Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 189 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #1561
MewAngel
Help me, UDONGEINNN!

Hello there~

I wanted to cosplay America, but I know my mom would instantly reject crossplaying. Sooo, I decided to make a girl America based on his normal outfit. Would that be okay with people or is genderbending frowned upon? D:
MewAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #1562
Sorakachan

Hey, guys, I'm late to the party (as usual) and am a n00b to all things Hetalia. However, one of my close friends wants to cosplay it with me. So, I come here asking (since I can't sew worth shit) if there is any place (or person) you recommend buying a N.Italy costume from (Just to be sure, it's the protagonist Italy. Haven't got the North and South completely memorized yet). I would need the full costume, so outfit, wig, and all. Maybe not the boots, but...yeah.

Does anyone recommend some places where it's very, very cheap but not crap?
Sorakachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 01:21 AM   #1563
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewAngel View Post
Hello there~

I wanted to cosplay America, but I know my mom would instantly reject crossplaying. Sooo, I decided to make a girl America based on his normal outfit. Would that be okay with people or is genderbending frowned upon? D:
Well, there are official designs for FemAmerica as well as the other main characters. But I'm going to guess your mom might not like it either as the FemAmerica wears short shorts and exposed midriff.

Here's a pic of one FemAmerica I met at a cosplay picnic: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...0/DSCF0335.jpg

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #1564
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:
Hello there~

Like Shana05 said, the most commonly found one is the one with the skimpy clothing which your mum might also not approve of but there is also uniform variations seen in fanart sometimes like this: http://i27.tinypic.com/1oqe6p.jpg

I don't see any problem with genderbending. But you might want to go ahead and ask about the crossplay, I thought my parents wouldn't approve but they were really supportive

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 07-17-2010 at 03:02 PM.
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #1565
Brsis
Shitsuji DESU~~~

Quote:
There's genderbending all over the place in Hetalia cosplay - I have designs for genderbent versions of the whole main cast's uniforms (And one day I will actually make them all!). There are even Official Designs (Although as previously mentioned, America's is very skimpy)

An idea might be to sketch up (Doesn't matter how bad your drawing skills are - use a stick figure base if you need to ^.^ That's what I did when I was first designing) what the regular version looks like, what the girl version looks like, and if you want a girl version of America's regular uniform too. Pick the version you genuinely like best. If you don't think your Mum will approve, you now have three sketches to show her what, exactly, you would be wearing and what you would NOT be wearing. Many Mums prefer dressing as a boy to dressing as a tart.

My Mum is also against crossplay, but that's because she wants me to dress up like a sparkly fairy princess. However, once we've ruled out the princesses, given the option of boys or bikinis, she goes with boys.
and if you decode its complicated patterns you inevitably decide you're God,
to the considerable detriment of your social life."
Brsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #1566
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
Alright! Thank you very much!

Oh, and would you happen know what kind of material to use for the hat?
So it looks like this type of fabric: http://www.thechestore.com/prodimage...he-Guevara.jpg
Your link doesn't work for me but I would try to match the jacket. Your best bet is probably to use a bottom weight fabric. A cotton twill would be good or, as the tutorial said, wool.
Scott Pilgrim - Scott Pilgrim
Queen Victoria - Kuroshitsuji
Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Badou Nails - Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
TrannyMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #1567
WhisperSaysKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorakachan View Post
Hey, guys, I'm late to the party (as usual) and am a n00b to all things Hetalia. However, one of my close friends wants to cosplay it with me. So, I come here asking (since I can't sew worth shit) if there is any place (or person) you recommend buying a N.Italy costume from (Just to be sure, it's the protagonist Italy. Haven't got the North and South completely memorized yet). I would need the full costume, so outfit, wig, and all. Maybe not the boots, but...yeah.

Does anyone recommend some places where it's very, very cheap but not crap?
Try ebay for the wig, there are plenty of character wigs on there.

Here's a few,
http://cgi.ebay.com/COS57-APH-Axis-Powers-Hetalia-Cosplay-Wig-N-Italy-/220630562022?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&ha sh=item335e9b34e6

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hetalia-Axis-powers-Italy-cosplay-wig-/250661260963?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&ha sh=item3a5c934ea3

I'm not sure where you should get the costume from, most cosplay is quite expensive and good quality is hard to find. Most Italy costumes I've found sell for at least $60, not including the shipping.

