Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 246 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #5131
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

On the ball gown thing, I have been considering doing it but my plan was always to buy rather than make. I just thought I didn't have the sewing skills and the fabric would cost more than the whole dress. But lately I thought about doing the short version seen in the bonus chapter at the end of Vol. 2. Again buying instead of making. Both Fan plus friend and fm-anime sell it.

Then again if I do another Ciel outfit I might end up doing another of his boy outfits. For now, I'll just finish Alois and my non-kuroshitsuji cosplays.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #5132
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Bahh.
Even after spending a ridiculous amount of time and money on Alois...
I'm not feeling it anymore. Q.Q
This annoys me to no end. My mom, I swear, she's gonna kill me if I don't wear him to a con, but I can hardly feel my arms from the upper half of the costume, and the lower half hates to cooperate, and I...I just don't feel like being him anymore. ;w;
Maybe...Probably going to stick to Ciel and other BB characters (*cough*LikeGrellsinceI'vebeenwantingtocosplayhimf orayearandnowhaveawigformyfriendtobeMadamRedwith*c ough*) for a little while and see how I feel about him then.
I really hate it, but I just do not have enough confidence and comfort in him for now. I don't even feel like wearing him for AWA, which I was really excited about doing. But, if Brina Palencia is going to be there on Saturday I'll happily break out Ciel for the occasion.
*shrug* Ah well. I'll get my motivation for him back eventually.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #5133
Marusera

My Grell cosplay (Wonderland version) had it's debut last week ^^ I'm gonna add some photos of it in the nearest future
Unread 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #5134
SpiffyPoptarts
needs to upload pictures

Question for you guys...
how could I make a skirt do this? http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...9b44o1_500.jpg
Make it separate from the rest of the dress thing and wire, perhaps?

OTL
Unread 07-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #5135
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyPoptarts View Post
Question for you guys...
how could I make a skirt do this? http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...9b44o1_500.jpg

OTL
I've thought of doing this one myself and was trying to figure it out too. I was thinking of making the skirt separate and then building a sort of bustle cage (though it would be more all over than just in the back) that can go on before the skirt and poof it out like that. That's at least my first thought. Who knows if it will work...
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #5136
MelancholyDream
Earl Ciel Phantomhive

This will be my first time cosplaying Kuroshitsuji, and I plan on cosplaying Ciel for Anime Festival Orlando. This is the version I am doing first: http://media.photobucket.com/image/c...mhive.jpg?o=36

I plan to do (hopefully) the lolita disguise and Alice!Ciel in the future.

Make it hurt. Carve the pain of my life into my soul.

He is nothing more than one of my pawns. However, he is not a normal pawn. He is a pawn that can get across the whole board in one move.

We as humans have the power to do such, but whether we grab on to the thread or not is our choice to make.

MelancholyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #5137
SpiffyPoptarts
needs to upload pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I've thought of doing this one myself and was trying to figure it out too. I was thinking of making the skirt separate and then building a sort of bustle cage (though it would be more all over than just in the back) that can go on before the skirt and poof it out like that. That's at least my first thought. Who knows if it will work...
Hmm... maybe it'd work... if you try it, let me know how it turns out :]
Unread 07-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #5138
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Hmm... maybe it'd work... if you try it, let me know how it turns out :]
I would start on it soon, but unfortunately, it won't be in my repertoire for a little while. I have a list of other things I am doing. But just because I might see if I can figure it out so that I will be prepared when it comes time to do it.
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #5139
noogleNoL

Quote:
Question for you guys...

