Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Music Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-11-2003, 07:15 AM   #1
strychnine
yume

Talking New To J-rock/pop...anything good I should lisen to?

I want to download some new music to listen to, and see if I can find something new that I like so I can add new CD's to my collection. Any good J-Rock/Pop bands I should be looking for?

Tutorials & Templates coming soon
strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2003, 08:27 AM   #2
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Yep! ^___^ I'll give you a song title by each too. ^^ (This is all IMO of course ^^)

J-rock:
Psycho le Cemu "Prism" - Fun sounding music and cool PVs
Dir en grey "Cage" - very viz k but are more into punk now
Malice Mizer "Au Revoir"(sp?) - disbanded, baroque gothic to flamboyant style
MUCC "Despair" - similar to bands like Korn only a little more less melody
Lareine "Shiroi Bouquet" - very melodic music; flamboyant style
Raphael "Eternal Wish" - a cross between Malice Mizer and Psycho le Cemu. Music is very soothing and nice to listen to.

J-pop:
Morning Musume "Do it! Now" "Love Machine" - Girls group consisting of changing members. Nice PVs
Every Little Thing "Rescue Me" - This song has an 80s/techno feel to it. Very catchy and the PV is equally interesting
w-inds "Paradox" - Boy band consisting of three members. Very nice voices
Mini Moni "Jyankenpyon" - very bubbly, cute shuffle group. Songs are aimed at a younger audience but you might enjoy them
TM Revolution "Invoke" PV is very interesting. Takanori (vocalist) has a great voice
Gackt "Vanilla" - very....colorful song. Pretty catchy too.
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 09:37 AM   #3
BloodDragonW
Rabid Dethklok Groupie

ANYTHING Malice Mizer or Dir en Grey! All there songs are totally kick ass! Duel Jewel, X-Japan, LUNA SEA (I for you is a great song, makes me tear up...) GLAY... they are all great
And if you looking for some j-pop then Ayumi Hamasaki (SP?) is also good. I dont listen to much J-pop, but she has a wonderful voice.
BloodDragonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #4
chai_fiend
hopelessly asleep

dir en grey and malice mizer hav very nice songs. (malice's "au revoir" is the best song ever) (they're my two favorite bands) i also recommend kagrra. in my opinion, so far, they have not made a bad song. isshi's voice my take some time to get used to tho. as for j-pop, i don't necessarily like them, but utada hikaru and ayumi hamasaki might be nice to listen to. I like their voices. Oh and gackt. he has such a beautiful voice and you can't go wrong w/ too many of his songs.

happy downloading!
chai_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 09:55 AM   #5
Kaede
biku biku

These are my favorites:
Jpop: L'arc en Ciel, Glay, Gackt, Plastic Tree (I guess they're more poppish)
Jrock: Pierrot, Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer, Psycho le Cemu, Moi dix Mois, Raphael, X-Japan, Shazna, Baiser, Lareine, Aioria, Due'le Quartz, Baroque, Kagrra, Nightmare, LunaSea.
Kaede is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 01:22 PM   #6
chai_fiend
hopelessly asleep

wahoo another kagrra fan!

um i think shazna is in the wrong category...yeah they were originally a rock band but they sounded better doing pop.
chai_fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 01:28 PM   #7
tabifu
little bunny tabi fu-fu

if you're interested in alternative rock types...

Judy and Mary is *great*. You might know them from doing Rurouni Kenshin's ending theme Sobakasu. But they have even better songs...

Also, the Brilliant Green. They're just really cool...

And my favorite pop group is Morning Musume. They have a good selection of songs.
tabifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 02:30 PM   #8
Michela
Grapes are fun!

As for Jrock, I would recommend anything by Malice Mizer... their style is so broad! Unlike some American bands, every song is different, and some of them are polar opposites (listen to Beast of Blood, followed by Gardenia, and ye shall know. ^^) If you get into Jrock, make sure to find some videos... the visual aspect of Jrock bands (particularly Dir en Grey and Malice Mizer) is spectacular. For some of the best visual kei imagery, find Le Ciel by Malice Mizer... the scenery, characterization, and costumes are amazing.

As for Jpop, Megumi Hayashibara, and Ayumi Hamasaki are some of the most well-known and fun Jpop artists to listen to.