Possible Future Cosplays:
Toph- Avatar
Marceline- Adventure time
Luna Lovegood- Harry Potter
Meyrin- Black Butler
Flapjack- The Misadventures of Flapjack
WhisperSaysKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #1568
Erzebet

@ MewAngel this is one of my favorite genderbend pics <3 Putting it as an attachment, I got it from danbooru and they don't exactly have the most family-friendly ads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skirts.jpg (87.2 KB, 0 views)
Erzebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #1569
MewAngel
Help me, UDONGEINNN!

Thanks, people!

I have drawn my own designs and probably will show her those.
MewAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #1570
taivaspoika
the Official Stalker

So, I finally decided what cosplay to make next from Hetalia - I picked Russia. Actually, I've been wanting to make him since I first got into the series...

Now, I know he has alternative outfits, not just the usual uniform he is wearing(I like it too, but... I want to make something different).
The only problem is that... well... I can't seem to find pictures of them anywhere! Anyone willing to give me a hand?

Also, my little sister is going to be a Belarus. ..she is taller than me and I'm the one usually clinging to her - that didn't work too well with me as Sweden and her as Denmark, and now it'll work a lot worse. Oh well.

taivaspoika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #1571
Sikorsky
The Freckled L

Quote:
Originally Posted by taivaspoika View Post
So, I finally decided what cosplay to make next from Hetalia - I picked Russia. Actually, I've been wanting to make him since I first got into the series...

Now, I know he has alternative outfits, not just the usual uniform he is wearing(I like it too, but... I want to make something different).
The only problem is that... well... I can't seem to find pictures of them anywhere! Anyone willing to give me a hand?

Also, my little sister is going to be a Belarus. ..she is taller than me and I'm the one usually clinging to her - that didn't work too well with me as Sweden and her as Denmark, and now it'll work a lot worse. Oh well.
Here are some of Russia's other outfits: http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...an%20Costumes/

Hope that helped ^^

Completed:
Spain from Hetalia
L from Death Note

Working On:
Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji
Kaiko from Vocaloid
Traditional-casual!Russia from Hetalia
Sikorsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #1572
ObitoTheHero

Hi! Umm...I had a question about my Canada cosplay? Well, it's currently summer and in this part of the US it's pretty hot so sweatshirts are out of season. I can't find any ANYWHERE!

So, I was wondering, did any of you buy Canada's plain red sweatshirt online? And if so, where because I was trying to find one fairly cheap so...yeah!

Future Cosplays:
Gilbert Nightray [Pandora Hearts]
Roxas [Kingdom Hearts II]
Lovino/Romano (South Italy) [Axis Powers Hetalia]
Kyouya Ootori [Ouran Highschool Host Club]

Finished Cosplays:
Pikachu [Pokemon]- Anime Boston 2010
Belle [Disney's Beauty and the Beast]
Merida [Disney's Brave]
Rapunzel [Disney's Tangled]
Hungary [Axis Powers Hetalia]

My Deviantart:http://obitothehero.deviantart.com/
ObitoTheHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #1573
taivaspoika
the Official Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
Here are some of Russia's other outfits: http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...an%20Costumes/

Hope that helped ^^
Thank you thank you thank you! You're my, err, hero.
I think I'll make something out of this...

Unread 07-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #1574
Sikorsky
The Freckled L

Quote:
Originally Posted by taivaspoika View Post
Thank you thank you thank you! You're my, err, hero.
I think I'll make something out of this...
Cute! That's one of my favourites of his outfits ^^ I'll want to see photos when it's done~

Completed:
Spain from Hetalia
L from Death Note

Working On:
Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji
Kaiko from Vocaloid
Traditional-casual!Russia from Hetalia
Sikorsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #1575
taivaspoika
the Official Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
Cute! That's one of my favourites of his outfits ^^ I'll want to see photos when it's done~
He~ Okay, I'll be sure to get some then.
...well, I'd better get to work as soon as I finish some other stuff first...