Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 377 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #5251
2moro
someone you don't know

Question need help

yes i'm doing a kuroshitsuji cosplay. specifically paperboy ciel from the jack the ripper plot ark. if anyone knows where i could get the shoes he wears in that it would be great

http://media.photobucket.com/image/p...ielsmaller.jpg
2moro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #5252
SpiffyPoptarts
needs to upload pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by HidingintheMist View Post
My second Ciel cosplay is finally in progress. :'D Hopefully it'll be ready for its debut con.

Anyway... So in the midst of planning a Kuro photoshoot for our group, I just found out my Sebastian is moving later this month. Out of state, so I don't think I'll be seeing her that much anymore. Now I need to find a new Sebastian, but that is not the problem. Losing one of my best friends who I can trust with anything sucks..... :'<
WHAT.
...why doesn't anyone tell me anything?????? Does no one love me? lol
Unread 09-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #5253
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Ahh, yeah. I usually do buy mass-produced costumes (well, recently, I've found a seller who is more like a commissioner through eBay, but you get what I mean) but I completely understand why things are so expensive now. Making clothes is hard, and this stranger is cutting time from their day to work on a costume they're putting their hard work and effort into just for you...you're gonna get charged more than if you get one made by some factory workers that have to make these things.
I just get mad when people see commission prices and go, 'Blasphemy! I can get that from ___ for so much cheaper!'
...Then don't look for getting it commissioned? XD
Yeah, it's crazy how people see the mass-produced stuff and automatically assume that commissioners can do stuff that cheap. It makes it hard for us that do take commissions to get some of the jobs. I am just honestly happy to see someone who understands what it costs to do costumes. Hell, for my own costumes I can put in over $200-$300 or more depending on what it is. I quoted someone $400 to do an exact replica of my Madam Red costume and they never got back in touch with me. Guess it was too much for them. But mine cost $250 or so to make, so I gotta make money off it somehow if it's commissioned from me right?
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #5254
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Yeah, it's crazy how people see the mass-produced stuff and automatically assume that commissioners can do stuff that cheap. It makes it hard for us that do take commissions to get some of the jobs. I am just honestly happy to see someone who understands what it costs to do costumes. Hell, for my own costumes I can put in over $200-$300 or more depending on what it is. I quoted someone $400 to do an exact replica of my Madam Red costume and they never got back in touch with me. Guess it was too much for them. But mine cost $250 or so to make, so I gotta make money off it somehow if it's commissioned from me right?
And people forget that materials are cheaper overseas, too. Most commissioners have to buy their fabric at American retail markup, compared to the inexpensive made-in-China costumes that are getting their sweatshop materials and labor at the source.

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #5255
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVAAntares View Post
And people forget that materials are cheaper overseas, too. Most commissioners have to buy their fabric at American retail markup, compared to the inexpensive made-in-China costumes that are getting their sweatshop materials and labor at the source.
OMG yes! Even though I'm used to the prices in the US, I still find myself cringing at prices at times. Even wholesale prices are rough on you sometimes, and then you don't always need the amount of fabric you have to have to get the wholesale price, especially when you don't know if you will ever get commissioned for the same costume ever again. And then tax being added on to purchases can raise the price too.
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #5256
SpiffyPoptarts
needs to upload pictures

I HATE TAX. Just saying >____>
Unread 09-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #5257
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyPoptarts View Post
I HATE TAX. Just saying >____>
Amen to that! When I'm planning out costs for my own costumes, I always forget about tax and shipping costs that might apply depending on where I shop or order from. All those little costs can add up!
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #5258
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Augh fabric prices and tax. This is the reason I am learning to sew so slowly. Can't afford better fabric, can't work with all the old satin my aunt has...I'm S.O.L. D;

Despite my previous post, I have decided to cosplay Ciel again (for now XD) I want to do a really complex costume, and one that isn't done insanely often (*cough*Volume6*cough*) ((No offense to any cosplayers of that, but it's kinda just, wow, the numbers of those you see)) I would also like if I wouldn't have to commission it... (while I respect the prices, I really can't afford it) So, any suggestions? I'm really looking for anything, obvious from my vague criteria? XD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #5259
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Augh fabric prices and tax. This is the reason I am learning to sew so slowly. Can't afford better fabric, can't work with all the old satin my aunt has...I'm S.O.L. D;

Despite my previous post, I have decided to cosplay Ciel again (for now XD) I want to do a really complex costume, and one that isn't done insanely often (*cough*Volume6*cough*) ((No offense to any cosplayers of that, but it's kinda just, wow, the numbers of those you see)) I would also like if I wouldn't have to commission it... (while I respect the prices, I really can't afford it) So, any suggestions? I'm really looking for anything, obvious from my vague criteria? XD
Yeah, the costs can make it hard to learn sometimes. Especially if you are younger and can't get a job. That makes it even harder. I got lucky and had a mom that sewed all the time, so there was plenty of random fabric always laying around the house when I started learning to sew ten years ago.

