Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 331 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #5266
Cats_Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Augh fabric prices and tax. This is the reason I am learning to sew so slowly. Can't afford better fabric, can't work with all the old satin my aunt has...I'm S.O.L. D;

Despite my previous post, I have decided to cosplay Ciel again (for now XD) I want to do a really complex costume, and one that isn't done insanely often (*cough*Volume6*cough*) ((No offense to any cosplayers of that, but it's kinda just, wow, the numbers of those you see)) I would also like if I wouldn't have to commission it... (while I respect the prices, I really can't afford it) So, any suggestions? I'm really looking for anything, obvious from my vague criteria? XD
While it's not complex, I plan on doing this one. I've never seen a picture of it done before. I do agree with you on the overdone Ciel cosplays though. They're nice to see and I like seeing them, but they're everywhere. Can't Google it without seeing it... No offense to those that do cosplay it...
Cats_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #5267
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

My gf and I are cosplaying Ciel and Alois in wonderland She has her costume for Ciel and her wig is in the mail, then she needs to get shoes she has both rings in the mail as well. My wig, and ring are in the mail. and the costume is being made OTZ the shoes i'm going to use for mine are 70 dollars so i need to buy those later.
Stocking (Anarchy)
Raichu (Human form for a skit)
Lady Rainicorn (Human Form)
CosplayCinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #5268
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_Shadow View Post
While it's not complex, I plan on doing this one. I've never seen a picture of it done before. I do agree with you on the overdone Ciel cosplays though. They're nice to see and I like seeing them, but they're everywhere. Can't Google it without seeing it... No offense to those that do cosplay it...
Ahh, that's one I really want to do but don't know how to get. Dx Arghdg.
(Btw, BanzaiPro's Ciel wears that as her main outfit for Ciel...In case you want to see it cosplayed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosplayCinema View Post
My gf and I are cosplaying Ciel and Alois in wonderland She has her costume for Ciel and her wig is in the mail, then she needs to get shoes she has both rings in the mail as well. My wig, and ring are in the mail. and the costume is being made OTZ the shoes i'm going to use for mine are 70 dollars so i need to buy those later.
Surely you could find some cheaper ones? O_O Unless your feet are oddly shaped or etc...it's extremely easy to find shoes like that in a thrift store for no more than $10. I look forward to seeing it, though~

~~~
So, I do think I'm going to attempt to cosplay Sebastian (and just be a midget--though compared to everyone I'll look tall. XD) since our group planned is Mey Rin, Ciel, and Grell so far...might as well. (A new version of Ciel will probably be around Christmas-time or so) I'm just having a bit of trouble trying to buy a wig. One is good and easily fits, but it took near a month for the last wig from the seller to get here...And the rest I can afford, I haven't used before.
Dangit. :T All I'll really need after this is a vest and better pants (no tailcoat or contacts...yet) which I'm either learning to make or looking for, but...dangit wigs y u so hard to choose from.
But I do think I'll get the one I've used before. So long, but so good...and I can keep my friends guessing what costume I'm doing longer.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #5269
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

^That Sebastian wig I got from Fantasy Sheep definitely didn't suck. And it came pre styled. I like mine anyway. http://www.ebay.com/itm/fs-wig-Kuros...em336add 267e
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #5270
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyangelf4i View Post
^That Sebastian wig I got from Fantasy Sheep definitely didn't suck. And it came pre styled. I like mine anyway. http://www.ebay.com/itm/fs-wig-Kuros...em336add 267e
Hmm...I would...but I have about $35 to spend on this. I really don't want to spend all my money on it, and I REALLY don't want to mooch off my parents for it.
So...I think I'm getting the one I linked on our group page. Tomorrow. Cause Dad is asleep now. Dx (Hold on guys of this thread, and I'll snag the link for you to check out.)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #5271
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

^good plan. Sebby is such a costly cosplay XD
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #5272
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

The shoes i want are expensive because they are lolita, plus i think they are really really really really really really really cute. and they are platforms which i need so i can be taller than my girlfriend XD short alois + tall ciel? Nah XD
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #5273
CosplayCinema
Big is Beautiful

Then after that me and my gf are getting epic Alois and Ciel costumes...but i wont tell you which ones they are. We might. if we have the money. Get them and premier them at Otakon
Stocking (Anarchy)
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #5274
moonfall

Butler Grell really does look better when my hair is soaked. It gives the illusion of being darker and is also easier to style. The jacket I bought is a men's size; is there any way I can avoid looking too small in it? I swear it makes my head look too small and my neck look short.