If you already listen to anime music, find the artists who perform your favorite songs, and you may be surprised: many of them have a broad selection of songs and albums aside from their performances in anime.
Michela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 02:35 PM   #9
Vinya

Spitz!

Gackt!

Gackt!

Gackt's 'Vanilla'!

Gackt!

Oh, and did I mention Gackt? ^_______________________^
Vinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 03:53 PM   #10
Michela
Grapes are fun!

Gackt's "Vanilla" is a naaaaughty song, but that's why we all love it :::giggles:::
Michela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 05:31 PM   #11
Recca-kun

I'm a guy, I prefer Oasis, Seki Ray, and Mizerable to Vanilla.

J-Rock: Luna Sea, Psycho le Cému, Gackt, Pierrot, X-Japan
J-Pop: T.M.Revolution, Iceman
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #12
ryuichi fangirl
Taryn + bacon = OTP

hehehe...
J Rock:
Dir en grey an Malice Mizer are a must...and some others are...Kagrra, Pierrot, Gackt, Glay, Miyavi, Due le Quartz, Nightmare, X Japan, Larc~en~Ciel, Hyde, Psycho le Cemu, Penicillin, Moi Dix Mois, Buck-Tick, Kuroyume, Sugizo...the list goes on....( and try Silver Ash..they're a Chinese visual rock group and they're really good:P)

I can't really say much on J Pop tho..I don't listen to it much so..eh ^^;;...but I DO like Megumi Hayashibara.....so...yea..I can reccomend her I suppose ^_^

Last edited by ryuichi fangirl : 07-11-2003 at 05:36 PM.
ryuichi fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2003, 03:42 AM   #13
Kikari
Bad Habits

You MUST listen to Luna Sea's Gravity & Siam Shade's Moon. Both old bands that aren't anymore but still great ones that I love.. ^^
Kikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 09:38 AM   #14
Trinity
Here we go again!

Have to put in my two cents here!

Janne Da Arc, T.M. Revolution, Ayumi Hamasaki, Siam Shade, Dir en grey, Luna Sea, Malice Mizer, Gackt, Glay, Megumi Hayashibara, and too many more to list.

^^ There. I feel better now.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 08:10 PM   #15
Aoi

Hiyo!!!!

i really woudl suggest you listening to the followign groups

Do As Inifinity- this group is mainly J-Pop, I really love "Desire", "Week" and "Kuusou Ryodan".
Also, once in a while they makes soemthing out of the ordinary like Inu Yashas 2nd ending "Fukai Mori" and Inu Yasha's 4rth opening "Shinjitsu no Uta".

Brilliant Green- As Tabifu said they are just cool. My favorite song from this group is "ivu no Kane" (Angel Song).

Hiro-X: "Driving Myself"

Judy And Mary: This used to be my favorite J-Pop group of all time. they were so awesome. Oh well, i coudl understadn why they decided to disband after all of their albums and hit songs ^_^..."Sobakasu" still rock my house from time to time...

Kimeru: "You Got Game"

Naja: They are kind of new. Judy & Mary drums is now workign with them ^_~....you certainly would enjoy "Mr. Deja Vu" if you have watched Get Backers.

Okui Masami: She has such a great voice. "Ano Hi GoGo" wil always stay as one of my llifetime favorites

T.M. Revolution: I so love his songs and he has such a great voice ^_^... "Heart of the Sword" is one of the endings for Rurouni Kenshin and "Invoke" the first op for Gundam SEED.

Pierrot: Man these guys are so cool!!!! and their attires are truly awesome *___*. :Barairo no Sekai" is a cool song to the boot! you woudl certainly enjoy this oen if you are a Get Backers fan.

Gatck: Everybody loves Gatck if you dont love him you are not human XP....

L' Arc~en~Ciel : "The Fourth Avenue Cafe"

Yello Monkey: "Tactics" they have been playing for quite a qwhile and they are one of my favorite groups of all time!!!! ^___~

Ayumi Hamasaki: She is oen of my favorite singers of all time too..."Endless Sorrow" and 'Dearest" will make you beg for more !!! XD.

Well i think thats it....for now XD.
Aoi is offline   Reply With Quote