Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 369 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #5401
crazywuzhere
................poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
No problem. I've just become jaded towards the dress. I never cared for it much in the manga to begin with, but I liked it even less when I see EVERY Ciel cosplayer wearing it just about. He has outfits that I think are so much better...and really, Ciel just isn't girlie enough to me to constantly see the dress on him. It's a matter of personal preference for sure, I just NEVER cared for the dress at all. But I do wish you luck on making it. It will be quite the undertaking since so much is going on with that dress.
At MTAC, there were literally over 10 girls in that dress over the period of three days. I was so sick of seeing all the ciels and sebastians. Ugh. I never would have thought that the dress would be so popular...
crazywuzhere is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #5402
usuyukisou

I guess it can get annoying in real life. I don't do cons, though. Online, through Archive or Cure, you can pick to only look at the cream of the crop, so I guess that keeps me from getting sick of... well, any of Ciel's outfits. Or any super-popular outfit.
usuyukisou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #5403
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
I guess it can get annoying in real life. I don't do cons, though. Online, through Archive or Cure, you can pick to only look at the cream of the crop, so I guess that keeps me from getting sick of... well, any of Ciel's outfits. Or any super-popular outfit.
It's not even that I'm only wanting to see the cream of the crop, I've seen some people do that dress just amazingly. I'm just tired of it. And...honestly I get tired of the way I see a lot of people act in it (from my experience at cons at least). Most of them become obnoxious in the costume for some reason. I'm certainly not saying everyone that wears it will act like that, but I've just seen it a lot more than I would like to.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #5404
Falclon

Started figuring out my dress pattern for Mey-Rin today...and realized the fabric I'm using is going to end up being really expensive xD
Yay for Joann's 40% and 50% off coupons!
Unread 06-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #5405
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

So I finished up the Ciel commission I did for Sukane and sent it off to her this week. She got it, loved it, and posted a quick photo of her trying it on. I'm so thrilled with how it looks on her. We came up with the design through a collaboration since she wanted it to look like something Ciel would wear, but wasn't one of his specific costumes. I can't wait to see more pictures of her wearing it at AX, but thought I would share this with everyone else.

The costume is made of silk shantung, dupioni silk, venise lace, a d'ville for the shirt, and buckram, stretchy black fabric, and ribbon for the hat. I made the hat to go with the costume, both using hot glue and hand sewing to get everything on there. The costume is fully lined in both the jacket and vest and the jacket has an inside pocket to hold her cell phone. The brooch is also a necklace that she can remove and wear alone.
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #5406
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I finally got a photo of my choir boy Ciel cosplay. I later realized I put the eyepatch on the wrong eye but whatever, it's good for the time being.
Unread 07-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #5407
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

(I've been gone quite a while and several things have happened, this'll be a fairly long post)

For a while I had no inspiration to cosplay Black Butler (even though I did Alois at a con, orz) but now I'm finally recovering enough from some things that had made me a bit jaded about cosplaying Ciel to have asked about commissioning a couple of his outfits..the commissioner is booked until October, but that gives me time to save up money, assuming I still want to do it by then xD

Though I am still a little hesitant about doing Choir Ciel since I asked my closest friend if it would make him feel bad if I did it (He's very much the type that would think I was trying to one-up him or would ragequit if I did it better than him) and...he completely went off in a tangent instead of telling me. "Kimono Alois will be more comfortable, you'll get so many pedos, I was only saved because I'm older than you, FINE if you HAVE to wear something like THAT go ahead and get Alois", etc etc. ...I facepalmed. I was asking you because I was going to do a different version if you said it would, you don't have to go off on a rant like that..Sadly I still want to do it..bad >_< It's also the cheapest quote from the commissioner, so, depending how money goes, I might get it anyways ( Here's the outfits I'm considering for anyone who's interested: 1 2 And this coat )

Also, I find it very amusing that I got someone who might cosplay Sebastian with me from posting Beautiful Soul to Facebook and asking a Sebastian to serenade me with it. (One of my friends styled one of her wigs and video chatted with me and said it's very possible she might do it now) Even though nobody has actually done it yet xD It's still pretty amazing, and again helped me get out of the huge rut I had for Ciel. ^^
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014

Last edited by FuntomKitten : 07-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #5408
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

