Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 213 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
mini_kitten_o5

Kuroshitsuji Cosplay

Kuroshitsuji is basically almost unheard of right now I think. Though its going to become an anime soon so its popularity should increase. But because of that I think it has a really nice fan base right now! I even saw a couple cosplays from this series on cosplay.com! So I'm thinking I might attempt to cosplay Ciel Phantomhive, in particular,This version.
So I'm wondering, the purple cloth thing Ciel (the boy in red) is sitting on, is that part of the outfit?

Is anyone else planning a cosplay from this series?

Reference List Index: Thanks to everyone who contributed!:
(Full of spoilers!) If the font is size 1, then we don't have them yet.

Phantomhive Household:
Ciel Phantomhive
Sebastian Michaelis
Bard
Finian
Maylene
Mr.Tanaka

Lau and Ranmao:
Lau
Ranmao

Ciel's Parents and Madame Red:
Ciel's Parents
Madame Red

Nobles:
Elizabeth Middleford
Viscount Druitt

Indian Arc:
Soma
Agni

Otherworldly:
Grell Sutcliff
William T.Spears
Undertaker

Noah's Ark Circus:
Joker
Beast
Doll

Anime Only:
Angela
Pluto
Drossel

Last edited by mini_kitten_o5 : 02-27-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Unread 08-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

Yes, that is part of the outfit; you can tell by the black lace along the bottom and the fact that it's not just a rectangular cut along the bottom like a blanket, sheet, or sash would be.
And...is that really a guy?
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
mini_kitten_o5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumiyo View Post
Yes, that is part of the outfit; you can tell by the black lace along the bottom and the fact that it's not just a rectangular cut along the bottom like a blanket, sheet, or sash would be.
And...is that really a guy?
Ah! Your right! So I guess I'll be looking for shiny purple fabric on my next trip to Fabricland then. Yes, it really is a guy.
Unread 08-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
lament

Yayness! another Kuroshitsuji fan <3
My group's debut is next year, though we started planning in April ^^;

I want to know-is the cloth really purple? It looks brownish to me (I'm slightly colour-blind though).
lament is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
mini_kitten_o5

Personally it looks like a cross between purple and brown to me. Since the pillows that Ciel is sitting on looks to be more brown to me. I'm probably going to use satin for that.

And yay! Another Kuroshitsuji fan! I think Kuroshitsuji is going to be a good hit when it comes out and get lots of cosplayers. Since when I looked on Curecos, there were over 440 cosplay images for Kuroshitsuji.
Unread 08-27-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
Jilly-Bean

Actually, I think someone cosplayed this version on the site, and they had the cloth attached to the outfit. You could PM them and ask if you want.

Ever since I got the manga I've been dying to make one of Ciel's outfits, even though I'm kind of taller than a 12 year old XD I really liked the dress he wore during the Jack the Ripper case, and I thought his paperboy outfit was pretty cute.
Jilly-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #7
mini_kitten_o5

I looked at cosplays of that version of Ciel, and I noticed almost all of them put the purple cloth thing so I'll definately be sewing that on.

I adored the dress Ciel wore during he Jack the Ripper case as well, I originally wanted to sew that version until I realized how much fabric would be needed. (I'm officially broke after Fan Expo) Since I'm going to be buying a wig for Ciel, I decided I might as well try to make the strawberry version of him after.
Unread 08-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
Jilly-Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_kitten_o5 View Post
I adored the dress Ciel wore during he Jack the Ripper case as well, I originally wanted to sew that version until I realized how much fabric would be needed. (I'm officially broke after Fan Expo) Since I'm going to be buying a wig for Ciel, I decided I might as well try to make the strawberry version of him after.
Haha, yeah when I saw how much fabric would be needed, I got kind of put off. But my friend found this fabric store that's in a bad neighborhood, but the fabric is soooo cheap. Then again the dress would probably require a hoop under it, or some pettycoats...
Is it just me, or does Ciel seem to wear roses...a lot? On just about every one of his outfits...
Unread 08-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #9
mini_kitten_o5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly-Bean View Post
Haha, yeah when I saw how much fabric would be needed, I got kind of put off. But my friend found this fabric store that's in a bad neighborhood, but the fabric is soooo cheap. Then again the dress would probably require a hoop under it, or some pettycoats...
Is it just me, or does Ciel seem to wear roses...a lot? On just about every one of his outfits...
It seems that either way Ciel's dress will cost a couple shiny pennies. I never thought about the hoop skirt, though now that you mention it, its probably necessary. Since without it the dress would simply be limp, and not have the poof.

Ciel does wear roses a lot. I think the only one Ciel doesn't have a rose on is his strawberry one. Besides that, roses, roses, and more roses. Thats probably why I went to Dollarama and stocked up on fake roses.
Unread 08-28-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
Blasphemy Blue
Robot Unicorn

I'm hoping to do something Kuroshitsuji in the future. XD I love the series, but I'm not sure who to do. Grell or something, maybe, but eh. We'll see.

+Planned Conventions for 2010 +

Nan Desu Kan - Denver

+Planned Conventions for 2011 +

Sakuracon - Seattle
Anime Expo - Los Angeles [ AND/OR ] Anime Evolution - Vancouver
Nan Desu Kan - Denver

Planned costumes listed in profile
Blasphemy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
Jilly-Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemy Blue View Post
I'm hoping to do something Kuroshitsuji in the future. XD I love the series, but I'm not sure who to do. Grell or something, maybe, but eh. We'll see.
OH please do Grell! I rarely see any cosplays of him.
Unread 08-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
mini_kitten_o5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly-Bean View Post
OH please do Grell! I rarely see any cosplays of him.
Seconded! Grell is such an insane character. Though I really want to see someone cosplay Madame Red, though once again the price of fabric will be murderous.
Unread 08-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
Blasphemy Blue
Robot Unicorn

Where can I get some good reference pictures of Red and Grell? XD I've been looking, but it's such a pain to find HQ raws or scans.

+Planned Conventions for 2010 +

Nan Desu Kan - Denver

+Planned Conventions for 2011 +

Sakuracon - Seattle
Anime Expo - Los Angeles [ AND/OR ] Anime Evolution - Vancouver
Nan Desu Kan - Denver

Planned costumes listed in profile
Blasphemy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
mini_kitten_o5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemy Blue View Post
Where can I get some good reference pictures of Red and Grell? XD I've been looking, but it's such a pain to find HQ raws or scans.
Grell:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...rellimage1.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...rellimage2.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...rellimage3.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...rellimage4.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...rellimage5.jpg

Lady Red:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...yredimage1.jpg

I just found some scans online and cleaned them up. If anyone needs any reference pictures, ask me and I'll find and hunt them down! I hope these helped.
Unread 08-31-2008, 12:53 AM   #15
lament

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_kitten_o5 View Post
I looked at cosplays of that version of Ciel, and I noticed almost all of them put the purple cloth thing so I'll definately be sewing that on.
Haha, I'm the complete opposite. Most of the cosplays I've seen so far don't have the cloth attached.
Here's one of them: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/0015fq2k.jpg

I suppose it's better doing without it if you're going to a con that is going to be crowded, or else people might trample or trip over it. I think I'd cry if people step on my costume..(T^T)
Or maybe you can make it detachable? You can put it on during a photoshoot but take it off when you wear it to a con. Just my opinion~ ^_^
lament is offline   Reply With Quote