Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 213 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #811
SpellMeRed
Awesome Team, Go?

Would it be smart to just leave my hair color...(it's brown) and just style it like Germany's? I'm trying to avoid getting a wig >_>
Left 4 Dead 2-Nick(100%)
Pokemon Trainer Black/White-"Trainer Black/Touya"

Conventions
New York Anime Fest 10':Completed
SpellMeRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #812
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

Phwee lol you're doing Doitsu now? I suggest, if you don't want a wig but want Germany's color, either getting your hair colored, or finding a reeeeeeally good colored hairspray and attacking your head.
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Meenah Peixes [Homestuck]
Castiel [Supernatural]
AU!Finn the Human? [Adventure Time]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Briana-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #813
SpellMeRed
Awesome Team, Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briana-Sama View Post
Phwee lol you're doing Doitsu now? I suggest, if you don't want a wig but want Germany's color, either getting your hair colored, or finding a reeeeeeally good colored hairspray and attacking your head.
I was thinking of the Hairspray idea, but would it flake off after awhile? *sigh* All of this for the sake of cosplay XD.

I DID consider coloring it...but my mom said flat out "No." T_T
Left 4 Dead 2-Nick(100%)

Conventions
Unread 11-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #814
Briana-Sama
shoot for the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpellMeRed View Post
I was thinking of the Hairspray idea, but would it flake off after awhile? *sigh* All of this for the sake of cosplay XD.

I DID consider coloring it...but my mom said flat out "No." T_T
XD Everything is for the sake of cosplay!

I think if you get the right hairspray it wont, but I'm no expert on hair products XD;; -brushes and goes- I would seek help in the wig & eyes section for that.
San Japan?
AnimeFest
YuleCon

A-Kon Cosplays
Meenah Peixes [Homestuck]
Castiel [Supernatural]
AU!Finn the Human? [Adventure Time]
Secret Cosplay [---]
Briana-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #815
SpellMeRed
Awesome Team, Go?

Quote:
XD Everything is for the sake of cosplay!

I think if you get the right hairspray it wont, but I'm no expert on hair products XD;; -brushes and goes- I would seek help in the wig & eyes section for that.
I'll check it out then XD thanks!
Left 4 Dead 2-Nick(100%)

Conventions
Unread 11-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #816
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Spellmered! Most people on the hair thread will discourage you from using colored hairspray like the ones used on halloween and spirit days in high school. It does not look good nor does it cover compleatly. I would suggest getting a semi-permanate wash out dye. I like to use Natual Instincts. They sell it with the regular hair dye. It lasts a few weeks and if you dye your hair like a week in advance, it still should be bright enough. I wouldn't dye it the day before, because then you have no time to fix it if it's not right. I'd do the strand test the box suggests to make sure to get the right color (I didn't do it and now I have really dark brown hair)

The wash out color is the only thing my mom will let me do. And it doesn't ruin your hiar because it has natural oils and comes with a conditioner. And it doesn't smell bad.

RANDOM! I really want to do Canada now! I just have way too many cosplays

Last edited by Saru-chan : 11-19-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Saru-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #817
Kimberly_S_O
I dream to be handsome

@Saru: Yeah I know, just look at my list grow in 1 month from 1 to 7 already Such a costly pastime

...my Sun...

...Disappeared...
Kimberly_S_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #818
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Kim! I know...I have no idea how I'm going to explain to my parents the giant scythe I'm getting commissioned. Especially since they told me not to spend money on cosplay xD I really want to do Canada for AX, but I already have like five cosplays I want to wear. Grah....
Unread 11-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #819
SpellMeRed
Awesome Team, Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saru-chan View Post
Spellmered! Most people on the hair thread will discourage you from using colored hairspray like the ones used on halloween and spirit days in high school. It does not look good nor does it cover compleatly. I would suggest getting a semi-permanate wash out dye. I like to use Natual Instincts. They sell it with the regular hair dye. It lasts a few weeks and if you dye your hair like a week in advance, it still should be bright enough. I wouldn't dye it the day before, because then you have no time to fix it if it's not right. I'd do the strand test the box suggests to make sure to get the right color (I didn't do it and now I have really dark brown hair)

The wash out color is the only thing my mom will let me do. And it doesn't ruin your hiar because it has natural oils and comes with a conditioner. And it doesn't smell bad.

