Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 227 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #5491
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,933
Actually, this thread is for discussing cosplay of the series, not the series itself. There is an anime board where you can discuss it. I stand by what I said but since you said you won't discuss the issue further I won't say anymore.

Anyway, I found a photo of my friend's original fem!Ciel design.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #5492
Ilafatyu
That guy
 
Ilafatyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,167
Hey there, Drossel cosplayer here. I have a question regarding the wig, and I'm looking for opinions. The collar of the jacket looks good and fits me, but it's really close to the back of my head and I don't think the spiked out hair in the back will fare well. Should I cut the hair something sort of (obviously not exactly like) this?

(Reposted from a few pages back)
__________________

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #5493
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,099
I would maybe trim the inside of the wig at the base of the neck, but not too much because you don't want to distort the hairstyle or end up showing the wefting inside the wig.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #5494
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
(Jumping back into the conversation pretty late since I was gone yesterday, didn't realize I missed so much x.x)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
By Sleepy Hollow dress do you mean this one? I do like that one as well but the only places that make it are not ones I'd trust with something so detailed. It's also well above my sewing skills to make.
I know of a cosplay seller that has it, but it is a pretty high price for me (as are all of their costumes). It's good quality, but it's something I'd have to save for or get as a birthday present. I might try it for AWA, if our SAO group doesn't touch base before then.

On the pink dress issue, I'd love it if it had a different color scheme (navy and black, preferably) and maybe long sleeves, more like a usual Victorian dress. However..I've heard too many stories of friends who cosplay Ciel saying some random Sebastian/Alois/whoever hid under their skirt for pictures without even asking if they could. That's..too far. And I'm aware that could happen with the striped dress, I just think it gives off more of a sophisticated vibe than the pink dress and doesn't invite it..plus it wouldn't be as funny of a picture since fewer people recognize that version. I don't know...do it if you want to, I'm personally not a huge fan of it as it is.

And..as far as the topic on the other women of the series..I'd like to cosplay Madam Red someday, I just know this isn't the day since I'm still very babyfaced and couldn't pull off her character as well as I would like to. And there are times when I want to do Lizzie (one of her less frilly, bow-filled and pink outfits) but there's always a version or two of Ciel I want to do before her, and would want a Ciel to cosplay with, so I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, Valentine's Day always makes me want to cosplay this outfit of Ciel's. I need to add that one to my list, for some reason the plaid details just make me absolutely love it. (not to mention the swallowtail coat..oh how I want a swallowtail coat D: )

..I think that covers most everything. Sorry..I always tend to write a lot when I get going >~<
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #5495
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,099
Funtom, that is a Ciel costume you don't see too often. I love the blue plaid though (I'm a sucker for plaid). I would like to see more people do that one since it's so cute. And if they could get a Lizzie to go with them, that would be really great.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #5496
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Funtom, that is a Ciel costume you don't see too often. I love the blue plaid though (I'm a sucker for plaid). I would like to see more people do that one since it's so cute. And if they could get a Lizzie to go with them, that would be really great.
I have a couple of friends that has said they would be Lizzie with me that I could do that with, but I know I'd have to help with the funds for it (one said she would Try to do it if I bought her the wig. Not absolutely, just Try.) and I don't have the funds to help with it right now when I'm trying to do my own costumes. It crushed me when I saw a really, really nice costume of it that someone was selling used, but not only was it way too expensive to me (150-200?) but also too small. If I don't think I can handle the Sleepy Hollow dress though, I might see about getting that one commissioned from someone..Too early to say now. >.<
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #5497
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I know of a cosplay seller that has it, but it is a pretty high price for me (as are all of their costumes). It's good quality, but it's something I'd have to save for or get as a birthday present. I might try it for AWA, if our SAO group doesn't touch base before then.
Go ahead and tell me who it is. All of the dresses were to be saved for after I get a job anyway.
Quote:
However..I've heard too many stories of friends who cosplay Ciel saying some random Sebastian/Alois/whoever hid under their skirt for pictures without even asking if they could. That's..too far. And I'm aware that could happen with the striped dress, I just think it gives off more of a sophisticated vibe than the pink dress and doesn't invite it..plus it wouldn't be as funny of a picture since fewer people recognize that version.
I'm personally not to worried about that. I'm pretty good at keeping people at a comfortable distance.

