Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #3781
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Hi everyone! Just got back from A-kon and got some of my cosplay up. I tallied between 150 and 200 hours on three costumes: Madam Red for myself, and Ciel and Sebastian for some friends. We won Best Craftsmanship in the Friday Hall Cosplay Contest and got tons of compliments and pictures. I thought I would share some of the photos a friend snapped for us before running off to the meet-up we had on Friday.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/184306/
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #3782
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Hi everyone! Just got back from A-kon and got some of my cosplay up. I tallied between 150 and 200 hours on three costumes: Madam Red for myself, and Ciel and Sebastian for some friends. We won Best Craftsmanship in the Friday Hall Cosplay Contest and got tons of compliments and pictures. I thought I would share some of the photos a friend snapped for us before running off to the meet-up we had on Friday.

Congratulations! They look great!
Scott Pilgrim - Scott Pilgrim
Queen Victoria - Kuroshitsuji
Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Badou Nails - Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
TrannyMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #3783
so lyke raaawr
SpicaReplay

Quote:

I was at a-kon too and I remember seeing you and your friends! My friend was the really tall female Ciel in the pink ballroom gown and we simply adored how you guys did your cosplays!
so lyke raaawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #3784
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

TrannyMess: Thanks so much! Those costumes were such a labor of love that I was so happy with how they were received.

so lyke raaawr: I do remember seeing your friend and she looked really great too! Thanks for the compliment. I was burning up and probably was offending everyone since I had been sweating all day in the costume...all three of us had. But we got a lot of compliments on them.
Unread 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #3785
lustforblood
Cheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by so lyke raaawr View Post
I was at a-kon too and I remember seeing you and your friends! My friend was the really tall female Ciel in the pink ballroom gown and we simply adored how you guys did your cosplays!
Hey! I was the Sebastian in Mehdia's Kuroshitsuji group. Was your friend the Ciel that asked to take pictures with me twice? :3 She looked great! I'd like to see those pictures you took if that's okay?
lustforblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #3786
so lyke raaawr
SpicaReplay

http://twilightyuna14.deviantart.com/#/d2rcopm This is the only picture she has with a Sebastian as of now, when she adds more I'll send them to you all ^^
Unread 06-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #3787
lustforblood
Cheyenne

Yep, that's me as Sebastian. Thank you! ^___^
lustforblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #3788
deranged inc.

Woah, Mehdia, I love your Madame Red!

Did you use a pattern for the overskirt thing? I can't remember what the name is right now, but I'm looking for one that has it since I've committed to making Lizzie's funeral garb.

Last edited by deranged inc. : 06-08-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 06-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #3789
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I did use a pattern for the most part. It's Truly Victorian's Waterfall Overskirt. I just used the front drape part and then made the bow to tie in the back. I left off the waistband and then added all the pleats.
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #3790
h a r u

Got a preview picture of my Doll cosplay! ~

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2583161/

dang, the roses were hard to pin.

Full body pictures will be added soon since the costume takes a long time to put on oAo
h a r u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #3791
so lyke raaawr
SpicaReplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by h a r u View Post
Got a preview picture of my Doll cosplay! ~

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2583161/

dang, the roses were hard to pin.

Full body pictures will be added soon since the costume takes a long time to put on oAo
It looks wonderful so far!
Unread 06-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #3792
deranged inc.

Quote:
I did use a pattern for the most part. It's Truly Victorian's Waterfall Overskirt. I just used the front drape part and then made the bow to tie in the back. I left off the waistband and then added all the pleats.
Thanks so much!
I figured to start referencing it ahead, it seems like a lot of work.
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #3793
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@deranged inc.: I haven't watched the anime all the way through, I read the manga. But if you take ANY of these outfits even halfway seriously, it is a lot of work. My Madam Red alone took me about 60-75 hours of work to complete. The best thing to do is pace yourself and give yourself adequate time to produce something beautiful. And don't be afraid to ask questions of others! That little tip will take you a long way if you get stuck. I asked a few questions here and there and felt better after I did so.
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #3794
deranged inc.

Should have clarified.
A lot of work in as opposed to using the image that I found at another location. It was from Yana's sketchbook and it was the funeral dress, but it was totally different. I like the manga one better, it is so much prettier and historically more appealing.

Since I like both of those, and a challenge, I should be fine. X3
Just in case, I'm starting way ahead of my usual con schedule.
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #3795
TrannyMess
That Funky Old Gran

Just dropped by to let everyone know that Hancock is having a 50% off sale on buttons and $.99 McCall's patterns from June 10-June 13. Since Kuro stuff (especially some of Ciel's outfits) can have a lot of buttons and McCall's has a lot of decent historical patterns or ones that can be modified to look Victorian, I figured some of you may find it helpful.

Oh, and there is also a good deal of fabric from about 30%-50% off right now. A lot of what is on sale depends on the store but I'm pretty sure I saw a good deal of fabric that works for the time period.
Scott Pilgrim - Scott Pilgrim
Queen Victoria - Kuroshitsuji
Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia
Badou Nails - Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
TrannyMess is offline   Reply With Quote