As for what version of Ciel you could do...hmm...the volume 6 cover is one you see a lot. I'm somewhat guilty for adding to it by doing it on commission (though I like some of the added touches we decided on) and I'm absolutely almost completely exhausted by seeing his pink dress...I was over that one as soon as he was out of the dress in the manga. Even when I see it really well done I'm sorta bored by it.

Some that I do like that I haven't seen much of:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...nces_manga.jpg
http://static.minitokyo.net/view/43/31/391593.jpg (normally I don't like overly girlie Ciel, but I love Visual Kei and he looks cool in this one)
http://img.mangabit.com/manga/0754/029087/01.jpg
http://i33.mangareader.net/kuroshits...uji-792522.jpg (haven't seen this one done yet)

Dunno if any of those strike your fancy, or if you feel like you can do them. But they are some I liked. I have a lot of the pictures saved (cause I want to make more Kuroshitsuji cosplay) but I just googled them and looked over what I thought was eye catching.
Unread 09-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #5260
heaven_firings

I also like the first pic Mehdia linked. Here's some other ideas:
Burnt outfit - I fell in love with it when I saw it in red.
King outfit - I've never personally seen anyone do this version.

Those are the ones I'd probably do if I wasn't 6'1" >.>

Choir Boy - I see Grell cosplayers do it pretty often but not Ciels.

And if you wanted a joke cosplay you could do the cow suit. ^_^
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #5261
SpiffyPoptarts
needs to upload pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven_firings View Post
Those are the ones I'd probably do if I wasn't 6'1" >.>
Mehh story of my life D: I'm 6'2"... I try to cosplay taller characters, but it's really hard sometimes xD
Unread 09-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #5262
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

@Mehdia:...I only wish. (_ _) And it can be cool to see overdone costumes, especially if they add their own touches to it. It makes it unique and stands out, so, I don't blame you. XD
Link 1-3: I really don't know. :0 Visual Kei Ciel I admire, but while I'm trying to convince my mom I'm not literally goth, well....(-.- The first and thirds are a possibility, I just need to think on it.
Link 4: I want it so much. XDD;; It would be kind of weird to me to do it without a Lizzie though, (Don't ask me why) so I may show my group the picture and see if anyone wants to volunteer. None of them have really talked about having new cosplay plans...

@heaven_firings + SpiffyPoptarts: I hear you on the height, too. XD I like being 5'2" (not too tall, barely not too short) but...it kinda sucks when your friends are all taller than you and you have a sudden addiction to wanting to cosplay tall characters. I blame Sebastian. XDD
Burnt Outfit- Yes. Yes. Yes. If it wasn't so expensive and I could get it made to be practical...x_e
King outfit- I might try to do this one...it doesn't look too hard. Just gotta get prices for everything. \(-.-)/
Choir Boy- I've really meant to do this outfit with Alois for a while (since my friend is doing Ciel in it) so...Maybe. If I decide I don't like my Alois (...again) XD
Cow- Admittedly, I so need to do this. XD My friends always tease about how perfect a cow Ciel I would be, because I am exactly like him and on top of that, have a slight addiction to milk...And always laugh when I see cow Sebastian...Dangit I need to do this. XDD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #5263
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

It would be so cute to see someone do that last one I linked as a pair. If my friend wasn't such a good Ciel cosplayer, I would ask her if she wanted to do it with me and she can be Lizzie. She wants to cosplay Lizzie, but I don't think I would make as convincing a Ciel as she does. I look too mature (I guess being 28 that makes sense). She pulls off younger characters much better. She and I might do one of the color pages from the newer chapters of the manga with her being Ciel and me being Snake. And she wants to do Lizzie from the newer chapters too.

Kuroshitsuji just has too many awesome costumes...it's really cutting in to my desire to make other costumes. But I will eventually make most of them!

*Edit*
Just uploaded a few pictures of the Volume 6 Ciel commission I did. He wore it at AnimeFest this weekend and I have to say, I think it turned out rather nicely.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3046226/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3046225/

Last edited by Mehdia : 09-06-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #5264
SpiffyPoptarts
needs to upload pictures

@Papercut: Guh. I wish I was shorter D: You could always get really gnarly platforms haha.
@Mehdia: That looks awesome~ Nice work
Unread 09-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #5265
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Thanks. I had fun making that costume for him. It was a bit refreshing to sew for a guy instead of just tons of girls^^