Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 08-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
TheMagicalLucy

Two Questions (Air Gear&D.Gray-Man)

I'm completely new to these forums, so please forgive me if I say something stupid.

First problem
I know it sounds silly, but I've looked everywhere and I can't find an eyepatch like Akito/Agito from Air Gear. I tried making one, but I manage to destroy the simplest of items.

Second problem
I'm stuffed as to where to get some glasses for my Komui cosplay. I don't need glasses and I never had. Wearing other people's glasses would damage my vision and I'd probably break them. I looked in a costume shop, but they only had stupid ones with huge frames. Komui has style 8D

Thankyooou ^^
TheMagicalLucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Nekoyasha_23

For mine I just went to the dollar store and got some reading glasses that I could see though, but good look finding a pair, you could always call an eye doctor and see how much it would cost just to get glass lenes ?_?
Nekoyasha_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Fashwiing
picks on blond bartenders

Oddly enough, I've never dipped into the Air Gear fandom yet I still know where to get the eyepatch. A few J-rock websites carry them, I do believe, and if it's just a simple medical eyepatch then you could try your local pharmacy.

As for Komui's eyeglasses, he does balance them a bit farther down his nose than other people, so try going to, say, an Albertsons or a Dollar store and finding a pair of eyeglasses that look like his with very weak lenses. Weak lenses are better than either no lenses at all or just pieces of glass, because the no-lens method looks a bit odd and the glass method can take a while to clear with your eye doctor and can cost as much as getting a regular pair of glasses. Since Komui puts his glasses farther down his nose the very weak lenses shouldn't even bother you.

Cons I plan on attending:
Newcon 2013
ALA 2014
Sakuracon 2014
Fanime 2014
Kumoricon 2014

Am I the only one who thinks just living is sad?
Fashwiing is offline   Reply With Quote