RANDOM! I really want to do Canada now! I just have way too many cosplays
The thing is convincing my mom this xD, I'm geussing guys don't really dye their hair as much as girls do, even if it's temp ._. Say if I do it a week before, will it wash out after I'm done with it? How long?
Left 4 Dead 2-Nick(100%)

Conventions
Unread 11-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #820
Kimberly_S_O
I dream to be handsome

@Spellmered: It depends on which brand you choose (as far as I know, Loreal stays quite long) and your hair type (some people can keep the color really long, some other, like me, can only keep for some period of time). Sometimes the shampoo you use may affect the color too (better not use Clear or Head n Shoulder if you want the color to stay)

@Saru: Man, I told my Mom this morning that I was crossplaying, and the next thing she did was questioning my gender

...my Sun...

...Disappeared...
Kimberly_S_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 01:34 AM   #821
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Spellmered! ha ha sorry, I automatically assume that everyone meet on the internet is a girl because I am one xD I can see why you're mom has issues with the dye. I dyed my hair black using Natural Instincts Nutmeg, and it stayed for maybe a month. You could always use a clarifying shampoo to make it wash out faster. As Kin said, it depends on your hair type and what your original color is. The rule of thumb is to go two shades above or below your natural color so the dye doesn't stain. It may give you some cool high lights though.

I just recently used a dark brown to dye out my streaks, so instead of bright blond streaks, I have light brown xD

Kim! Oh geez, that sucks *hugs* I got looked at like a transvestite when I mentioned it at the Gay Straight Alliance. I don't think my mom realizes that I want to dress up as a boy yet. xD
Unread 11-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #822
Tanoshii-Chan
owns your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzebet View Post
Tanoshii-Chan Here's one I like http://amphigory.com/wigs_a_young.html I've never ordered from them, though
I actually like that wig a lot. It would need a good trimming, but I don't mind. Amphigory actually has some good wigs. That's where my America got her wig and honestly it's the best America wig I've seen online or otherwise.

[EDIT] IT DOESN'T COME IN BLOND ANY MORE!!! X A Xllll

Quote:
(fracking aph and their fracking difficult boy cuts XD)
I concur. `xD

Quote:
I, personally, don't like cosworx because after i tried to tame my scruffy with hot water it got reeeally frizzy.
It really depends on what brand you get from Cosworx. There's three brands. I liked the wig that I *FINALLY* got for Germania a lot, and it came from Cosworx.

Last edited by Tanoshii-Chan : 11-20-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Tanoshii-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #823
SpellMeRed
Awesome Team, Go?

Quote:
Spellmered! ha ha sorry, I automatically assume that everyone meet on the internet is a girl because I am one xD I can see why you're mom has issues with the dye. I dyed my hair black using Natural Instincts Nutmeg, and it stayed for maybe a month. You could always use a clarifying shampoo to make it wash out faster. As Kin said, it depends on your hair type and what your original color is. The rule of thumb is to go two shades above or below your natural color so the dye doesn't stain. It may give you some cool high lights though.

I just recently used a dark brown to dye out my streaks, so instead of bright blond streaks, I have light brown xD

Kim! Oh geez, that sucks *hugs* I got looked at like a transvestite when I mentioned it at the Gay Straight Alliance. I don't think my mom realizes that I want to dress up as a boy yet. xD
You should have seen the convo I had with my mom about Cosplaying..and getting a wig. I had to SHOW her examples so she woulden't think I'm off my rocker : D

I don't even want to try convincing her getting the Horse whip for Germany...>_< That will cause her to worry more then she should XD
Left 4 Dead 2-Nick(100%)

Conventions
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #824
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Spellmered! I just dye my hair when I'm at school (I dorm at college) when my mom's not looking. I'm sorry she's all pissy about it. My mom has no realized that I cosplay boys yet. I'm waiting for it. I want to get a riding crop just for the hell of it. It's be fun! xD I need handcuffs for Fem!Bari anyway *evil chuckle*
Unread 11-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #825
SpellMeRed
Awesome Team, Go?

Quote:
Spellmered! I just dye my hair when I'm at school (I dorm at college) when my mom's not looking. I'm sorry she's all pissy about it. My mom has no realized that I cosplay boys yet. I'm waiting for it. I want to get a riding crop just for the hell of it. It's be fun! xD I need handcuffs for Fem!Bari anyway *evil chuckle*
Oh god, I can see it now already XD It's that the riding crop works so WELL with Ludwig it's not even funny. Unless they sell it at the con, I don't think I can get that past her lol.

So, my friend is also playing Prussia, and my other friend is going to try to be America. (it's going to be her backup cosplay though ^_^)
Left 4 Dead 2-Nick(100%)

Conventions