Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 07-11-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
maikaeirn
The human vacum

Battle Royale

Help? Yea, that pretty much sums it up...

Erm, i'm doing a Battle Royale cosplay (obviously) for Ani-Magic. I don't really need help with the costume as much as the props that go with it: ie: colar, weapons and etc...

Any ideas on how to even begin the construction on the colar? I think that would be the most difficult part of the costume to construct for me. Any ideas on other aspects of the costume would be greatly appreciated as well! ^^
maikaeirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2003, 07:07 PM   #2
Sponichi

re: collars

Hey

I also did a BR cosplay for Fanimecon, and I friend of mine made the collar for me. I don't have his email or anything, but if you want, I could give you his livejournal page and u could ask for one. He's just upgraded the collar, so it looks pretty nifty.
Sponichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #3
katchoo
Gaming Angel

me too!!! ^_^
katchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #4
lainey
D2R Cosplay

yeah..i'd like to know how u guys made them O_O
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2003, 01:09 AM   #5
KimikoChan

I ordered mine off of brokensunglasses.com . I just ordered it on July 18, so I haven't received it yet, but I've heard good things about them, so it's worth checking out. If you want to spend the money it's $35. That includes shipping and the batteries 'n stuff, cuz it lights up !. I think it's 2 for $50. as well. Other than that, maikaeirn, I know duck is selling some for about $5.00 (could be more, depends on the materials), so you just need to let her know and she'll make it and bring it to ani-magic. These are only for those who will be in our BR group at ani-magic, but brokensunglasses is for everyone

Hope that helps.
KimikoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2003, 02:22 AM   #6
duck
What's anime? I want ale!

It's actually the easiest part for me so far! It's the blasted jacket that's driving me nuts.

Yep, I'll be making them for $5 for our cosplay group at Ani-Magic. Aside from that, it depends - but it'll probably be a little more since $5 covers materials pretty well, but not the bandaids for my bleeding hands.=) Probably just $8 or something, though.

Anyway, this is more or less how mine will be constructed. I've only created a "draft" so far to test construction methods, but it seems to work well. The "real" collars will be far more accurate.

the base - craft foam

the metal - thin aluminium sheeting

I cut out two pieces of craft foam, with wire in between them to hold a circular shape.

The sheet aluminum was cut out, and mounted on another piece of craft foam (to provide the depth for the "screen"). The screen was just cut out with an x-acto knife. The screen on my draft was a piece of lighting gel, although I may find some thin plastic for the other collars. For accuracy, I may run some rubber tubing around the metal, but otherwise, it looks fine with just the craft foam. I'm also going to use some leather on the back for comfort.

They slip on and off and don't blink(I may experiment with that later; but right now...eh.).

Here's a picture of the "draft" collar:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=500 &page=1

(ignore the glue gun mess that I didn't clean up)

Besides the tendency to cut one's fingers on sheet metal - it's really quite easy!
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2003, 10:40 PM   #7
Cait

How have people approached the general Battle Royale ensamble? Do you/did you buy on a site or use patterns? Did you go clean or covered in blood? Did you do an actual character, or was it a semi original character?
Cait is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2003, 01:17 AM   #8
krystal1314
Cheesemists

I made my collar by using foam, tubing, and electric tape (cause I was too afraid to use sheet metal, I mean it's your neck ya' know? ^^;;; ) It died at Otakon cause the tubing was falling apart and stuff, but it looks good from afar ^^
I did Mitsuko, and I didn't use any blood on my costume cause I like the white shirt underneath it ('tis my concert choir attire XD) and yups, I used cheerleading skirt pattern for the skirt and the jacket I just kinda freestlyed considering the pattern I had was a different kind of jacket and I only bought 2 yards of khaki fabric, originally I was only planning to make the skirt
But, it turned out pretty spiffy ^_^
krystal1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2003, 11:14 AM   #9
Ihrie

My collar's being made for me by a friend (YuffieLeonheart) and I'm going to probably search until I find, or until I can't search anymore, for the jacket and pants. I mean....it IS only a khaki material, right? Shouldn't be that hard....maybe....lol

No blood for me....I want to keep mine blood free XD
Ihrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2003, 03:43 PM   #10
yuffieleonheart

O.o i was thinking of making commissions for them o.o; but i dunno if you'd be interested @.@ hmmm i can't seem to be able to attach pics ;.;. but if your interested you can pm me ^^

::edit:: u can kind of see my collar on krystal1314 avator :: i'm the girl she's killing XD::
Unread 08-16-2003, 05:17 PM   #11
Cait

Another silly question: Has anyone done book versions? (example: Noriko's leg injured instead of her arm? ...I think that's right. *tries to remember book details*)
Cait is offline   Reply With Quote