OTL
i think making it separate is the way to go. i would probably make a wire structure to make each piece of the heart skirt then cover each individual piece with red fabric. maybe put a little batting so that the wires don't show through the fabric. then attach each piece to the bodice/corset with really strong snaps, snap-on buttons, or just buttons. or maybe starching the fabric would work too? i've always loved this dress of madam reds~!!

on a different note, i'm trying to decide what colors to use for elizabeth's undergarments/petticoat and ciel's jacket from the titanic arc.

ref: http://www.mangareader.net/kuroshitsuji/57 <-- elizabeth's undergarments/petticoat
http://www.mangareader.net/kuroshitsuji/52/7 <-- ciel's jacket

i know undergarments/petticoats are usually white but i thought it would be too plain since that's all i'd be wearing. and since you can see a part of the petticoat from the outside of the dress elizabeth is wearing, i figured it must have some kind of color to it instead of it just being plain white. i've also researched a little about petticoats so i know some petticoats don't function to poof dresses but are just there as an undergarment to the dress which is what i think is the case for elizabeth's dress. i also thought back on all the different colored illustrations she has and noticed that she wears a lot of bright/pastel colors.

as for ciel's jacket, i know he wears a lot of dark colors or at least darker hues of different colors and even when him and elizabeth wear a matching set of outfits, the colors are more catered to him than they are to her. i figure if i use white for her undergarments/petticoats then i at least want the jacket to have a distinct color so that i'm not just wearing black and white. i was thinking dark blue with blue/black accents for the cuffs? or dark red with red and gold accents.

sorry for the wall of text, i'll take any opinions i can get haha.
noogleNoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #5140
Honestcat
Love me do?

I think it would be cute to go with a white color for the undergarments with light blue accents for the ribbon and lacey parts and headband. And then a really nice dark blue coat with the accents you were talking about. It gets across the "matching set" idea and adds a bit of a color scheme to the outfit.
Yukiho Hagiwarafrom the iDOLM@STER- 100%
Suzuko Kanzaki (casual) from AKB0048- 100%
Yuuka Kazami from Touhou Project- 100%
RED Medic from Team Fortress 2- the progress never stops
Suit!Alibaba from Magi: the Labyrinth of Magic- 100%

thepompouspickle.tumblr.com
Next conventions: Otabutts, Anime Weekend Atlanta, Nekocon?
Honestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #5141
SpiffyPoptarts
needs to upload pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I would start on it soon, but unfortunately, it won't be in my repertoire for a little while. I have a list of other things I am doing. But just because I might see if I can figure it out so that I will be prepared when it comes time to do it.
Yeah, understandable. Good luck~

Quote:
Originally Posted by noogleNoL View Post
i think making it separate is the way to go. i would probably make a wire structure to make each piece of the heart skirt then cover each individual piece with red fabric. maybe put a little batting so that the wires don't show through the fabric. then attach each piece to the bodice/corset with really strong snaps, snap-on buttons, or just buttons. or maybe starching the fabric would work too? i've always loved this dress of madam reds~!!

on a different note, i'm trying to decide what colors to use for elizabeth's undergarments/petticoat and ciel's jacket from the titanic arc.

ref: http://www.mangareader.net/kuroshitsuji/57 <-- elizabeth's undergarments/petticoat

i know undergarments/petticoats are usually white but i thought it would be too plain since that's all i'd be wearing. and since you can see a part of the petticoat from the outside of the dress elizabeth is wearing, i figured it must have some kind of color to it instead of it just being plain white. i've also researched a little about petticoats so i know some petticoats don't function to poof dresses but are just there as an undergarment to the dress which is what i think is the case for elizabeth's dress. i also thought back on all the different colored illustrations she has and noticed that she wears a lot of bright/pastel colors.

as for ciel's jacket, i know he wears a lot of dark colors or at least darker hues of different colors and even when him and elizabeth wear a matching set of outfits, the colors are more catered to him than they are to her. i figure if i use white for her undergarments/petticoats then i at least want the jacket to have a distinct color so that i'm not just wearing black and white. i was thinking dark blue with blue/black accents for the cuffs? or dark red with red and gold accents.

Yeah, I was thinking something like that as a possibility.

