's a Red Cross nurse and I plan to debut her at SanJapan next week.

My only little concern is that people will flat-out glare or whatnot. I'm not a big fan of OCs myself because usually they end up being focused solely on romantic relationships with canon characters or all-powerful or whatever, so I've avoided making Moira that way (no romantic interest in anyone, a slight resentment towards Arthur for The Troubles and all that, just your average nurse-type caretaker).

So to reiterate, what's your idea on people cosplaying unrepresented countries?
Unread 07-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #1519
sunnystars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krethes View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about people cosplaying countries that aren't displayed in Hetalia? For instance, my friends and I wanted to do a Hetalia cosplay, but none of the characters really appealed to me outright to cosplay (it's changed now, a little late) and so I was like, "Well, I'm French and Irish, so...why not make an Ireland?"

I am aware that Ireland did not have a significant stand-alone role in the world wars, simply because they served primarily with England for the duration. Still, I've made an "add-on" (not really an OC, since, well, Ireland is an actual country xD) of the Republic of Ireland named Moira Delaney. She's a Red Cross nurse and I plan to debut her at SanJapan next week.

My only little concern is that people will flat-out glare or whatnot. I'm not a big fan of OCs myself because usually they end up being focused solely on romantic relationships with canon characters or all-powerful or whatever, so I've avoided making Moira that way (no romantic interest in anyone, a slight resentment towards Arthur for The Troubles and all that, just your average nurse-type caretaker).

Well, I think the thing is that you'd have to make the character look really noticeable so that people can understand that that's a character from Hetalia. Otherwise, I'd say go for it!
sunnystars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #1520
Krethes
It's hammer time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnystars View Post
Well, I think the thing is that you'd have to make the character look really noticeable so that people can understand that that's a character from Hetalia. Otherwise, I'd say go for it!
Will do~ I'll be carrying around a huge Irish flag and I'll be going around with a Chibitalia. Thank you~
Unread 07-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #1521
Dei_Dragon
Geijutsu wa bakuhatsu da

Quote:

I was talking to a Korea cosplayer recently and she said that occasionally she'll run into people who only watch the anime and they think it's cute that she "made up" a design for Korea. *shrugs* Don't know if that's of any help. The flag will definitely help you get recognized as a Hetalia cosplayer though.
Nibi/Two Tails
Gijinka!Nefertimon
Nanao
China
Egypt
Northern Cyprus
Oki

Planned/Possible
Otohime
Anthro!Cynder
Dei_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #1522
Brsis
Shitsuji DESU~~~

Quote:

I have seen a staggeringly huge number of Hetalia OCs. Pretty much every country that doesn't have an established Nation-tan has turned up at one of our meets at some point, from guys like New Zealand, who seem to have an established 'image' even though it's not official, to complete OCs.

So I say go for it - I've never had other Hetalia fans, at any rate, get terribly upset about it. The worst I've ever seen was a "Hmm, well, I wouldn't have done it like that..."
and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide you're God,
to the considerable detriment of your social life."
Brsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #1523
Princess Blade
[ crazed dreamer ]

@Krethes - I've also seen quite a number of countries that haven't been included in the manga, but no one has ever said anything negative about it. In fact, people that I've come across have been very supportive. The more the merrier, yes? Though, the countries not represented that I've seen were either wearing traditional clothing or their own personal image of their country and carrying a flag. Hope that helps! ^^

Last edited by Princess Blade : 07-05-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Princess Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #1524
Krethes
It's hammer time

I'm happy to see that it's not like, taboo or anything. xD On the convention-site forums I was more or less ignored when in discussion about Hetalia photoshoots or events, so I was concerned, but if it's just a handful of people being rude, I can totes handle it. :3 Thank you, everyone~ My confidence level has been restored to normal now. D
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #1525
KamuriAkane
prone to fangirling

I'd say definitely go for it (seems like you've decided to anyway, but reinforcement is nice sometimes.) In my experience, I've found the community to be very welcoming. I know that when I run shoots (most of the New England conventions at this point) and most of the ones I've attended have had a time at the end for "Fan Nations." Because of the nature of Hetalia and the sometimes fierce pride people have for their own heritage, there is a large part of the group that has created their own ideas of countries that haven't shown up yet.