(Double post since the last one is long, and to bump)
I am absolutely torn between two wigs at the moment for Ciel...since I definitely need a new one and want a different colored one. But I have no idea which one to get...they're the same price, and I've heard good things about one store and ordered from the other, but I don't know what to do ._.
This is the first wig. It's the closest I can find to the color I want (besides the other wig) But I'm worried the differently-colored wefts might show up in pictures.
This is the second wig. I really love how smooth the colors seem to be, but...I am terrified of cutting wigs. Especially cutting them into a short hairstyle. I know it would be good to get practice, but if I screwed it up I'd be SOL for a while and I don't doubt it would put me off. I'd like having the freedom to style it as I want, but I don't believe I'd be able to get the proper materials to cut it, and would just be terrified about screwing it up.
Should I go safe and get the wig that I'm fairly sure will work just fine or risk it for the other...decisions, decisions...
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #5409
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I would go with the first wig. My friend has one that's pretty much the exact same thing and you don't see the variation in colors quite as much unless you are up close on it.

As for your post before, your second link isn't a link, so I don't know about it. But I could quote you at least $120 for the cape/coat. It's going to need faux fur and an inner and outer fabric, so it's going to be more expensive. Also, when I do fur like that, I hand stitch it, so that's time consuming. But I thought I would throw that rough estimate out there. Depending on the outer and lining fabric, the price could go up.
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #5410
Haevei
Resides amongst the grey.

I would go for the first wig because it is more accurate and you do not have to worry about making large adjustments. :>

I am buying Ciel's outfit from episode 22 where he wears the little coat over it and almost looks like a boyish dress-pantsless-coat.They have my size in stock and I need it quickly because a convention is coming up for me. x.x; I have to pay $22 for extra shipping, but hopefully it will be worth it.

I hope I see more B.B cosplayers there!
Taiyou Con 2013

Upcoming Cosplays
Miku Hatsune Lolita from Vocaloid
Allen Walker from D.Gray Man
Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji
Haevei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #5411
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Got some pictures of what I have so far of demon Ciel...I probably won't bother uploading them here, but they should be on my Deviantart and Facebook ^^ (Both in my sig) It was my first time editing my eyes, so it didn't come out amazingly, but I think it looks pretty decent.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 07-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #5412
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Sukane finally got the photos of her in her Original Ciel costume we designed and I made on commission. I think it turned out great, it looked lovely on her, and she loved it, so that's what matters.

Front (the way the brick lines come down to her arms made me think of a puppet the first time I saw this)
Side View
Up-Close with Details!

She has more photos on her profile, so go have a look if you like. Leave comments if you like for both of us as well. Comments are always awesome.
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #5413
rajamitsu

Well, brought Ciel out of semi-retirement last weekend at Ikasucon. I haven't worn it since December and I forgot how much fun it was to wear around. ^^ I had a friend ask me to bring it last-minute since she was going to go as Pluto. Best part was getting asked on stage with Sonny Strait and his band during "London Bridge".

...second best part is managing to convince my husband to make a Kuro costume for himself, too. I've been trying for a long time to get him to be Bard, but he wanted to do something more complicated. So I showed him Charles Phipps. Ohoho~
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #5414
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamitsu View Post
Well, brought Ciel out of semi-retirement last weekend at Ikasucon. I haven't worn it since December and I forgot how much fun it was to wear around. ^^ I had a friend ask me to bring it last-minute since she was going to go as Pluto. Best part was getting asked on stage with Sonny Strait and his band during "London Bridge".

...second best part is managing to convince my husband to make a Kuro costume for himself, too. I've been trying for a long time to get him to be Bard, but he wanted to do something more complicated. So I showed him Charles Phipps. Ohoho~
Hurrah!! Once I can get my costume commissioned, I should be able to do the same. It's such an agonizing wait. OTL But I did like the little photoshoot..thing I did with demon Ciel. And half-roleplaying with some Facebook friends have got me totally psyched for the next time I get to cosplay him. But I don't know if I wanna get Choir or the other version I wanted..since there's a cosplay on ice thing in December and I can always commission Choir in Dec as long as she isn't booked... o: I'd really like to get the other version and the big coat if I do that but I don't think she'd be able to make both in time ;-; We'll see.
Also, I figured out why my Ciel wig looks so awkward on me. It's my eye color e-e Darn you greenish light blue! You don't look good with gray!
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #5415
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I finally wore Choir Boy Ciel to a con. I wore it to Tokyo in Tulsa where J. Micheal Tatum (Sebastian's English voice) was a guest. I got his autograph on my Blu-Rays and a photo with him. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time with him. The line to see him was really long and I didn't want to hold up anyone behind me.

I also got Caitlin Glass' (Hannah) autograph. Too bad I wasn't Alois when I got to her. I still got a photo with her as Pikachu. She did say that she wished she saw my kimono!Alois though.