Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

A fest Cosplay contest times and online reg?

Hey guys, I made a few discoveries today looking for the anime fest schedule online.
First of all, if you have an account on the site you can try to register for the cosplay contests online with an online form. If you click on my account it takes you to options like my purchases, my schedule ect. One of them is My contest entries and if you click on it it takes you to the option of 2 online forms.

I tried to register but I don't think the form is working correctly, so I was wondering if anyone else had attempted this new feature.

I was also slightly alarmed at the form for the masque, I've copy and pasted it here:
"The contest begins at Saturday Aug 2nd at 08:00PM. The deadline to enter the contest is Friday Aug 1st at 11:59PM. Each entry can have (at most) 1 participant(s)."

Were there ever rules for the masque posted? Does it bring up group walk ons at all? I know a lot of people that could be effected if they are really limiting it to 1 person. Do you think they could be forcing all groups to go on stage as "skits" (I know this is what they did last year)

Another thing to bring to attention, the times for rehearsals are up in the schedule. The masque rehearsal starts at 7pm in a panel room (on Saturday) where the skit rehearsal starts at 3pm in main events (on Sunday). Again with early rehearsal for contest Afest? Since this is so early it can effect a lot of things that were scheduled thinking the skit participants would be available later (photo shoots and fan gatherings) so heres the heads up if you need to reassess your plans.

One week to go guys!

(heres a link to the schedule for anyone that wants to see it in its entirety:
http://www.animefest.org/AF2008/AF20...ndWorkshops-20 08-08-25.pdf )

Unread 08-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Illa Scriptor
is a man teen.

Thank you so much, Cat-Chan! I will be checking it through the week to try to sign up.

EVIL GENIUS OF SAUCY NOODLE COSPLAY
CURRENTLY PLOTTING:
Yoko Ritona, Sayaka Miki, Rose Tyler
Illa Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
TR Rose
Meowing About

I saw on their forums that online signup might not work out and they said just to bring the forms to the Info Desk.

[quote title=Zusi wrote on Wed, 20 August 2008 22:52]Since we are down to crunch time and are not positive the online registration for CosPlay and Masquerade will be up, we have posted the PDF forms to download. You can turn these in at the INFO DESK on the dealer room level during the convention.[/quote]

[quote title=Zusi wrote on Mon, 18 August 2008 13:48]Hey everyone, sorry it has taken so long to get the Masquerade and Cosplay forms up. There was a great idea to fix it so you could enter the contests via the website and upload a picture for the judges. That is still being worked on, but I was getting a lot of questions about the forms being ready so we went ahead and posted the PDF forms for download.

If we get the cool online thing working before the convention, I will give a shout out.

[/quote]

Hope that helps.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Cat-Chans
Glaceon, I choose you!

ah, cool. Either way I was just surprised to see them making the effort. Hopefully it will run smoother next year but I think its great they're trying
Unread 08-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
Illa Scriptor
is a man teen.

Aww, too bad. I'm not going until Saturday morning, so I can't turn in my form til then. Do you think it'll be too late?

EVIL GENIUS OF SAUCY NOODLE COSPLAY
CURRENTLY PLOTTING:
Yoko Ritona, Sayaka Miki, Rose Tyler
Illa Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
Katie-chan
Hobbit Katie

Thanks Cat-chan for posting this information. I was wanting to know the heads up and was search my best but I have times where I just miss things.
Katie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #7
Lady Saea
Formerly Jonobi =)

Actually you're a little off on the turn in deadline for Masquerade.

Quoted from the site: "All sign up sheets must be completed and turned into the Information Desk by Saturday August 30 at 3PM. " (Note: Skit sign up deadline is Sunday at noon)

As well if you download the PDF form it has an option for individual walk-on and group walk-on.

Lady Saea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

I'm glad they're allowing the "print-out-and-bring" policy, because I forgot my account information!!

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote