Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > MegaCon

Unread 08-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Megacon 2009 In Search of A Saxophone Playing Phoenix Wright Cosplayer !!!

Ok... I know the title of this thread sounds weird enough and its only the end of August but I had the craziest idea regarding my plans for Megacon next year and its best to start looking now for a partner because i'll need one (well technically I don't... BUT it would make things so much more better if I did have one...) for Megacon 09 but the requirement is that you'd be willing to accompany me in some musical performances during the convention and some rehearsals prior to Megacon.

Now like the thread's title said I'll be needing someone with experience with Alto Saxophone (Tenor will also do or at least have one and can play/willing to learn to play by the con) and you would have to cosplay a character from the Phoenix Wright series. If you are really captivated by this idea and would actually GET a sax to do this and would put effort in learning thats alright too. The reason I'm making such a request is because I'm going to be doing this very thing but thought it would be so much more enjoyable if it was a Duet ... or even a trio if you want to throw in a Trumpet as the third but I was just originally aiming for a second sax player

Another thing... For the phoenix wright cosplay any character will do just be advised that I shall be cosplaying none other than Godot (If you know your phoenix wright REALLY well then you should now know where I'm going with this).

Feel free to PM me if your interested and to those wondering what i'm up too ... well you'll just have to wait for Megacon 2009 now don'tcha ^_^ ?
So Han’s walking down the halls of Bespin with his old friend Lando. Leia’s there, and lookin’ good. Han thinks he’s off to dinner - maybe some wine, a little flirting, and then back to the ol’ guest quarters with Her Hotness. But the door opens, and there’s Vader. ...Han doesn’t look at Lando; he doesn’t duck or run. What does Han do?

He starts shooting at the bastard.

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
JFBount is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
makeshiftwings

Haha oh god this shall be epic XD
AFO - Possessed Wander (Friday); Earth Kingdom Toph with Fire Nation Cloak (Saturday & Sunday)
Dragon*con - Toph Bei Fong (Sunday)

Planned Cosplays

Okami Amaterasu (Planning) [Completion Date: ???]
makeshiftwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2008, 04:05 AM   #3
JFBount
President of Hyperion

I can only hope ^_^ ... fans of the series will most definitely enjoy this!
So Han’s walking down the halls of Bespin with his old friend Lando. Leia’s there, and lookin’ good. Han thinks he’s off to dinner - maybe some wine, a little flirting, and then back to the ol’ guest quarters with Her Hotness. But the door opens, and there’s Vader. ...Han doesn’t look at Lando; he doesn’t duck or run. What does Han do?

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
Unread 08-28-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
blairz0rz
Miss Justice

Cool

>.> Good luck, jerkface.
<.< I'll try to get ya dat sax you want ever-so-badly.
Unread 01-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
moonfall

Oh, I was looking for you. (I'm the flute-playing Franziska cosplayer). What pieces did you have in mind?
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Dahlia_Wright

I can't wait to see this! I'll be Dahlia Hawthorne, cheering you on or possibly poisoning your coffee
Dahlia_Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
dennisud2015
It'sa Papa Mario to youse

Well... if you want I have an old Trombone in the closet and I can read music and play, but I usually cosplay Mario, plus this year Gomez Addams. So let me know if you need a low abrass and when & where!

Mr.D

"Knowledge is power, as long as you know how to use it!" -dennisud

"And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "Beyond Good and Evil"

dennis_d@.firn.edu
dennisud2015@yahoo.com
http://dennisud.livejournal.com/
dennisud2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
JFBount
President of Hyperion

Heh thanks Mr.D

So!!! Yeah Saxophone is WAYYYYY harder than I originally thought!! I've been playing Brass for about 9 years now (Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, etc) so I thought i would have SOME handle on Alto but man Woodwind is worlds apart from brass >_<.

I'm right now learning Godot's theme but anything beyond that might be a stretch... Moonfall if you want to practice the Second section to Godot's theme that would be great because that part was originally meant for Flute (If you listened to the theme from the Phoenix Wright Orchestra 2008 soundtrack) or Piano (for the Jazz soundtrack).

IF ANYTHING ELSE I'll try to learn Dahlia's Theme because thats the easiest one but that REQUIRES more than one person playing.

Remember this is going to happen on Friday (and maybe another go on sunday). Saturday I have Freakzoid planned and thats going to be an all day thing for me but If any PW Faithfuls want to get together still and play on by all means ^_^

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
Unread 01-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
Dahlia_Wright

good luck...Dahlia's theme would be amazing!!!! Maybe I'm a lil biased.
Dahlia_Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #10
moonfall

Either you'll have to do the first part of Godot's theme as a solo or I'm going to have to tweak the music a little. The C-keyed parts go below the register of a flute in some places.

Luke Atmey and Mask* DeMasque's themes are among my personal favorites, but they might be a bit difficult.
Unread 02-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #11
dennisud2015
It'sa Papa Mario to youse

So, you still need a trombone player?

"Knowledge is power, as long as you know how to use it!" -dennisud

"And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "Beyond Good and Evil"

dennis_d@.firn.edu
dennisud2015@yahoo.com
http://dennisud.livejournal.com/
dennisud2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
JFBount
President of Hyperion

It really depends if I can actually pull this off... unfortunately I don't get alot of time with the sax and when I do its just trying to figure out whats what. I am trying my hardest though because I really really really really want to do this. I'll probably be able to tell you soon though so we can get everything organized

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
Unread 02-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #13
Gentleman
The Awesome Paladin

I'd do an instrument with you, but I don't think Damon Gant dragging an organ everywhere would work out very well!
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
JFBount
President of Hyperion

you better do Gant if you saying your gunna do him lol

He starts shooting.

Be like Han.
Unread 02-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #15
moonfall

I've got the Blue Badger theme. I plan on playing it over and over until people beg me to stop.

I may not be able to leave Gainesville Thursday. I have class Friday morning until 11:30, and I got sick last week and can't miss any more classes. It takes 2-2.5 hours to get to Orlando, but I should be there at some point in the afternoon.