So many other costumes I'd like to do from this series...that's why I started watching in the first place.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #5275
Cats_Shadow

Quote:
Ahh, that's one I really want to do but don't know how to get. Dx Arghdg.
(Btw, BanzaiPro's Ciel wears that as her main outfit for Ciel...In case you want to see it cosplayed.)
I have found the solution to this! And it's on sale! You'll just have to make a few slight changes. The shorts should be easier though... Pattern wise anyway.
Thanks for the info about BanzaiPro, made the rest of my day! Not a big YouTube fan so I don't normally look things up on it. Unless it's music.
Cats_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #5276
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats_Shadow View Post
I have found the solution to this! And it's on sale! You'll just have to make a few slight changes. The shorts should be easier though... Pattern wise anyway.
Thanks for the info about BanzaiPro, made the rest of my day! Not a big YouTube fan so I don't normally look things up on it. Unless it's music.
I actually used that Suitability pattern last year for my friend's Ciel. I had been searching like made for the right pattern, then remembered conversations with my sister about Suitability's patterns since she shows horses (I used to) and she loves their patterns. It is a bit more of an advanced pattern to use, but it gives great results. A little extra tailoring is needed to make it fit perfectly, but it's well worth the time. My friend loved it and our Kuroshitsuji group won a Craftsmanship award for the set. As for her shorts, I used a McCall's pattern. It's a discontinued one, but it's just a basic pair of shorts with a zipper and I added the cuffs and detailing.

My friend's finished coat: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2705576/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2486592/
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #5277
Jazzmin-anime
I can't wait to cosplay!!

Hey if anyone has the pattern for when Ciel was wearing a dress, I would absolutly love to have them. I'm new to cosplay so I don't really have any clue what to do. Yeah, so any good pattersn for that cosplay.
Unread 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #5278
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

Quote:
Yay new Ciel cosplay~ I'm thinking about trying another version of him...maybe...
;~; Nooo~ If I didn't live across the country~
Sorry for the friend moving, I know how hard that is to deal with (BFFFROMFOURTHGRADEIWANTYOUBAAACK) and good luck with everything~
Theres so many versions of him I still want to do. x___X It sucks that a lot of the Kuro cosplayers I talk to online live on the East Coast. I swear, one day I'll go to a con out there when I have the money to.

My Sebastian says she still really hopes she can go to our regular con(Anime Expo) though. I'm really hoping so, because 1) I'd hate to not see her, 2) I'd hate having to find another Sebby, and 3) I've never been to a con and cosplayed without her, so it would just seem extremely weird.

I've had another friend move in the past(my best friend from third grade to junior year in highschool). She cosplays with us as Elizabeth, but luckily she's only about two hours away versus 10+ to the North. =/

Quote:
I want to do a really complex costume, and one that isn't done insanely often (*cough*Volume6*cough*) ((No offense to any cosplayers of that, but it's kinda just, wow, the numbers of those you see))
No offense taken. I was a bit put-out myself when I finished it actually. When I had started making it, they were a bit more difficult to find. Lets hope my next one(curtain call- 2nd musical) doesn't get super overdone by the time I'm done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyPoptarts View Post
WHAT.
...why doesn't anyone tell me anything?????? Does no one love me? lol
I thought she had told everyone? idk- she has by this point.

You know I love you though! <3 At least, I hope you do....
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 01:23 AM   #5279
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

...So I've given up on making Claude's outfit. Mainly due to time constraints...

So what do you guys think of this: http://www.****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****.com/product/Cla...utler+Season+2

... Claude's outfit on ****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #5280
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Your links have been removed...
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote