Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
kanghead

Modifying a Jacket

Edit: I wasn't sure if this goes in the Anime/Manga category or not because it's asking more about how to modify the jacket than to make the Ouran cosplay.

I can make/buy the tie, pants, the badge, and dress shirt, but the only thing i'm having trouble with is the jacket.
So today I went Thrift store shopping with my friend for an Ouran Jacket, and I found one! (only $1.49!)

My camera sucks, so the color (which is almost perfect) doesn't come out very well.

It's flaws:
1. It's too wide.
2. The folds are coming apart. I don't really know the phrase I'm supposed to use. If you see the picture you can tell it looks kinda floaty where it's supposed to fold over.
3. It's not as straight and pointy as the Anime/Manga is.
4. The pockets don't have little flaps.
Oh boo hoo I'll deal with the last two.

I'm not complaining about it only having 2 buttons because even though the Manga had 3 buttons, the anime had 2.

So, to the actual question: How would I fix 1 and 2?
I might take it to a tailor, but that might get a bit pricey.

Last edited by kanghead : 08-26-2008 at 10:57 PM.
kanghead is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
MsTestament
Sanguine Threads

ok for the Wide part we are talking wide at the waist or shoulder? if it's the wait basically nip it at the mid back. pinch and pin first try it on and make sure it fits before you cut and sew or you will be sorry. Tailors aren't always that exspensive and many Dry cleaners offer the service of alterations. As for crisp fold a little spray on starch can make a world of difference. Spray, wait a minute, press Ta DA!
My Portfolio http://sanguinethreads.zxq.net/ Over 7 years of experience, quick turn around, clothing quality cosplay. I do near everything from mini top hats , accessories,lolita, trenchcoats, kimonos and Japanese garb, Ren Faire, original design, even corsetry. Feel free to contact me for any reason!
MsTestament is offline   Reply With Quote