Quote:
And..as far as the topic on the other women of the series..I'd like to cosplay Madam Red someday, I just know this isn't the day since I'm still very babyfaced and couldn't pull off her character as well as I would like to. And there are times when I want to do Lizzie (one of her less frilly, bow-filled and pink outfits) but there's always a version or two of Ciel I want to do before her, and would want a Ciel to cosplay with, so I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Another reason I wouldn't do Lizzie is that her hatedom is very similar to Misa from Death Note. While I'm proud of my Misa cosplay, I've gotten way too much crap for it. One person even threatened me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Funtom, that is a Ciel costume you don't see too often. I love the blue plaid though (I'm a sucker for plaid). I would like to see more people do that one since it's so cute. And if they could get a Lizzie to go with them, that would be really great.
The problem with plaid is that it's so hard to find the right fabric. I'm planning to do Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw (Japanese Maid version) and I can't find red plaid that anywhere close to her outfit.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #5498
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Go ahead and tell me who it is. All of the dresses were to be saved for after I get a job anyway.
Cocosilverhk over on eBay. All their costumes are anywhere from $130-$200+, too much for me.

Quote:
I'm personally not to worried about that. I'm pretty good at keeping people at a comfortable distance.
Alright, that's good then I've just heard horror stories and I myself don't want to risk it.


Quote:
Another reason I wouldn't do Lizzie is that her hatedom is very similar to Misa from Death Note. While I'm proud of my Misa cosplay, I've gotten way too much crap for it. One person even threatened me.
That's another thing I'm worried about, but here the one or two Lizzies I've seen seemed to be loved for doing Lizzie. I might just be oblivious, though.



Quote:
The problem with plaid is that it's so hard to find the right fabric. I'm planning to do Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw (Japanese Maid version) and I can't find red plaid that anywhere close to her outfit.
I can attest to this. ;-; You'd probably have to resort to getting it online, which can be really pricey at times. (usually, from what I know, though I'm not big on sewing so I can't say for sure)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #5499
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Cocosilverhk over on eBay. All their costumes are anywhere from $130-$200+, too much for me.
It's actually less than the FanplusFriend's pink dress. I put it on my watch list. Now if I could get that parasol, it would be great. I'm recovering an umbrella to make Jane's from Tarzan. I'll see how that goes and probably do the same thing.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #5500
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,099
@Funtom: That sucks that your friend would only try to cosplay with you if you helped fund it. I know what it's like to fund other costumes for people, and it can be really stressful. I guess seeing costumes listed for around $200 just doesn't seem expensive to me anymore after all the costumes I've made that cost me more (even with buying during sales and with coupons). I think that lately $200 is a low end price for myself...

@Shana: I agree that plaids make it hard to get a costume 100% accurate. I've had to do that in the past, but I've been bound and determined to find something as close as possible because of the love of an outfit or just because I love plaid fabrics. I'm a dork for plaid!
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #5501
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,933
I was just playing around and found a parasol that could work for the Sleepy Hollow dress. The stripes are a lot thicker but it's close enough for me. I'd probably just add some fringe.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #5502
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
@Funtom: That sucks that your friend would only try to cosplay with you if you helped fund it. I know what it's like to fund other costumes for people, and it can be really stressful. I guess seeing costumes listed for around $200 just doesn't seem expensive to me anymore after all the costumes I've made that cost me more (even with buying during sales and with coupons). I think that lately $200 is a low end price for myself...
I know. I'm a minor so I don't have that much money anyways, so I just can't afford to do that. One of them pretty much demanded I did, but the other one I just know she can afford a lot less than I can. I'm pretty content not having a Lizzie right now, though.
$200 is a doable price for me, I'd just prefer not to spend it on every costume..especially not the costume by itself. That's 4 months worth of saving without buying a thing for myself..the only reason I'm able to afford costumes around $200 is because I usually do it around my birthday and Christmas when family members give me money. This year I'm not the baby of the family anymore, either, so I'm starting to get less and less and having to budget more.
I could do it, I'd just have to plan it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I was just playing around and found a parasol that could work for the Sleepy Hollow dress. The stripes are a lot thicker but it's close enough for me. I'd probably just add some fringe.
That's pretty nice; I'm just not a fan of how thick the stripes are..not just to go with the dress, but in general.