As to your question, if you want to do a color for the petticoat go for it. I was thinking her dress was red, so for the petticoat, maybe a light pink? As for Ciel, I was imagining it to be a dark green for some reason, but a deep blue or red would work too. It's kind of hard to pick colors from a b&w image :'D
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #5142
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:

My friend and I had been looking at making that look for Lizzy for her to cosplay. I imagined the corset and petticoat being white with pastel colored accents, maybe blues or pinks. In my research into Victorian era corsets, they usually came in white (or drab), baby blue, pink, and sometimes a few other colors. Since they were rarely seen, drab was the most popular color. But all in all, the Victorians loved color, so I don't see why you can't go with a color. As for Ciel's jacket, I was thinking it would be a darker blue. When he's not in black, he's usually in blue. But instead of a navy blue, I was thinking more along the lines of a royal or sapphire blue.
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #5143
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Oh yeah, forgot to update my progress on the Ciel Volume 6 Cover commission I'm working on. The jacket is just missing the cording around the cuffs and it will be done. Don't mind that it isn't buttoned all the way down on the dress form. My customer is smaller in the hips than my form goes, so I can't button it closed. Hope you guys enjoy the progress.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2997190/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2997189/

All the buttons are the same emblem on the large and small ones. And you can see the blue in the draping part in the back better in the second picture than you could in previous ones I took.
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #5144
noogleNoL

@honestcat: thanks for the advice! i never thought about just having the ribbons and lace being colored. that definitely makes it easier for me since i was planning on having blue ribbons for her bloomers underneath haha.

@spiffypoptarts: it is difficult! i wish there was a book filled with colored compilations of all the outfits used throughout kuroshitsuji. it'd make our lives so much easier. i actually thought her dress was red too. by the way will you be making wonderland madam red for AX 2012?

@mehdia: by drab, do you mean that brownish yellowish color? i should probably go look that up haha. thanks for the corset colors info! knowing that corsets could also come in baby blue is comforting because it seems that the consensus of ciel's jacket color is a dark blue which would look cute with a baby blue corset on elizabeth (not to mention matching.) sapphire blue is exactly what i was imagining in my head but i couldn't think of the word so i wrote dark blue =P. by the way, i love your progress shots. the jacket is amazing~! i'm hoping mine turns out just as nice.

thanks again so much guys!! you've all been such a great help~!!
noogleNoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #5145
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
@honestcat: thanks for the advice! i never thought about just having the ribbons and lace being colored. that definitely makes it easier for me since i was planning on having blue ribbons for her bloomers underneath haha.

@spiffypoptarts: it is difficult! i wish there was a book filled with colored compilations of all the outfits used throughout kuroshitsuji. it'd make our lives so much easier. i actually thought her dress was red too. by the way will you be making wonderland madam red for AX 2012?

@mehdia: by drab, do you mean that brownish yellowish color? i should probably go look that up haha. thanks for the corset colors info! knowing that corsets could also come in baby blue is comforting because it seems that the consensus of ciel's jacket color is a dark blue which would look cute with a baby blue corset on elizabeth (not to mention matching.) sapphire blue is exactly what i was imagining in my head but i couldn't think of the word so i wrote dark blue =P. by the way, i love your progress shots. the jacket is amazing~! i'm hoping mine turns out just as nice.

thanks again so much guys!! you've all been such a great help~!!
Drab was a word they used for the true color of an unbleached white. It wasn't much darker than white usually, just off-white, sort of like an unbleached muslin fabric. I have been making Victorian corsets for a while now and started with the Laughing Moon 100 pattern. It not only has all the directions for making it, but has history of the corset in the instructions too. As for the sapphire blue, while Ciel usually wears dark colors, I think the fact that he was trying to sneak into a group made him have to go with something a little different, so he had a brighter blue, just so it was different but still familiar.

Also, thank you for the compliment on my progress. That costume has been fun to do for the customer and I'm really happy with the results thus far. I'm sure yours will turn out nice as well. Just take your time on it and all will be fine.