Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-11-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
makonurikoryoko

Talking Hey Arnold!

^_^ I just bought and rewatched the Hey Arnold movie today and boy do I ever love Hey Arnold! My best friend and I are crazed over it and have been for quite some time. I think that the show is well done and designed and the characters all have great complex personaliies that work well together, and it seems as though Hey Arnold is one of the only American childrens cartoons that has lots of character development! Maybe its just me and my sheer love fo rthe show ^^ but I think it is one of the best American cartoons ever made! Just seeing if anyone else loves it or has an opinion on it! ^_^ Oh and if you have fave eps or characters. I love Helga of course because shes so crazy and complex and Im always rooting for her and Arnold to get together! heheh all the episodes that have signs that they will get together are my faves!!!
::looks around for more Hey Arnold! to watch::
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
Tenjou

Hey football head!

I've loved Hey Arnold! ever since it first started. =D My favorite character is probably Helga and Beeper Bob (he sort of reminds me of my dad. XD) I like Helga, because it's so entertaining for her to whip out that heart-shaped frame and swoon over her footballhead! Did you ever see the episode where she finally gets Arnold's hat and it completes her Arnold-shrine? It made me laugh so bad when she put it on!

I also like "Life as Told by Ginger". =D good stuff.
Tenjou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 07:10 PM   #3
PinkBunny

I love "Hey Arnold" too! Of course, my favorite character is Helga. I also like Harold because he's such a baby.

I think one of the best episodes is one where they show Helga and Arnold when they're young. Helga's really nice as a little kid, and viewers get to see how she became such a bully. The episode is definitely cute AND I got to see the storyboards from it (One of my professors worked on that episode!).

I, too, root for Helga and Arnold to get together. Remember that episode where Helga becomes a fashion icon? I was holding my breath at the end of that. One of the BEST episodes where Arnold and Helga unite is the one where Helga and Arnold end up at the same beach for summer vacation. It's so adorable!!!! I was hoping she would admit to liking him, but you know how she is. Poo.
PinkBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 07:41 PM   #4
Scortia

I love Hey Arnold too... given that it was in the 1st or 2nd round of Nicktoons, the ones that were a bit more interesting. *huggles Rocko's Modern Life* I think Phoebe, the grandmother, and Helga are my favorite characters... there's just so much going on and even though they toy with the thought of her saying her feelings in like every other episode, I'm still roped in with hopes of it finally happening. ^^;; I can't remember her name, but I have a dark hatred of the "ever-so..." girl... drives me nuts. ~_~;;
Unread 07-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #5
Melfina
Some Sneaky Sim

I love Hey Arnold! As for my favorite characters, it's a tie between Arnold and Helga. I like the episode where Helga goes to see the psychologist.
As Told by Ginger is a cool show as well!

Last edited by Melfina : 07-11-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Melfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #6
Arisa
asdfghjkl

I don't like As Told By Ginger much at all. >_> It's nowhere NEAR being an accurate representation of middle-school life. I'd know, I just got out of middle school. However, I love Hey Arnold. ^^ I wish Helga would just admit to liking Arnold already ;-; But I can kinda relate to the fear... And Lila irritates me >_< Little miss perfect.
Arisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2003, 08:21 PM   #7
makonurikoryoko

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkBunny
I think one of the best episodes is one where they show Helga and Arnold when they're young. Helga's really nice as a little kid, and viewers get to see how she became such a bully. The episode is definitely cute AND I got to see the storyboards from it (One of my professors worked on that episode!).
"helga on the Couch" thats definitly one of my all time favorites as well!! XD WOW! Thats so awsome that your profesor worked on it! Give him or her a hug for me! hehe

Quote:
Originally posted by Scortia
I love Hey Arnold too... given that it was in the 1st or 2nd round of Nicktoons, the ones that were a bit more interesting. *huggles Rocko's Modern Life* there's just so much going on and even though they toy with the thought of her saying her feelings in like every other episode, I'm still roped in with hopes of it finally happening.
Yeah Nick toons have definitly lost their goodness.. well i mean the new ideas for shows they come up with now... hehe I know you Ginger fans wont like me saying this, but i really don't like that show. hehhe
And yes the way they hook you... ooo >< even after the movie confession I'm not satisfied! heheh I was squealing in the theater and getting teary when she did it cause Ive been waiting years! XD ooo Im a dork!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scortia
I can't remember her name, but I have a dark hatred of the "ever-so..." girl... drives me nuts. ~_~;; [/b]
Lila... ::shudders:: yeah she drives me nuts too! gah! Especially during the 2nd cheese festival episode! ;_; that episode is so sad... but I do like the costume party episode when Helga dresses like Lila. Its so sweet and hopeful! awww kawaiiii