Right now..I'm wondering when exactly I'll get to wear my new version of Ciel. I'll get it mid-march, and there's a con early May..but I might be doing a cosplay group then. I'll have to talk to them about it..and maybe convince them to do it for a con in June instead. Maybe we'll be able to do it in the fall so I won't stress about it?
And then there comes the issue..do I wear this costume to AWA or get another version? Ugh..I hate wanting to plan but not being able to because things just can't be decided. I'm also wondering whether to get the wig for this new costume or my Bitter Rabbit. Decisions, decisions..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #5503
Mehdia
The Corset Queen
 
Mehdia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,099
I totally understand the funding problem. For years I had to budget really tight because I was usually in between jobs when I wanted to do costumes. Now, I'm about to be 30, have a steady enough job, and earn money off commissions, so I can afford to do a bit more. But I still try to save because honestly, who wants to waste all their money on one costume?
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #5504
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover
 
Shana05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,933
Just last week, I had no ideas for Kuro cosplay and now I have lots. I've been looking at the photos mini kitten posted and I'm tempted to do Indian Ciel. I have found a pattern for the pants but not for the shirt. It would probably be easier if I knew what it was called and if people didn't call Native Americans "Indians."

I've also had the idea of doing Alois in Hannah's dress. But I'm totally lost on patterns there too.

While searching costumes I found someone who did the Sleep Hollow dress. They even did the idea I had about the parasol.

Edit: I think I figured out the shirt now. I found a basic sleeveless shirt pattern and I plan to add a keyhole neck and Mandarin collar. But now to figure out what kind of fabric to use. I think it should have some luster but definitely shouldn't be costume satin.
__________________
Tumblr - Facebook Fan Page - Etsy Shop

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)

Last edited by Shana05 : 02-19-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #5505
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Just last week, I had no ideas for Kuro cosplay and now I have lots. I've been looking at the photos mini kitten posted and I'm tempted to do Indian Ciel. I have found a pattern for the pants but not for the shirt. It would probably be easier if I knew what it was called and if people didn't call Native Americans "Indians."

I've also had the idea of doing Alois in Hannah's dress. But I'm totally lost on patterns there too.

While searching costumes I found someone who did the Sleep Hollow dress. They even did the idea I had about the parasol.

Edit: I think I figured out the shirt now. I found a basic sleeveless shirt pattern and I plan to add a keyhole neck and Mandarin collar. But now to figure out what kind of fabric to use. I think it should have some luster but definitely shouldn't be costume satin.
I've wanted to do that version, but I can't sew to save my life and don't want to learn how that badly, but almost as soon as I'd gotten the money to get it from an eBay seller, their store just went away. ._. Maybe it's a good thing because it would have been a scam, but I was incredibly disappointed by it.
Also, Alois in Hannah's dress might also be a possibility later if I run out of ideas.
In my news..I ordered my bitter rabbit plushie Monday. Should be getting here within the next three weeks. I'll definitely do a mini-photoshoot and try to make myself look like a younger Ciel for it; I'm actually really, really excited for it..I've wanted one of these for a good two years, ever since I first learnt about the ones that were selling for well over $100, and now I have a really good quality one for $30.
..Also..next three weeks means it shouldn't be too long afterwards that my costume gets here. Wow, time flies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.