If you show up to the shoot and feel comfortable doing so, mention to the person running it that you're playing a personal creation. You might be amazed to learn that others have done the same.

If nothing else, it leads to some really great discussion because a lot of people have different ideas of what the non-cannon nations would look like.

Prussia: Hetalia
England: Hetalia
Genjyo Sanzo: Saiyuki Reload
Revy: Black Lagoon
Rin Tohsaka: Fate/Stay Night
KamuriAkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #1526
Brsis
Shitsuji DESU~~~

Mmm, costume question (Really two-and-a-bit costume questions...)

I'm doing a female version of England's uniform (The pattern for the jacket makes me inordinately happy ^.^) and I can't decide how I want the skirt:

Straight pencil skirt with a kickpleat at the back (Standard modern uniform design)

OR

Tailored panelled pencil skirt with a side slit (I like this pattern a lot, but it's more 'sexy' and... I'm not sure how I feel about that given the costume/company)

I've also toyed with the idea of making the skirt high-waisted (Coming to just under the bust) and/or adding suspenders, since according to my reference books it seems that England would normally be wearing those anyway (again, I love this style, but I'd have to take my jacket off for anyone to see it)

Any thoughts?

Also: Brown or black shoes? I can't decide...
and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide you're God,
to the considerable detriment of your social life."
Brsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #1527
Krethes
It's hammer time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brsis View Post
Mmm, costume question (Really two-and-a-bit costume questions...)

I'm doing a female version of England's uniform (The pattern for the jacket makes me inordinately happy ^.^) and I can't decide how I want the skirt:

Straight pencil skirt with a kickpleat at the back (Standard modern uniform design)

OR

Tailored panelled pencil skirt with a side slit (I like this pattern a lot, but it's more 'sexy' and... I'm not sure how I feel about that given the costume/company)

I've also toyed with the idea of making the skirt high-waisted (Coming to just under the bust) and/or adding suspenders, since according to my reference books it seems that England would normally be wearing those anyway (again, I love this style, but I'd have to take my jacket off for anyone to see it)

Any thoughts?

Also: Brown or black shoes? I can't decide...
Ooh~ This sounds like a cute idea. :3 I say go for the one with the kick-back pleats since it's more traditional, and definitely with suspenders. Oh! And brown shoes, because black is overrated in footwear.
Unread 07-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #1528
Ailovelove
Obscure cosplays ;^;

Quick question for a Prussia cosplay.

Which one of these wigs would be best for his hair ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-White-Cosp...item20b1c35f48

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-Light-Blon...item51902c4491

I was thinking about getting the white one, but it seems too white, while the blonde one seems too blonde. They have a blonde one that I think is perfect, but the style is not correct and I don't trust myself to not ruin it trying to style it correctly.

Thanks in advance !
Seishun-con 2012 - FORGOT ALL MY COSPLAYS
AWA 2012 - ? May or may not go.

Dream cosplay: Xelha, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Alabama cosplayer, here~

Ay, yo, I got a DA.
Ailovelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #1529
Princess Blade
[ crazed dreamer ]

Hey all,

I did have a quick costume question as well:

I'm planning to make my boyfriend a Russia jacket, but he wants to wear it for regular use in addition to cosplay. What fabrics would you suggest? I was thinking corduroy or some suting, but he told me he'd like it if it were washing machine-friendly. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!
Princess Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #1530
DGRAYMANiac

@Ailovelove
i also think the white is too white and the blond is too blond. Gilbert seems to have more of a silver/gray colored hair. so if you had to choose between those two wigs, i would go with the white one, but that's just me. i hoped that helped >_<
DGRAYMANiac is offline   Reply With Quote