I dont think Arnold really likes Lila anyway ever, he was totally guilted into it... hehe
Unread 07-12-2003, 02:43 AM   #8
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Hey Arnold - easily one of the few American cartoons I still have respect for. I think my favorite character is Arnold's grandpa. The old dude's a steel ox, can crack jokes, and is dependable. He rocks! Ne - did we ever find out about Arnold's parents? (And what's his last name, anyway o_o)
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2003, 03:28 AM   #9
DaphHime
Loyal agent of ACROSS

I love that show. I don't watch it much anymore though. I've got to see the movie. I heard Helga does admit to her feelings to Arnold in that one. Helga is my favorite character in the show to because I can relate to her. Her mom is funny too. Though it's so sad to see her parents ignore her like they do.

Eh I don't like As Told By Ginger that much. Probably because the two "popular" girls annoy the heck out of me. >_<

Future cosplays
-Yue Ying (DW5/WO2)
-Tsukyuo, ninja!cafe Sacchan (Gintama)
-Princess Daisy (Super Maro Bros.)
-Mikuru (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Mia Faye (Phoenix Wright)
Lot's more...>_>

Next con
Youmacon '09

MySpace*LiveJournal
DaphHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2003, 03:52 AM   #10
makonurikoryoko

Quote:
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
Ne - did we ever find out about Arnold's parents? (And what's his last name, anyway o_o)
There was a special called the Journal where he found a journal from his parents aand he learned all about them. It was a touching special and a cliffhanger that was supposed to set up apparently the 2nd movie, but theres been alot of talk of it not happening because of the lack of sucess with the first movie and I think some problems with Nick being evil and stuff... -_- It woulda been so cool! I know there alot of fan campaigns going on to writ eletters to nick expressing intrest in this movie and in Hey Arnold in general!
And no you still dont know his name, though there was a rumor that the 2nd movie would reveal that too >_< Theres alot of rumors about this movie though...

Quote:
Originally posted by DaphHime

Helga is my favorite character in the show to because I can relate to her. Her mom is funny too. Though it's so sad to see her parents ignore her like they do.
Yeah its realy heart wrenching in alot of the episodes to see Helga get put through so much crap! ::sniffles:: poor littl ething! ;_; waaaah
and speaking of Helgas family, the creator of Hey Arnold, Craig Bartlett, had apparently tried to sell an idea for a Hey Arnold Spinoff focusing on Helgas family to Nick and MTV, but they didnt want it becaus eit was going to be too serious or something...
ah well...
^_^
Unread 07-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #11
Akutenshi
x.x

Heh...I like Hey arnold...not nearly as much as carson-neko, as you already know....she's still jealous about that big arnold that jon got for you. I love arnold's grandma, or "bwana", rather...she always cracks me up. but as for really main characters....i love Helga too. One of my fav episodes was that twilight-zone ish one when he went to go visit arnie and "lulu" liked him...lol. good stuff

....and i like as told by ginger....carl is priceless
Unread 07-14-2003, 10:16 PM   #12
makonurikoryoko

Yeah that was a weird and amusing episode! ^_^
heeh I think evryone loves Helga!

>< oo i dont like carl.. lol then again I dont like Ginger at al reallly.. ^^
ooo I miss old school Nicktoons... oo Rocko and Ren and Stimpy...
Unread 07-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #13
TsukiNoBara
Poser

*laughs* I thought I was the only one my age who likes Hey Arnold. I'm glad to see that's not true. It was love at first sight when they premiered it before Harriet the Spy back in '96, and I've been watching it ever since. It's about the only American cartoon that I still truly like. Too bad they still don't show Rocko's Modern Life, I really liked that one too.
TsukiNoBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 10:38 PM   #14
Cactuarsama
damn you navi!

ive loved hey arnold since the very first show , its one of the few shows that actually has been on for a while and has steady air time. i don't really watch alot of tv but if i do its usually nick. i like spongebob, hey arnold, fairly odd parents(i love cosmo), and jimmy neutron because i like the computer animation (and sheen ^ ^) but i absolutly hate these shows like the amanda show and all that they are mucho suckage and about as funny as a hemerroid! i used to like "all that" with the original cast (keenan, kel)

and tsuki they still do play rocko, its just you can't tell when its gonna be on because its on that veiwers choice show they play in the after noon
Cactuarsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2003, 11:40 PM   #15
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

hehe, its been awhile since I watched Hey Arnold, I'll have to check out the movie....actually thinking about it, I think Hey Arnold was the last Nicktoon I watched before losing interest in the station.